[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
unless too many different metal come in simultaniously, which may clog up the fluiducts
it'll clog up the fluiducts regardless, you're just moving the clog from the high oven to the deep tank.
If you keep smelting for long enough (i.e. in an automated setup), the high oven + deep tank combo will overflow just as easily as the high oven itself.
So rather than increasing your molten metal buffer, its a better idea to properly manage the output.

I found that a hardened portable tank for each casting basin, with one casting basin per metal works for me.
What this does is clears out the single current metal as fast as possible, allowing the next metal to start flowing faster. This means more than one casting basin is working at once, increasing the speed molten metal is removed from the system.
Ofcourse this doesn't work as you smelt more and more of a single metal type (or all metal types) - since eventually you reach a point where a the buffer isn't big enough and you keep pulling out the first metal type, meaning you are only using a single casting basin. Or, you hit a point where two/three casting basins can't keep up with the amount of metal of each type you're producing. Or, a single fluiduct input/output, or fluiduct set, can't keep up with the production of the high oven (can't pull the metal out faster than it's being produced, when not clogging).

Either way, the deep tank doesn't really do anything...

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
unless too many different metal come in simultaniously, which may clog up the fluiducts

So don't use fluiduct, use SFM and problem solved. It's faster and never clogs. Programming it is not anywhere near as hard as it looks.

I may be talkin outta my rear and missing something since I don't use my high oven, but with all the issues and problems surrounding TE ducts, SFM just sounds like the logical answer to me.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
Mainly because I feel that a gold chest full of stacks of metal blocks currently fills my need for metals.
Well, I mean, you're currently using 9 drums instead. Why not use barrels, and if you don't want any more after 64 stacks of blocks you could put a void upgrade on them. It should save you some time in the long run :) (no more replacing barrels)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Dang electronic internets ..... Blog is back after some technical issues, enjoy the read for those that are interested.

There seems to be something leaking memory, because i had a crash/hangup as well that cost me a couple of screenshots, while minecraft just kept on increasing in memory usages. I doubt how ever that its related to this specific modpack, and from what i can tell Pneumatic craft is slowly causing the memory to increase over time even beyond the treshhold set in the launcher or other java arguments. At-least i started to notice the increase after setting up 2 pressure chambers with a redstone triggered pressure system.

Dint have the same issue anymore so far, have to play rather long to get to that point i guess or maybe its related to the breaking of the chamber when you dont have automation yet ..... needs some more testing but im to lazy to do it atm.

#side-note: was also watching youtubes and doing other things on the side, but still that should not affect Java that much, i could have counted up to the cost though.

You know this sounds more like a backed up TE item duct than anything else check to see if you any backed up

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Set it up and forget about it pneumaticraft pressure:
gXxT4jR.jpg

PRC is set to Left/White < 10 = high signal on Right/White (note: we're looking at the back of the PRC)
Compressor is set to operate on high signal

Pressure regulator tube is only letting 4.5bars of pressure into the standard tube side which goes off to my assembly line and pressure chamber.

Keeps 15 bars on the advanced side, 4.5 bars on the standard side.

I assume there is an easy way to internally generate a 12 redstone signal in the PRC which would allow me to get rid of the redstone/lever but I haven't figured that out. I'm not sure I'd trust that to rednet, though, not sure what state it would be in the instant a chunk loads.

Bonus picture, world's least efficient mob grinder. Tempted to add some conveyor belts, just to be evil. Set them on fire then drop them all the way to bedrock.
VXyzsCJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieC

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
So don't use fluiduct, use SFM and problem solved. It's faster and never clogs. Programming it is not anywhere near as hard as it looks.

I may be talkin outta my rear and missing something since I don't use my high oven, but with all the issues and problems surrounding TE ducts, SFM just sounds like the logical answer to me.
iirc SFM can't see smeltery/high oven drains properly, so you'd have to have a drum or something to empty the high oven out into first.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
iirc SFM can't see smeltery/high oven drains properly, so you'd have to have a drum or something to empty the high oven out into first.

Ok, so i'm assuming fluiduct just can't keep up here so...2 drains spaced a block apart, fluiduct out to basin, casting table, etc. SFM item cable in-between them pulling molten metals to process or store elsewhere. Even ir u used 9 basins to process, you could loop from one end to the other and prevent multiple partially filled basins of the same metals.

Just thinking out loud here while trying to balance oven speed and prevent clog problems. Does this sound feasible? If so it may be a little more time consuming to set up, but cheaper than deep tank. :)

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Set it up and forget about it pneumaticraft pressure:
PRC is set to Left/White < 10 = high signal on Right/White (note: we're looking at the back of the PRC)
Compressor is set to operate on high signal

Pressure regulator tube is only letting 4.5bars of pressure into the standard tube side which goes off to my assembly line and pressure chamber.

Keeps 15 bars on the advanced side, 4.5 bars on the standard side.

I assume there is an easy way to internally generate a 12 redstone signal in the PRC which would allow me to get rid of the redstone/lever but I haven't figured that out. I'm not sure I'd trust that to rednet, though, not sure what state it would be in the instant a chunk loads.

Bonus picture, world's least efficient mob grinder. Tempted to add some conveyor belts, just to be evil. Set them on fire then drop them all the way to bedrock.
I did pretty much the same thing except used SFM instead of the Rednet computer and I set mine to stay at 19.5 bars on the advanced side and 4.5 bars on the standard side. Also, with SFM, you can easily set a constant redstone signal of 12 directly to the advanced pressure regulator with a redstone emitter to clean up that vanilla redstone. I never had any problems with it on chunk load or anything.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm curious what bug your talking about, I've never heard of anyone having trouble for many versions now. There was a major rework a few versions ago on the 1.6.4 that fixed a few issues like your talking about that's been at least 3 months ago.

If your really looking for something to warn people about warn them about the dangers of Thermal Expansion Item Ducts.

Well he's changed his website now so there's no changelog to verify this, but last I checked he did a re-write for the 1.7 version of EIO that was basically a complete overhaul of how he managed the machines. The old process he'd used since he started coding had a tendency to cause massive amounts of chunk updates which would cripple fps and tps. If there was a 1.6.4 version made with that re-write in mind then there should be no worries. I was out of MC for a few months so it's certainly possible.

I'm not looking to warn people about something. Don't take my warning as an attack or some such. I'm very open about warning people of the dangers of all the ducts/conduits(Not just item) because they all share a common issue. FYI it has nothing to do with TE for the most part it's the integration of FMP which allows the multi-heads in a single block that causes them to break and corrupt. Any other mod that uses FMP in that same manner will corrupt/break the same way.

Reactions: Bagman817

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I did pretty much the same thing except used SFM instead of the Rednet computer and I set mine to stay at 19.5 bars on the advanced side and 4.5 bars on the standard side. Also, with SFM, you can easily set a constant redstone signal of 12 directly to the advanced pressure regulator with a redstone emitter to clean up that vanilla redstone. I never had any problems with it on chunk load or anything.

I've decided to stop using SFM. Cheap automation that can do anything has a tendency of keeping me from using anything else. Same reason I avoid ComputerCraft.

If I keep using it it would just be a matter of time before my base devolved into one room filled with machines/barrels/chests/tanks with a floor made up of SFM cable.

Reactions: ScottieC

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so i'm assuming fluiduct just can't keep up here so...2 drains spaced a block apart, fluiduct out to basin, casting table, etc. SFM item cable in-between them pulling molten metals to process or store elsewhere. Even ir u used 9 basins to process, you could loop from one end to the other and prevent multiple partially filled basins of the same metals.

Just thinking out loud here while trying to balance oven speed and prevent clog problems. Does this sound feasible? If so it may be a little more time consuming to set up, but cheaper than deep tank. :)
Every time I try and think something up, the only way to prevent clog problems is to have 9 of something, ususally drums/tanks.

The goal would be to get SFM to handle the liquids, since it can move them fastest, and therefore make the casting basins run fastest, it can also always make sure to send a blocks worth of metal into the casting tables every time, meaning no clogs, and less casting basins needed.

So you could have 2 fluiducts pulling out of high oven drains, each into a separate drum, then use SFM to pull out of those drums and into sorted drums immediately - that should prevent fluiduct speed being an issue, and if it becomes an issue, you just add another drain & drum.

From there you could get SFM to pull only a blocks worth of any metal from any drum into one of a few casting basins. add casting basins as necessary to deal with load.

That's probably the fastest setup you can get, and it's expandable to be faster & faster. Also with the way it works, the buffer tanks (the 9 drums) would theoretically never hold more than a blocks worth of molten metal at a time, so you could use the basic portable tanks (an ingot is 144mB, right?), or OB tanks.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've decided to stop using SFM. Cheap automation that can do anything has a tendency of keeping me from using anything else. Same reason I avoid ComputerCraft.

If I keep using it it would just be a matter of time before my base devolved into one room filled with machines/barrels/chests/tanks with a floor made up of SFM cable.
what's wrong with that? You could use camoflauge cables and make them anything you wanted :) either way, black is a good color hehe

Seriously, I understand your concern. I myself don't see things that way. I don't avoid things that I find interesting and can do amazing things. I end up using said things because they are able to do things the way I want them to, versus the way the mod maker designates I do them.

As per the setups people are describing, I've done my homework in this regard.

SFM does not see anything tinker's via tanks (i.e. smeltery, high oven, deep tank) which really makes it impossible to use to move fluids out of those things. I always end up using a deep tank mostly as a buffer. By the time I finish making one, I tend to have a pretty decent backlog of dust to go into high oven, and I want to keep that running as fast as possible. Just one fluiduct coming out of high oven leading into deep tank drains it as quick as it can. A pretty large deep tank will hold millions of millibuckets of liquids, thus give you the buffer you need.

Yes, it's a bit buggy. sometimes when you get too full, right clicking the deep tank i/f will yield you a blank screen. clicking it again will yield you a ctd.

I tend to add around the sides, one filtered fluiduct going to a casting basin + casting table w/ingot cast with a cover in between. I do 3 irons and the rest are individual mostly. I add one individual casting table with faucet to make buckets of liquid for filters. I have SFM on the bottom removing the blocks/ingots into a chest. Even with a large large backlog (see post 20+ pages back), it is able to catch up. I don't have memory leaks because of it, etc.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
SFM does not see anything tinker's via tanks (i.e. smeltery, high oven, deep tank) which really makes it impossible to use to move fluids out of those things. I always end up using a deep tank mostly as a buffer. By the time I finish making one, I tend to have a pretty decent backlog of dust to go into high oven, and I want to keep that running as fast as possible. Just one fluiduct coming out of high oven leading into deep tank drains it as quick as it can. A pretty large deep tank will hold millions of millibuckets of liquids, thus give you the buffer you need.
Wait, what? I tested that myself. SFM sees Tinker's tanks (the drain is what makes the tank accessible, remember) and can even input into them as well as detect (liquid condition), but cannot pull from them for some reason. It also cannot detect items in casting basins or pull from them, even though it can put items in. The basin interactions are fixed in 1.7.10, but smeltery drain interactions are not.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Halp it says invalid structure

Not sure why. It worked when it was smaller (shorter). Is it too long or the glass doesnt work?
upload_2014-9-18_2-21-44.png

protomat

Jul 29, 2019
hey im runny a server and i am dead is their any way i can get back on with out restarting because their are other people playing on my server

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
hey im runny a server and i am dead is their any way i can get back on with out restarting because their are other people playing on my server

You have to unban yourself, and delete your player data on the server (can't remember exact location/name, but check players/NAMEOFPLAYER.dat and delete it). Once you do that you'll be able to connect like a new player.

firedingo

Jul 29, 2019
no idea if I should submit bug reports here or not but your latest version 1.1.2.1 appears to have no sound despite me checking all the levels on both my computer and in Minecraft. Not sure if it's a visual thing but the minimap appears to flash now also. Not sure what else you need me to submit but if you let me know I'm sure I can find it and provide it if needed.

EDIT: I didn't see this before but the console is mentioning the sound system so here's the console log:
http://pastebin.com/H3G5nUKh

Last edited: