[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I tend to play with the opposite idea, like in reality I try to maintain as much variety as possible. I make an effort not to use the same foods on a regular basis, though I really don't track that horribly closely.
When SOL was first introduced, I went on a manic drive to be top chef of the wasteland. I had a huge array of shelves with prepared foods based on when I ate them last, top to bottom was level of food. I spent days in game just cooking up stuff and tending my 6 9x9 gardens. Once that SOL update that eased up the feast requirements was done, I just head towards hearty breakfast now and then mass produce them. that's it. I gobble down breakfast morning noon night. steve is getting paunchy now. and high blood pressure.

Now that would be an interesting addition to enviromine.

Steve was killed by HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and STROKED OUT.

To get healthier, you need to push the grinder for an hour each day. Or run from pig zombies. Maybe make a trainer pig zombie that pushes you and doesn't hurt you but constantly pushes you and chases you around till your blood pressure goes back to normal. Ok. I'm erasing all of this. do not want them to get ideas.....

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Have it added as a sweat mechanic, in short a certain amount of activity will make you sweat regardless of hydration level and you must work yourself into a lather for a specific period of time each MC week. Those who don't get negative effects such as slowness while those who do so in excessive amounts receive boosts such as speed..... course you'd have have a mechanic that discouraged camping next to a lava pool.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Have it added as a sweat mechanic, in short a certain amount of activity will make you sweat regardless of hydration level and you must work yourself into a lather for a specific period of time each MC week. Those who don't get negative effects such as slowness while those who do so in excessive amounts receive boosts such as speed..... course you'd have have a mechanic that discouraged camping next to a lava pool.
instead of saying brains, the zombies can tease you if you're paunchy.

TWEEEENKEEEESSS

DOOOOONUTTTTSSSSSS

DOOOORRRREEEEEETOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Uninstalled both and got update 67, ran in administrator mode, still no luck :/[DOUBLEPOST=1408577734][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright thank for the help! problem was the local folder for ftblauncher was hidden for some reason.
Don't run the launcher from the Download folder, it breaks things, yeah.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
If you want more realism play TFC other wise stop give them ideas...rofl
I didn't even know of this thing. At first I thought you said KFC and I was with you..... Then I thought you were talking about team fortress classic, which I used to play way too much. Ya learn something new every day. I just learned in another pack not to ingest T2-Mycotoxin. yup. good times.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't even know of this thing. At first I thought you said KFC and I was with you..... Then I thought you were talking about team fortress classic, which I used to play way too much. Ya learn something new every day. I just learned in another pack not to ingest T2-Mycotoxin. yup. good times.
Yeah terra firma craft is an interesting looking mc varient with many mechanics based around extreme survival.

FraniXMC

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen an updated the Magical Crops for version 1.7.10
I think someone has already mentioned this issue, but will there be any way to include this mod in the modpack?
I think it's a bit complicated to include it at this point, and that should create new quests or something.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've seen an updated the Magical Crops for version 1.7.10
I think someone has already mentioned this issue, but will there be any way to include this mod in the modpack?
I think it's a bit complicated to include it at this point, and that should create new quests or something.
I think iskandar wants to keep this pack muggles only. no magic.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
he'll do a 2nd pack with magic only so we can died a 100 times all over again. rofl good times. rofl

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
TFC is terra firma craft. It takes all the rules you know about the game Minecraft and throws them in the trash and then rewrites the book. It is fun but get annoying after like a few weeks in game. I always get tired of making charcoal. I alway laugh when people get mad in this pack for have to keep and wear a Camel pack when i think of how many hours i have spent stand in water hope a mob doesn't creep up on me cause i could move a water source until the end game. And i do mean end game...like weeks of work IRL to move a water source block.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
he'll do a 2nd pack with magic only so we can died a 100 times all over again. rofl good times. rofl
An Alice fell down the rabbit hole type thing could be fun, though I for one have always felt that magic mods didn't fit much with extreme survival...

That said a dark sun like theme could be interesting.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
An Alice fell down the rabbit whole type thing could be fun, though I for one have always felt that magic mods didn't fit much with extreme survival...

That said a dark sun like theme could be interesting.
i kind of figured it would be like you were from an all tech planet and then crash here and the planet infuses you with magical energy. Now with no tech readily available you have to turn to magic to survive. Or something like that...rofl nOT THAT I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT ...ROFL

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of hunger overhaul and SoL, I was really hoping they would make it so once you ate a food 5 times that has bread as an ingredient, all foods that use bread are also effected by the diminishing returns. That way you can't just alternate between grape jelly sandwiches and strawberry jelly sandwiches. All sandwiches and burgers and donuts and anything with dough/bread in it would be diminished.

I also would like to see food spoil over time, which is one of the config options in hunger overhaul, but it's not implemented yet. This would prevent you from just making stacks and stacks of food in one shot and putting it all away in a chest to last you hundreds of hours real time. Looking forward to how hunger overhaul and SoL change in the future versions of minecraft.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a good sky texture for a resource pack? I like using vanilla textures, but wouldn't mind seeing a nice high res sky texture for the sun/moon/stars. Would be cool to see tons of stars at night, give you that feeling of being on another planet.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Wow all of this talk of features that are already in TFC. Food spoilage, check. Food variety, check. Mining physics, check. Environmental effects, check. Thirst, check.

Not really implemented fully in any mods, but they have something which allows you to store stacks of food for hundreds of hours in real life without any spoilage. It's called a freezer. Let's just pretend that any tech mods happen to add freezing capability into chests for food until someone happens to successfully implement food spoilage and preservation into Minecraft that works with all food mods and does not require a total rewrite of Minecraft.