[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Probably placed blocks. If you have to, mouse over all the blocks in the round buildings. Those chisel high-tech factory blocks make everything look alike. (I haven't found a reactor building yet, nor ever used Big Reactors, so this is all guessing)

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reactor building. When you see it, you'll know it.

I've done 5 cities so far and not found one reactor building, after the 3rd I just do flybys now to look for the building and then move on after marking a waypoint.

iirc the spawn rate for them is quite low?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Im flying around in a creative world and not finding it. Can I get a screenshot so I know what Im looking for?
Trust us when we say you'll know it when you see it. search this thread for a pic or two. It's pretty monsterous and huge and sticks out like a sore thumb. Also very very dangerous. My 3rd city had 1 and my 5th or 6th had 2 actually. They are there.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks all, I found one...

Now another question: Is there an 'upgraded' camel pack or similar. One that either holds more water, and/or gives an armor bonus?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks all, I found one...

Now another question: Is there an 'upgraded' camel pack or similar. One that either holds more water, and/or gives an armor bonus?
No, but you can automate refilling the camel pack in various ways. Using SFM, you can make it so all you have to do is step on a pressure plate to get your camel pack refilled, hands free. The arial interface from pneumaticcraft along with some SFM can make it so your camel pack refills automatically no matter where you are in the world, wirelessly and hands free.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
You can't claim rewards if you don't have enough space in your inventory for them.

245mr9u.jpg

Can someone tell me what is happening here? The iron ingots are just sitting there in the interface, refusing to go into the chamber. I have it facing the correct way.

Hey i have the exact same problem. Im not sure why either.

DDurwood

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if anyone has posted this, but there is a bug when making PB&J sandwiches. The jelly will return you a glass bottle, but you never needed a glass bottle to make the Jelly in the first place, so this will ultimately get you a free bottle. This bug could be fixed by not returning a bottle, or by requiring a bottle for the jelly in the first place.

gwylm

Jul 29, 2019
More than enough.

To clarify, there is no claim reward button and yes according to the book I did all the quest items.
So unless there is a hidden quest I'm stuck.

Edit: I redid the quest two times with no result.

i have the same problem. any luck yet?

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having the exact same problem some people have been posting about, where you've unlocked the technological revolution quest line but you can't complete the first quest (covering the basics).
I've crafted a new quest book, I've redone the quest - making sure I crafted 3 PCB's using acid and the UV light (and made another 3 using the assembly line). I made sure that all 3 items where in my inventory at the same time.
Tried it with a completely empty inventory (accept the quest book).

No second part to the quest has show up, no button for claiming rewards have shown up. The quest line says that I've completed 0%.
These quests are the only ones that I haven't completed yet.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone might know something else I could try to fix this.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
The input/output doors require a certain amount of pressure to open, and then more pressure to move the items from the interface into/out-of the chamber
This ^. If you have 22 ingots in there, all 22 won't be moved until you have enough pressure to move 22 ingots into the chamber. Also, it may take a while to move them all in there as well.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
The input/output doors require a certain amount of pressure to open, and then more pressure to move the items from the interface into/out-of the chamber
This ^. If you have 22 ingots in there, all 22 won't be moved until you have enough pressure to move 22 ingots into the chamber. Also, it may take a while to move them all in there as well.

Not really, i have 5 bars of pressure and yet it wont move SOME crap. I tried 'creeper seeds' and it goes in nicely, swapped it with 'compressed iron' NOPE~.

Any idea how to fix it? I had to go back to basics (breaking the thing open and throwing crap in)

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
I find attaching an itemduct and setting it to only move 12 items at a time works great for input.
Speed upgrades help for getting stuff in but keeping a constant pressure supplied with gauges and redstone helps a lot

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having the exact same problem some people have been posting about, where you've unlocked the technological revolution quest line but you can't complete the first quest (covering the basics).
I've crafted a new quest book, I've redone the quest - making sure I crafted 3 PCB's using acid and the UV light (and made another 3 using the assembly line). I made sure that all 3 items where in my inventory at the same time.
Tried it with a completely empty inventory (accept the quest book).

No second part to the quest has show up, no button for claiming rewards have shown up. The quest line says that I've completed 0%.
These quests are the only ones that I haven't completed yet.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone might know something else I could try to fix this.

For those having this issue could you recheck your steps for us, so we know it's not something you may have missed:

Raw Materials:
1 Creeper Seed
3 Squid Seeds
3 Lightning Seeds

11 Iron Ingots
2 Nickle Ingot
1 Silver Ingot
1 Gold Ingot

10 Redstone
4 Raw Rubber
2 Sand

Machines:
Pressure Chamber* - (PneCr)
UV Light* - (PneCr)
Smeltery w/ casting table containing an ingot cast (TiCon)
Crafting Bench (vanilla)
Furance (vanilla)
*: Will need a compressed air supply

Step 1 - Unassembled PCB board
Place the Creeper Seeds into the Pressure Chamber to make a Green Plastic
Place 1 Iron Ingot into the Pressure Chamber to make 1 Compressed Iron Ingot
Place the Green Plastic and the Compressed Iron Ingot into the Pressure Chamber to make an Empty PCB
Place the Empty PCB into the UV Light and allow it to etch to 100% to make an Unassembled PCB

Step 2 - Printed Circuit Board
Place 6 Iron Ingots into the Pressure Chamber to get 6 Compressed Iron Ingots
Place the 3 Squid Seeds into the Pressure Chamber to get 3) Black Plastic
Place the 3 Black Plastic, 3 Compressed Iron Ingots, and 3 redstone dust into the Pressure Chamber to get 3 transistors
Place the 3 Lightning Seeds into the Pressure Chamber to get 3 Cyan Plastic
Place the 3 Cyan Plastic, 3 Compressed Iron Ingots, and 3 redstone dust into the Pressure Chamber to get 3 Capacitors
Using the Craft Bench combine the Unassembled PCB, transistors, and capacitors to get a Printed Circuit Board.
With Printed Circuit Board in your inventory, check the quest book to make sure it updated

Step 3 - PCR-100
Cook the 4 Raw Rubber in the furnace to get 4 Rubber Bars
Cook the 4 Rubber Bars in a furnace to get 4 Raw Plastic
Using the Craft Bench, combine the 4 Raw Plastic to get 4 Plastic Sheets
Using the crafting bench, combine the Printed Circuit Board, 4 Plastic Sheets, and 4 Redstone to get the PCR-100
With PCR-100 in your inventory, check the quest book to make sure it updated

Step 4 - Machine Frame
Cook the 2 sand into glass
Place the gold ingot, the silver ingot, 4 iron ingots and 2 nickle(ferrous) metal ingots into the smeltery until all is melted down. Giving you 244mb(2 ingots) of Electrum, and 864mb(6 ingots) of Invar
Using a casting table, cast the metals stored in the smeltery into ingots resulting in 2 Electrum ingots and 6 Invar ingots.
Using the crafting bench, combine the Electrum, 4 Invar, 2 Glass, and PCR-100 to get a Machine Frame
With Machine Frame in your inventory, check the quest book.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, i have 5 bars of pressure and yet it wont move SOME crap. I tried 'creeper seeds' and it goes in nicely, swapped it with 'compressed iron' NOPE~.

Any idea how to fix it? I had to go back to basics (breaking the thing open and throwing crap in)

Dumb question, but will it not allow in items if the current items in the chamber would not make a valid recipe with whats in the Input chamber? Like is the pressure chamber smart enough to not let in items that won't combine with existing items in the chamber? What is currently in the pressure chamber?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019

Please note that the doors reduce pressure. IIRC its 2bars per each door:
Open outter door(1 bars)
Move items into system
Close door(1 bars).
Open Inner door(1 bar)
Move items into Chamber(n bars)
Close door(1 bar).

So depending on item amount, 5 bars may not be enough

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question, but will it not allow in items if the current items in the chamber would not make a valid recipe with whats in the Input chamber? Like is the pressure chamber smart enough to not let in items that won't combine with existing items in the chamber? What is currently in the pressure chamber?

Crap goes in no matter what, if u have enough pressure.

Please note that the doors reduce pressure. IIRC its 2bars per each door:
Open outter door(1 bars)
Move items into system
Close door(1 bars).
Open Inner door(1 bar)
Move items into Chamber(n bars)
Close door(1 bar).

So depending on item amount, 5 bars may not be enough

Hmm the thing is, a stack of 'creeper seeds' went in nicely. At the same pressure(or even lower), while a stack of 'compressed iron ingots' got stuck at the gate. Welp unless less pressure is required for creeper seeds? l0l