[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is driving me nuts...

I'm after a blizz, and so far the search function has yielded that there might be spawners in the subway (oh dear).
Or that the end-line glacial percipitator quest gives a blizz egg... I suspect that has changed since the post was made though - unless there's a hidden quest.

Does anyone know if there is any other way to get a blizz in the map? I know Landstryder did, but it's a bit fuzzy on the details...

...is it a secret?...

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
Seems I lost my world due to my own fault of using the /hqm enable instead of /hqm quest. I died, game couldn't send me back to my sync, and lost all my lives.
Could I suggest that some form of map backup mod is installed, such as AromaBackup that ArgSkies uses? Starting afresh isn't too bad when we made some progress, it's very disheartening to loose everything. I'd basically got as far as possible without raiding cities.

In memory of my mistake, and my world:
(may not seem like much, but a lot of pain and grief was involved in this)
2014-09-16_21.26.09.jpg
I for one think your base looks great!
But you died and lost the world.. bugger.. BUT!
Now you get to do it again!
Do it better this time. Learn from mistakes.
Once you let go of your old worlds you have fun perfecting that early game and finding out what works and what doesn't.
Each time I set myself a new goal "okay; this time I am going to roll the dice on my first few cobble to try and get cactus for a water farm ASAP"

Reactions: Yoshi667

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

I'm after a blizz, and so far the search function has yielded that there might be spawners in the subway (oh dear).
Or that the end-line glacial percipitator quest gives a blizz egg... I suspect that has changed since the post was made though - unless there's a hidden quest.

Does anyone know if there is any other way to get a blizz in the map? I know Landstryder did, but it's a bit fuzzy on the details...

...is it a secret?...
It seems strange that you'd find a Blizz on a desert world *shrug*. Regardless, why do you need one? Blizz powder is craftable, if for some reason you want Cryotheum.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
It seems strange that you'd find a Blizz on a desert world *shrug*. Regardless, why do you need one? Blizz powder is craftable, if for some reason you want Cryotheum.

Yeah, but it uses redstone and water - neither of which is in huge supply, even though I have a renewable source of both, each is slow.
btw: I know about witches, haven't got a villager as of yet, and I'm not sure I want to use a witch farm either way.

I'd prefer to capture one in a safari net, and just mass slaughter 'em.

On a related note, other than diving into water, does anyone know of a block or liquid that cools the area down, similar to how a furnace or machine heats the area up... I like the idea of making some air-con rooms. I think my best bet might be cryotheum - but I'm not sure if it's in the configs.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
On a related note, other than diving into water, does anyone know of a block or liquid that cools the area down, similar to how a furnace or machine heats the area up... I like the idea of making some air-con rooms. I think my best bet might be cryotheum - but I'm not sure if it's in the configs.
Considering pyrotheum is making you hot, I imagine cryotheum is also in the configs :)

Ice probably also works? Or does that melt in this biome?

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
You know this sounds more like a backed up TE item duct than anything else check to see if you any backed up

It happened to me when it wasn't automated yet, and thus there were no TE ducts to get backed up with items ;) And it hasn't happened ever since i did automated it, hence the reason why i think its pneumatic craft related. Besides i dint have enough seeds in store to back up the chamber pipe that much that i would increase my RAM to silly levels. My gravel puncher had stacks of cobble backed up for a couple of days now and caused 0 issues, i have strong doubts its TE duct related because of that.

Any ways, more ship logs :p

Log 09
Log 10

Getting things done, still no visit to the city still no massive grieved areas because of the gamerules that i dint change to false >.< Time to process some more gravel and look at reactor stuff :p

Cant wait for 1.7.x and see how much of a challenge that will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
back when i played tekkit classic (before it was called tekkit classic, because the current 'tekkit' didn't exist), there was a tech machine you could build that would terraform an area, changing the current biome into another one. i can't remember if the size of the area terraformed could be configured, but i know you could choose what biome to terraform into. wouldn't such a machine fit perfectly into this pack, and provide a possible ending goal?

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
back when i played tekkit classic (before it was called tekkit classic, because the current 'tekkit' didn't exist), there was a tech machine you could build that would terraform an area, changing the current biome into another one. i can't remember if the size of the area terraformed could be configured, but i know you could choose what biome to terraform into. wouldn't such a machine fit perfectly into this pack, and provide a possible ending goal?
The terraformer from IC2?

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019

...is it a secret?...
you can gamble for one using mfr villager by buying random creature mfr pokeball, i manage to snag few cows, sheeps and a cat this way.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019

...is it a secret?...
[Link]
Basic MobGrinder made out of smooth stone (cobble -> furnace) with flowing water inside will spawn Blizz.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticraft is a nightmare. Especially when you stand on top of your air compressor and it blows up. (That seriously happened)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
So there was a Reddit post a month or so ago about a Deep Freeze pack inspired by Crash Landing. Has anything happened with that?

Either way, I'm looking at building a cold weather stone-age-to-space-age survival modpack, most likely for personal use only or as a private modpack. One of the Evil changes I'm currently developing is torches that slowly lose their light and heat.

I want fairly normal worldgen, but only cold biomes (and the fewer trees, the better). What are the best worldgen mods to play around with?

Reactions: ScottieC