[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Another thought, what if brutal mobs had a small chance of "arming" themselves off of other mobs.

The example that comes to mind is a gaggle of mobs grouped outside your wall, when you come out of your hidey hole. Once the brutal zombie AI is agroed and shows good path to the player an unarmed B.Z. has a chance of grabbing a convinient limb from a lesser mob with which to pummel the player.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Another thought, what if brutal mobs had a small chance of "arming" themselves off of other mobs.

The example that comes to mind is a gaggle of mobs grouped outside your wall, when you come out of your hidey hole. Once the brutal zombie AI is agroed and shows good path to the player an unarmed B.Z. has a chance of grabbing a convinient limb from a lesser mob with which to pummel the player.
:eek: This is beginning to sound more like a BnB thread

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: This is beginning to sound more like a BnB thread
Well in my own defence, the brutal zombies arming themselves would likley reduce the overall effectiveness of the group. I for one would not give a severed limb a very high attack bonus.... and for obvious reasons the mob that lost it's limb would be considerably weakened. That of course is without discussing what happens if they grab a creeper "leg".

RuneSphinx

Jul 29, 2019
Well in my own defence, the brutal zombies arming themselves would likley reduce the overall effectiveness of the group. I for one would not give a severed limb a very high attack bonus.... and for obvious reasons the mob that lost it's limb would be considerably weakened. That of course is without discussing what happens if they grab a creeper "leg".
and then tell you to turn around and... well you get what I mean

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
highly irritated: a million googled pages tell me to make soul sand with mycelium, but not how to make the mycelium. I forget my agrarian-skies-foo sadly.
the wonderful world of sand sieving. about the only reason to sand sieve also.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if you are not seeing it in the packs then most likely it is a launcher issue. Make sure you are signed in and not in offline mode. :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
and then tell you to turn around and... well you get what I mean
I'm tellin ya. The day this happened was the pinnacle of my ear to ear grinning over mob AI. That is just scary as all hell when you are comfortably sitting up there in your sky base and you see that. All the stuff you guys are talking about? yeah, it ups the ante but those guys were the most brutal even if you ended up figuring out how to get by them and setup base defenses, etc.. Even the AI here is mostly just throw a bazillion things at you. That? That was cunning (even in a brute force way) and they turned the land all around your base to swiss cheese as a byproduct with divots and holes everywhere to fall into. I fell into one hole while being chased by 3 creepers and couldn't get out of hole before creepers blew one-by-one utterly killing me.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't find crash landing in 3rd party packs with or without using the code boom. Any ideas?
Believe that's being referred to the 3rd party pack people by Iskandar a few pages back (187). Is your launcher like the one back there?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
So what's everyone's favorite mid-game harvestcraft foods before you get to large meals/feasts?

Mine are:
Stuffed Eggplant (Bakeware + 1 Eggplant + 1 Garlic for 3 haunches) very easy.
Meaty Stew (Pot + Mixing Bowl + AnyMeat/Firm Tofu + Stock + Flour for 3 haunches)
Garlic Chicken (Bakeware + 1 RawChicken/Firm Tofu + 3 Garlic + Cooking Oil for 3½ haunches) bit expensive on garlic, but whatever.

None of these require water or salt or smelting, so that's a big plus on my part.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
So what's everyone's favorite mid-game harvestcraft foods before you get to large meals/feasts?

Mine are:
Meaty Stew (Pot + Mixing Bowl + AnyMeat/Firm Tofu + Stock + Flour for 3 haunches)
Garlic Chicken (Bakeware + 1 RawChicken/Firm Tofu + 3 Garlic + Cooking Oil for 3½ haunches) bit expensive on garlic, but whatever.

None of these require water or salt or smelting, so that's a big plus on my part.
I only eat peanut butter sandwiches - because I like the free glass bottles.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019

Mine are:

Mid game? psh... My priorities in a new world are:
1: shelter
2:water
3: bacon cheese burgers (rice and soy)
they restore 4.5 haunches so I don't need anything else

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\thirdparty.xml (Access is denied)

Try running the launcher in administrator mode. Or under file properties for the launcher, make sure the security options allow for read access for your user name. Another thing to try is removing the older versions of Java. Looks like you have update 60 and 55 installed.

Last edited:

Mike8005

Jul 29, 2019
Uninstalled both and got update 67, ran in administrator mode, still no luck :/[DOUBLEPOST=1408577734][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright thank for the help! problem was the local folder for ftblauncher was hidden for some reason.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

Mine are:

I tend to play with the opposite idea, like in reality I try to maintain as much variety as possible. I make an effort not to use the same foods on a regular basis, though I really don't track that horribly closely.