[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
And cheese?
You get the milk for it from the soybeans. Salt either from sifting dust or from using Fresh Water.
Edit: Nevermind, Twisto was faster. :)

Soy is a bit OP, as far as game mechanics go. :)
Don't tell anybody or it will be removed in the next update. ;)

But that's why I still don't understand, why for example melons are such an issue for Iskander. There are so many better food sources available early on and everything can be bonemealed with no effort. So why not make the melon seeds a 1% drop from sifting dirt? By the time you get it, you will probably live already from feasts.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
still looking for help cant seem to get the crash landing pack to appear in my 3rd part packs tab even after iv typed in boom console says its loading boom.xml but nothing happens i'm on the latest launcher and have tried to re-download the launcher and checked that its installing into the correct folder

any help would be very much appreciated
that is the problem. You should be entering the pack code it is automatic download now. Did you look under the launcher bug s?[DOUBLEPOST=1408547945][/DOUBLEPOST]
there we go
if you used the pack code it will be the last mod pack on the list.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
that is the problem. You should be entering the pack code it is automatic download now. Did you look under the launcher bug s?[DOUBLEPOST=1408547945][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you used the pack code it will be the last mod pack on the list.
Stupid question. Did you change your password to minecraft and not edit you FTB launcher password. if so it would stay offline mode?

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
You get the milk for it from the soybeans. Salt either from sifting dust or from using Fresh Water.
Edit: Nevermind, Twisto was faster. :)

Don't tell anybody or it will be removed in the next update. ;)

But that's why I still don't understand, why for example melons are such an issue for Iskander. There are so many better food sources available early on and everything can be bonemealed with no effort. So why not make the melon seeds a 1% drop from sifting dirt? By the time you get it, you will probably live already from feasts.

I'm thinking its the growth rates, pumpkin and especially melons in an old school vertical farm (which could be built pretty early) would make a really easy, high yield, low maintenance dirt farm.

Reactions: Methusalem

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking its the growth rates, pumpkin and especially melons in an old school vertical farm (which could be built pretty early) would make a really easy, high yield, low maintenance dirt farm.
Fair enough, I didn't think about composting the melons. I haven't seen anybody in AgSkies go this route (and you had to make a gazillion dirt blocks there for a quest), but still a valid point.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough, I didn't think about composting the melons. I haven't seen anybody in AgSkies go this route (and you had to make a gazillion dirt blocks there for a quest), but still a valid point.

Oh yeah melons were my favorite dirt producer in AG, even had the farm on a 5 min auto harvest timer so it was zero maintenance. :D

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
For squid and lightning seeds, I just worked on getting 3+ stacks of each in one go. That's 64 circuit boards worth, enough to make pretty much all the things (short of AE). For squid seeds, I laid out a line of water source blocks 16 blocks worth and just planted them as I side strafed and then bone meal-ed them all. Also put some walls around one side of the water so that the squid seeds don't bounce out the other side while planting. Do this a few times and you get several stacks in about 5-10 minutes. Lightning seeds are easier cause you can just make a big plot of dirt/grass and mass produce them in a short amount of time.

As far as SoL, I prefer Supreme Pizzas since you don't have to smelt any ingredients. I tend to stay away from foods that require smelting or use of water in the early game, and then in the later game, stay way from smelting food recipes. For supreme pizzas, you can setup a cyclic assembler to mass produce fresh water and a rancher to mass produce fresh milk from cows. Then it's just spam bonemeal on tomatoes, rice, bellpeppers, onions, spice leaf, and soybeans. Then later on once you have an auto-spawner and a safari net with a pig, you can mass produce porkchops and stop using soybeans/tofu.

In normal map packs, I just go with Delighted Meals since water and auto-smelting/auto-crafting are not hard to setup.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find a reactor controller, am I looking for a particular building type in the ruins? I've hit just about every tinkers/pneumaticraft building in the city i'm searching and have tried to clear at least one of every other building type but haven't found a controller. Maybe I need to make the upgrades for the pneumatic helmet and see if it can find one for me.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find a reactor controller, am I looking for a particular building type in the ruins? I've hit just about every tinkers/pneumaticraft building in the city i'm searching and have tried to clear at least one of every other building type but haven't found a controller. Maybe I need to make the upgrades for the pneumatic helmet and see if it can find one for me.
the reactor building doesn't spawn in every city, and it's very obvious when you find it. It stands out as a completely different looking building. If your city doesn't have one, look for another city.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here. There are three cities in an 800m radius around the base, but none of them has a reactor building. They do have plenty of TiCon and PCraft buildings though, I got loads of seared bricks and compressed iron from there.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Oh yeah melons were my favorite dirt producer in AG, even had the farm on a 5 min auto harvest timer so it was zero maintenance. :D
Mine was the harvester. You could up grade it to cover abig area and then have your planter plant that area with Jungle saplings. This would make big jungle trees. Then i hooked up the chest to an aa next to a barrel next to the Vacuum hopper you already using for sieving and feed it into a chest and into a barrel from the chest. the good thing about this method is you could do it earlier when the pack first came out and you can make dirt out of leaves and vines. Jungle trees IMO is the best dirt making plant period. You can also get 4 outputs from it. cause you could feed to a barrel and then have the extra feed to a furnace to make auto charcoal. Also feed the harvest to a sludge boiler for any blocks to be generated. Good way to get soulsand,netherack, clay, and salt without doing anything at all really.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here. There are three cities in an 800m radius around the base, but none of them has a reactor building. They do have plenty of TiCon and PCraft buildings though, I got loads of seared bricks and compressed iron from there.

Yeah, I just surveyed a 2nd city. It had two structures I haven't seen before, a library with catacombs and some giant pile of netherbricks. Think I might take the time to make the top tier jetpack before I do any more searching, too much work on foot.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
how can you reset youre death in youre server after death? becasue downloading the files all over agian no fun
he has it set now to where you can just start a new world and the game mod will convert it into the map for you.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah, I just surveyed a 2nd city. It had two structures I haven't seen before, a library with catacombs and some giant pile of netherbricks. Think I might take the time to make the top tier jetpack before I do any more searching, too much work on foot.
could them have been removed when he took out the walls?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
how can you reset youre death in youre server after death? becasue downloading the files all over agian no fun

This request is for reset on server, so you will need to delete the line from the banned players file, and restart the server for it to pick up that change. Having not played this on a server I am not sure if anything else is need since this is using Minecraft hardcore mode and not the HQM mod for "extra lives."

RuneSphinx

Jul 29, 2019
all I know is if Direwolf doesn't die... @Iskandar is going to make this pack more evil... Direwolf please die before you cause @Iskandar to join the ranks of evilness seen through packs such as blood and bones... Please I don't need to find mobs such as pyrthemum-vampire-pigman-creeper-ghast-silverish-infused mirage mini-enderman.... I think i am going to have nightmares now... NOWHERE WILL BE SAFE!!!!