[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Also would you consider my idea of adding random bits of ore dust or "deposits" of 2-3 ore dust randomly scattered around the world? I'm sure that something could be worked out either with cofh or the ruins mod.
This is a great idea that i told Iskandar about (still havent heard from him yet)because we had planed on putting buried treasure in the dunes but i think this would be a better option

Reactions: pc_assassin

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey this is a quick video of a med game tool you can make. In the video i use a iron shovel but it can be done with any TiCo shovel. It require loads of lapis and the ability to get 4 blaze rods so you will not be able to get this tool at the start unless you cheat or are very good. (Note: You can place a water source in a room with a blaze spawner or a room built to spawn blazes use the doll. The water should damage them.) I am posting this now so Iskandar can view it and see if maybe he needs to make changes. This would allow you to skip tiers of machines and i think for this mod pack anyway is kind of cheaty But i'll let Iskandar decide on that. I'll remove the link to the video if he ask me to. Have fun.

Holy monkey :)

What mechanic is producing iron from smelting dust?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Holy monkey :)

What mechanic is producing iron from smelting dust?
their is a TiCo mod you can add on that auto smelts. You can combine that with the luck mod and over double your ore. I assume it would work on grout as well if Iskander decides to let it back in next patch.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
their is a TiCo mod you can add on that auto smelts. You can combine that with the luck mod and over double your ore. I assume it would work on grout as well if Iskander decides to let it back in next patch.

Personally I say no grout but re-enable the cobble to seared stone recipe
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Um...
My question was stupid. Watching the vid from work with low/no volume, I thought you were smelting dust, not iron ore dust.

I've revisited and waila clearly shows iron ore dust. That's a bit less alarming than turning the entire planet into iron ingots :)

That's no exploit, that's 100% legitimate in-game mechanics/interactions. Nice job leveraging it to your advantage.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Um...
My question was stupid. Watching the vid from work with low/no volume, I thought you were smelting dust, not iron ore dust.

I've revisited and waila clearly shows iron ore dust. That's a bit less alarming than turning the entire planet into iron ingots :)

That's no exploit, that's 100% legitimate in-game mechanics/interactions. Nice job leveraging it to your advantage.
yes you would still need to sieve the ore dust out first in order to smelt it. I thought that was self explained sorry. It also makes cooked mushrooms. rofl

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
you can get a full 3 times ore processing fairly early game with the hi oven and just a few resources so i dont see this as too much of an exploit
And in both cases, basic resource gathering is really a non-issue (By the time you have ore doubling, never mind tripling, your precise quantity of iron is basically irrelevant)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yes you would still need to sieve the ore dust out first in order to smelt it. I thought that was self explained sorry. It also makes cooked mushrooms. rofl
It was self-explanatory, that's the embarrassing part. Again, I blame lack of volume and poor focus from work ;)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
And in both cases, basic resource gathering is really a non-issue (By the time you have ore doubling, never mind tripling, your precise quantity of iron is basically irrelevant)
it works on any ore dust not just iron i just used iron for the video.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
it works on any ore dust not just iron i just used iron for the video.
No I get that, but the dusts all cover basic resources. Even if there was "emerald dust" for you to work with, I wouldn't be that concerned. So lead/silver/iron/etc, who cares. You have barrels full of it by this point anyway.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i could see this set up. aa with shovel>some kind of block placing item>vacuum Hopper. hehe[DOUBLEPOST=1408383672][/DOUBLEPOST]
But you're not counting the time to get the iron dusts, plus the crystal would have been removed if it was considered an exploit.
you should have, by med game, auto sieving in place. It would require no extra work other then find 4 blaze rods. everything else you would be farming anyway. And i said i don't count it as an exploit just a little cheaty for this mod pack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
plus the crystal would have been removed if it was considered an exploit.
Well you shouldn't assume the team are godly omnipotent beings; they learn about exploits through testing and reports :)

@Magzie, just for my clarification, did you start with 1 stack of iron dust (2.5x multiplication)? (I'm sure you mention this in the vid)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Well you shouldn't assume the team are godly omnipotent beings; they learn about exploits through testing and reports :)

@Magzie, just for my clarification, did you start with 1 stack of iron dust (2.5x multiplication)? (I'm sure you mention this in the vid)
yes 1 stack. 64 iron ore dust

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yes 1 stack. 64 iron ore dust
Zero exploit, non issue.

The fact that its super fast, is balanced by the fact that its not even the "best" ore duplication method (high oven) and is manual, and frankly happens little or no earlier than high oven can anyway.

Its just "cool" :)

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
No I get that, but the dusts all cover basic resources. Even if there was "emerald dust" for you to work with, I wouldn't be that concerned. So lead/silver/iron/etc, who cares. You have barrels full of it by this point anyway.

/agree. It is a fun toy and probably still usable to quickly get a stack of bricks or glass. But to be really useful for getting ingots, you need 50 blocks of Lapis. And by the time you got that from sifting gravel, you have probably already looted a couple TiCon buildings in the city and are able to build a High Oven instead.
The lava crystal for the shovel is the smaller problem. There are enough blaze spawners in the city to get the necessary rods early on.

By the way, the soul sand production is an excellent place to use SFM. Maybe I'll slap something together tonight and post a few screenshots.

Reactions: Pyure

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
You can still make seared stone with cobblestone, you either need to pour it onto cobble in a basin and smelt that down, or make a high oven and cook cobble in it. The High Oven also triples metal output, compared to the smelting shovels 2.5 aprox.