[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
So there was a Reddit post a month or so ago about a Deep Freeze pack inspired by Crash Landing. Has anything happened with that?

Either way, I'm looking at building a cold weather stone-age-to-space-age survival modpack, most likely for personal use only or as a private modpack. One of the Evil changes I'm currently developing is torches that slowly lose their light and heat.

I want fairly normal worldgen, but only cold biomes (and the fewer trees, the better). What are the best worldgen mods to play around with?
sounds intriguing

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm, I can't claim my reward for covering the basics?

I already crafted a new questbook but no luck.
You can't claim rewards if you don't have enough space in your inventory for them.

245mr9u.jpg

Can someone tell me what is happening here? The iron ingots are just sitting there in the interface, refusing to go into the chamber. I have it facing the correct way.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You can't claim rewards if you don't have enough space in your inventory for them.

245mr9u.jpg

Can someone tell me what is happening here? The iron ingots are just sitting there in the interface, refusing to go into the chamber. I have it facing the correct way.
How much pressure is in the system currently? It won't pull them in until it has enough and even though you are doing all 22 at once, it still uses the same amount of pressure as if you did them individually so it has to build up more before it'll put them in.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Considering pyrotheum is making you hot, I imagine cryotheum is also in the configs :)

Ice probably also works? Or does that melt in this biome?
Keeping a bucket of cryotheum in your hotbar does indeed cool you down. By quite a bit actually. With diamond boots and leggings, and a pneumatic helmet, and a bucket of cryotheum my daytime outside temperature rises only verrrry slowly. Gets to the point where I'm getting dehydrated from not often having to drink water to cool down.

Cryotheum in the world on the other hand doesn't do a ton to cool you down if I'm not mistaken. It still hurts you with the frostbite effect or whatever it is, and it does generate snow cover.

JustcallmeJJ

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have enough room in your inventory for all of the rewards?

More than enough.

To clarify, there is no claim reward button and yes according to the book I did all the quest items.
So unless there is a hidden quest I'm stuck.

Edit: I redid the quest two times with no result.

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
my friend has a problem with downloading the pack! Please help, he REALLY wants to play it!

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
More than enough.

To clarify, there is no claim reward button and yes according to the book I did all the quest items.
So unless there is a hidden quest I'm stuck.

Edit: I redid the quest two times with no result.

Is there perhaps a second task to the quest? When that happens, the complete button only shows up for the final task in a quest.

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Unless there is a mindreader in the group we're going to need more information.
Yeah, but he dosen't show me what the problem is. I think it is somthing with his java, because he gets a "warning" message about his java when he starts FTB.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, but he dosen't show me what the problem is. I think it is somthing with his java, because he gets a "warning" message about his java when he starts FTB.

Then we really can't help much.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019

Make sure running Version 7 of Java.
Make sure using 64 bit if on a 64 bit OS.
Increase the memory allocation either in the launcher or through the java console.

Generic answers, but the question is vague

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure running Version 7 of Java.
Make sure using 64 bit if on a 64 bit OS.
Increase the memory allocation either in the launcher or through the java console.

Generic answers, but the question is vague
He don't know what his computer is if it's 64-bit or 32-bit but he knows it's a stationary (if that's how you say it) computer! The memory i don't think he are going to touch but i'm going to tell him about it! Thanks for the help!

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Q: Why include the Big Reactors mod, alter it's Fuel Rod controller, but remove the recipe for the Reactor and Turbine controllers?

Was it a mistake or do those blocks have to be found... in the city?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Q: Why include the Big Reactors mod, alter it's Fuel Rod controller, but remove the recipe for the Reactor and Turbine controllers?

Was it a mistake or do those blocks have to be found... in the city?
Have to find them in the city. Big round buildings with lots of glass, so I've heard.
Edit: Gah, ninja'd