[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have some Witch Water in front of my grinder, and skeletons turn to Wither Skeleton texture, but I have yet to see a single Necrotic Bone. Does the grinder drop these bones, or do I have to kill them manually? I've killed a couple with a Looting 1 sword, but still no luck.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I have some Witch Water in front of my grinder, and skeletons turn to Wither Skeleton texture, but I have yet to see a single Necrotic Bone. Does the grinder drop these bones, or do I have to kill them manually? I've killed a couple with a Looting 1 sword, but still no luck.
Im not sure about the grinder, but you can use Iron Spikes to get those rare loot drops

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
everyone keeps mentioning milk. do one of the later quests reward a cow spawn egg?
Soy milk? Hm, doesn't work, and I can't think of a way to convert one to the other.[DOUBLEPOST=1411080988][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im not sure about the grinder, but you can use Iron Spikes to get those rare loot drops
I also have a small mob farm that I've replaced the water with Witch Water in, that drops down to iron spikes, no luck there yet but it's not a very high turnover farm.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I was asking if that was the machine Hexerin was remembering

I did see that post before, but it sounds implausible. Has it been verified?
Might try to test it myself...
That's how I discovered it.
I made a basic 4-waterway drop grinder out of smooth stone, noticed I was getting Blizz'es. Then I've swapped ALL smoothstone floor and water with conveyor belts (exu) and I wasn't getting anymore of blizz.
As a followup I made another grinder where instead of waterways I placed conveyor blocks with smoothstone spawning areas - still no Blizzes.

At least that's how I came to conclusion Blizz spawns if there is: Dark enough and there is a spot of smooth stone touching water.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

In 1.1.2 I had to disable skeletons in the Special Mobs config to get wither-watered skeletons to drop necrotic bones and wither skulls.[DOUBLEPOST=1411085056][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its probably the best, as the only other is to use TiCon's High Oven with some conveluted ingrediants(Hambone requiring pigs)

Not true. Sludge boiler will yield soul sand.

Sludge boiler output from one harvester on a 2x2 treefarm:
riP4ePB.jpg

DSUs are for Clay, Dirt, and Sand.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.1.2 I had to disable skeletons in the Special Mobs config to get wither-watered skeletons to drop necrotic bones and wither skulls.[DOUBLEPOST=1411085056][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not true. Sludge boiler will yield soul sand.

Sludge boiler output from one harvester on a 2x2 treefarm:
riP4ePB.jpg

DSUs are for Clay, Dirt, and Sand.

How long was ur farm running for? ;P[DOUBLEPOST=1411086520][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohhh, nice! Now I have a use for the sludge in my tree farm

Oh stick your sludge boiler in a corner or youre gona get poisoned l0l

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone managed to conquer the blazing pyrotheum from destroyed reactors in other cites? I thought it shouldn't be that bad but there's no real pump in the mod...
On a side note I kinda wish everything didn't revolve around PneumaticCraft, since it's somewhat mediocre and (imo) boring plus it doesn't fit with theme of pack (best spacemen could do is an air pressure technology? eh?). Is there any other high end mods I could install which would fit in the modpack without screwing up everything?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
An update here, in ../crashlanding/minecraft/config/specialmobs.cfg I get wither skeletons in creative(via witch water) to drop wither skulls and nec. bones by changing "B:_allow_vanilla=false" under "skeleton_rates" to "B:_allow_vanilla=true"

Did anyone managed to conquer the blazing pyrotheum from destroyed reactors in other cites? I thought it shouldn't be that bad but there's no real pump in the mod...
On a side note I kinda wish everything didn't revolve around PneumaticCraft, since it's somewhat mediocre and (imo) boring plus it doesn't fit with theme of pack (best spacemen could do is an air pressure technology? eh?). Is there any other high end mods I could install which would fit in the modpack without screwing up everything?
Depends. What are you looking for?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
I would think it's behind PneuCraft because you unfortunately crashlanded on a barren planet with limited resource thus you are not able to access the more advanced forms aka convenient and more conventional methods of modernization. You're stuck with the old fashion stuff which tends to be tedious, primitive, and oh, so Bah, Humbug.:D