[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

BallinMatt

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me where the smeltrey would be located such as in the back or on the left side? Because I've been having trouble and almost died a few times from it

Santraxx

Jul 29, 2019
2014-09-07_09.38.38.png 2014-09-07_09.38.46.png 2014-09-07_09.39.12.png I am having a problem with a few quests not giving options for submitting or selecting tasks, I have all of these items but no way to submit them, any solutions?

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
The smelterys are random in the cities so not able to pinpoint a location. Best bet is to circle around the city edge and try to find one that's close enough for you to get to.

yoshilover918

Jul 29, 2019
Can't get the pack to load...

Here is the console

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Sep 07, 2014 10:16:18 AM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Sep 07, 2014 10:16:18 AM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Don't know if it's a problem with the launcher or the pack

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me where the smeltrey would be located such as in the back or on the left side? Because I've been having trouble and almost died a few times from it
I suggest you get a hang glider, and either pillar up or capture a building on the border. The hang glider is real handy for quick scout trip. Make sure though that you plan for a place to land. Your first flight should be into the dust plain to judge distance.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a mid-way stable power source I could use? I have like 5 thermal expansion machines, and my survivalist generators can't keep up. I did add a furnace gen and made a smelting lumber axe to generate way more, but I don't want to chop down trees constantly for constant power

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a mid-way stable power source I could use? I have like 5 thermal expansion machines, and my survivalist generators can't keep up. I did add a furnace gen and made a smelting lumber axe to generate way more, but I don't want to chop down trees constantly for constant power
Somewhere along the quest line you should of received a quest for a dynamo and grinder. The amount of mob essence a grinder puts out should be enough to power 4-5 of them. I'm pretty sure it tells you that in the quest as well. I'd go with them as an interim for now. You can upgrade to something a bit further down the track. If the MFR bioreactor hasn't been changed a lot in the last year then that provides huge amounts of power.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere along the quest line you should of received a quest for a dynamo and grinder. The amount of mob essence a grinder puts out should be enough to power 4-5 of them. I'm pretty sure it tells you that in the quest as well. I'd go with them as an interim for now. You can upgrade to something a bit further down the track. If the MFR bioreactor hasn't been changed a lot in the last year then that provides huge amounts of power.
My reactant dynamo says it's producing 4 rf/tick in the GUI. It's full of gunpowder and mob essence.

Wumpsi

Jul 29, 2019
I using reactant dynamos with mob essence and gunpowder. With one Grinder and a 5x5 mobtrap you get all you need.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
My reactant dynamo says it's producing 4 rf/tick in the GUI. It's full of gunpowder and mob essence.
Yep, but it has a scaling output "Generation rate varies according to energy demand". So if you attach more power drain to it, it will output more power up until 80RF/T.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by more power drains? More pipes?
More pipes, and more machines that use energy. The more you have the more it will output until it hits it's max of 80rf/t. Keep in mind this is under full load though. Once the internal buffers on the machines fill up, the dynamo should scale back again. E.g: If your grinder fills up because it is only grinding during the night.

Note: I could be wrong it's been a while since I played MC.

Last edited:

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
Could try for reactor. About day 70 for me and I have a 5x5x3 (with redstone as coolant) that makes about 350rf. Nothing special but works for now until I need to increase it.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
More pipes, and more machines that use energy. The more you have the more it will output until it hits it's max of 80rf/t. Keep in mind this is under full load though. Once the internal buffers on the machines fill up, the dynamo should scale back again. E.g: If your grinder fills up because it is only grinding during the day.

Note: I could be wrong it's been a while since I played MC.
I'll try that. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1410101420][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could try for reactor. About day 70 for me and I have a 5x5x3 (with redstone as coolant) that makes about 350rf. Nothing special but works for now until I need to increase it.
I don't think I have enough machines for the reactor to even do anything. It would probably end up wasting energy and wasting yellorium. I'll totally make the reactor later on to power a laser drill or something

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
I was lucky and found two redstone energy cells. I run the reactor just long enough to fill them up...saving up the yellowium until I set up some controller to auto start/stop the reactor when needed.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Before I go to a reactor what good power source can I use for run all my machines (planter, harvester, 2 pulverizer, packager, 3 fluid, magma crucible, cycling assembler y Redstone furnance)

Maddcow

Jul 29, 2019
Try a couple reactant dynamos paired with survivalist generators. Won't be able to run everything full time but as long as you have batteries set up to collect power when your not using it, you should be good.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Before I go to a reactor what good power source can I use for run all my machines (planter, harvester, 2 pulverizer, packager, 3 fluid, magma crucible, cycling assembler y Redstone furnance)
I like to separate my power sources instead of trying to run everything I have on one power system.
Tree farm (planter, harvester) - I used furnace generators because it's easy to setup a way to auto-smelt wood from the farm into charcoal using vanilla furnaces.
Packagers - Each one can run on it's own survivalist generator.
TE3 machines - Redstone Headed Generators. You can get 320 RF/t for 250 seconds per 100mB of liquid destabilized redstone.
Kinetic Compressor for compression chamber - Solar Generators, although I used SFM to make a program so that the solar generators would automatically switch from generating mode and discharging mode on their own depending on their internal buffer of power. I found out using daylight detectors is a very inefficient way of controlling solar generators.
Mob Farm (grinder, autospawner) - I used 5 reactant dynamos running on mob essence and gun powder.

Then later on once I got my big reactor setup (which does 11k RF/t) I could run everything off of that. Then made a big turbine and upgraded my reactor to 23k RF/t to run the mfr laser drill.

Reactions: ScottieC