[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Playing without a wall really punishes you when you watch tv while you play ;-;

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Kinetic Compressor for compression chamber - Solar Generators, although I used SFM to make a program so that the solar generators would automatically switch from generating mode and discharging mode on their own depending on their internal buffer of power. I found out using daylight detectors is a very inefficient way of controlling solar generators.

Huh, Could you elaborate on how you got SFM to read the power buffer?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, Could you elaborate on how you got SFM to read the power buffer?

The best way I can think of is having them output into energy cells and have those cells output to comparators and SFM read the redstone signal to turn off the generators when the cells are full and on when they're not. You could have another conditional for checking to see if it's day via daylight sensor. This could all be done be done without SFM as well but not nearly as pretty.[DOUBLEPOST=1410108631][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah... Learn it the hard way... With a flash zombie kid that out run me in the day

Haha ikr? I'm doing it for a bit of added challenge. No wall, no trench. Lots of sleeping. Not paying attention has cost me at least a dozen worlds so far xD

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
The best way I can think of is having them output into energy cells and have those cells output to comparators and SFM read the redstone signal to turn off the generators when the cells are full and on when they're not.

Sounds like Shin Sekai has a different setup, actually reading the internal buffers themselves, and avoided the daylight sensor.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You can use comparators to detect how much power is stored inside it's buffer the solar generators themselves. I wrote the program to simply say, if full, switch to discharge mode, if empty, switch to charging mode. Then I setup another comparator on an energy cell and made an overwrite switch to say if cell is full, then switch solar gens back to charging mode regardless of their internal buffer until they are full, then back to discharging mode.

Its more efficient this way cause with daylight detectors, the solar gens stay in charging mode for 17~ hours during the early morning, day, and dusk times and switch to discharging mode for only 7~ hours at night. Also, the solar gens only discharge at top speed during the day, not at night.

Last edited:

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just found a green heart canister in a chest while i was exploring the city

Edit: aren't they just creative... Was intended or a bug?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
That's added by chunkloader mods. There are no chunkloader mods in this pack.

Ahh...thought it was a 'vanilla' thing. Good to know.

Edit: I may add it in, and so should Iskandar or something similar. As running itemducts across chunk boundaries isn't such a good idea, especially with no chunkloaders active.

Last edited:

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
is there any armor at all be used that will cool the player? or to be precise how does the armor and hydration system work? thanks for all the help :)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
is there any armor at all be used that will cool the player? or to be precise how does the armor and hydration system work? thanks for all the help :)

Diamond armor will cool you during the day and warm you up at night and I believe is the best armor for Enviromine.

Wood and leather have low heat increases both day and night. Metal armor has high heat during day and high cooling during night.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hey I just found a green heart canister in a chest while i was exploring the city

Edit: aren't they just creative... Was intended or a bug?

It's intended. You can't craft them but they were added as chest loot. You can find all three types of canisters in the city this way but you can also craft yellow and red.

Edit: I may add it in, and so should Iskandar or something similar. As running itemducts across chunk boundaries isn't such a good idea, especially with no chunkloaders active.

It was answered a few times that the default key for the chunk overlay was changed to F6. Additionally nothing really needs to be added considering there is already a chunk loader in the pack. You using the chunk overlay you can use chests/tanks/energy cells to cross chunk boundaries. Tesseracts are also a good option.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

... It is a "vanilla" thing. It's just F6, dude.