[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just go for diamond armor? I barely notice the heat any more since dressing in bling:p

Well, yeah, I mean, Diamond is a lot better...it's also a LOT more resource intensive to make. I recommend the Toughened Leather armor for the first trip or two, than, when you have things better settled back home, Diamond is obviously the way to go.

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
been thinking of doing a texture pack for crash landing as atm i've been using the mineout texture pack and gone and done some small edits too it. Figured if i'm gonna edit some things might as well do some more as atm some chisel blocks I don't really like/ the purpley whitish blocks that are in the city rub me the wrong way (I want to make it look more sun bleached), that and the PC textures. I want to stick to a 16*16 limit as if any other mods or base mods are added just means they will look off with the different resolutions/ more work to make textures for.

Anyway did a quick dirty mock up of what I kinda want the quest book to look like http://i.imgur.com/fpx2qtP.jpg (sorta like a computer book tablet old 80s monitor thing). Also yes it is a hybrid clippy. Figured i'd show it off and see if there would be any interest in fallouty styled pack, kinda want too use a different resource pack then the standard Sphax.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Just went through the recipes and they look good the only thing i would change would be the staff of traveling although it requires a octadic capacitor it still verges on OP travel maybe adding a PRC LX 500 to the recipe would better balance things to this mod pack considering the top jet pack requires 2 PRC LX 500

Edit: same with the Dimensional Transceiver due to same thing with the tessaract

OK I've added a PRC300 to the transceiver recipe and two PRC300 to the crystal that you need to make the staff of travel. I considered making the anchor recipe harder, but since it's pretty similar to the OB elevator and that recipe is not hard, I decided against making the anchor harder.

I've updated the file on Google.

Enjoy!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Changes tentatively set for 1.1.3: mob griefing off, removal of "brute mobs" (except pigmen) and vampires, burying the cities into the dust (no more looting buildings from the outside, sorry), lone buildings, loot adjustments to cities, potential texture changes, potential reduction of salvage from cities (most of the stuff you bring back will be broken and require some sort of repair to be useful), possibly bringing back grout in limited quantities. Bug fixes. I will also be rebuilding the map. Again. For those already playing, it won't require a restart.

It feels good to get back to work.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a mod specifically for Crash Landing, which replaces most of the loot items and machines with 'damaged' versions that require you to 'replace parts' to repair and use?

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm back. I can't put the pack down lol. Despite yet another baby zombie spawning right next to me inside my compound (but on the other side of a fence gate this time) and Corosus' weather just not working at all with the new biome, I'm preparing my early-game tech for raiding the city. If I can just get some candleberry...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Changes tentatively set for 1.1.3: mob griefing off, removal of "brute mobs" (except pigmen) and vampires, burying the cities into the dust (no more looting buildings from the outside, sorry), lone buildings, loot adjustments to cities, potential texture changes, potential reduction of salvage from cities (most of the stuff you bring back will be broken and require some sort of repair to be useful), possibly bringing back grout in limited quantities. Bug fixes. I will also be rebuilding the map. Again. For those already playing, it won't require a restart.

Could you just add grout to loot chest? I think that would be more fun and people wouldn't be able to run straight for the build that has the smelter in it and go. They would have to eXplore. Also Grout as repeatable quest reward would work also i think if you can do that.

Wazepas1

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a bug with clay buckets and/or blazing pyrotheum. When you pick up pyrotheum with a clay bucket it turns into a clay bucket with lava

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

Really enjoying 1.1.2 so far.

You mentioned that you want to add Glistering Melon as drop. Is that available already or planned for 1.1.3? Would be great to be able to craft Healing Potions.

OK I've added a PRC300 to the transceiver recipe and two PRC300 to the crystal that you need to make the staff of travel. I considered making the anchor recipe harder, but since it's pretty similar to the OB elevator and that recipe is not hard, I decided against making the anchor harder.

I've updated the file on Google.
Enjoy!

Awesome! Good to have EnderIO back, setting up MFR mob farms with the normal TE ducts just feels wrong. :)

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Day 50 something...passive base defense done.

75x75 usable plot at height of 64. Wall 1 high with fence above it and topped with half slabs. 2x2 trench all around, opposite bank dug down to 64 as well 5 blocks back to avoid height advantages for potential invaders. Well lit and pretty secure for the time being.

Been throwing stones in one of my crucibles to make seared stone for servos, but then decided to save up and make a smeltery without heading to the city. Made that decision around day 15 or so and finally got the thing built. It's small but it works and nice to have the ability to use this option even if the city trip would have been faster and more economical.

Tossed in some iron and made a few blocks, then went on to start making. A few invar blocks when things went bad in a hurry, GHAST!!!! Evasive maneuvers failed miserably and now we restart.

Yeah, taking the hard path and really paying the price for getting overconfident again makes me want to grab Iskander and introduce his face to a brick wall but in a good and friendly way. :)

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

Any chance you will re-enable the cobblestone to seared stone recipes? It's kinda balanced anyway cause you needed to smelt 18 cobble to get 1 brick. Also would you consider my idea of adding random bits of ore dust or "deposits" of 2-3 ore dust randomly scattered around the world? I'm sure that something could be worked out either with cofh or the ruins mod.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Shane2482

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Day 50 something...passive base defense done.

75x75 usable plot at height of 64. Wall 1 high with fence above it and topped with half slabs. 2x2 trench all around, opposite bank dug down to 64 as well 5 blocks back to avoid height advantages for potential invaders. Well lit and pretty secure for the time being.

Been throwing stones in one of my crucibles to make seared stone for servos, but then decided to save up and make a smeltery without heading to the city. Made that decision around day 15 or so and finally got the thing built. It's small but it works and nice to have the ability to use this option even if the city trip would have been faster and more economical.

Tossed in some iron and made a few blocks, then went on to start making. A few invar blocks when things went bad in a hurry, GHAST!!!! Evasive maneuvers failed miserably and now we restart.

Yeah, taking the hard path and really paying the price for getting overconfident again makes me want to grab Iskander and introduce his face to a brick wall but in a good and friendly way. :)

Dang! Too bad man.

Fences on top of walls stop spiders I presume?

What are people doing to bridge the moat when existing the city? I currently jump through an open doorway, which sucks because I frequently miss and plummet into a waiting hoard of mobs.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Fences create a small forward movement space that you can ledge walk on, spiders move into it, the half slab then requires them to move back to get up which they can't do so they get trapped underneath them. I put my half slabs in the upper position and light them. Keeps giant. Spiders out, but II do get the occasional small spider

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Theres a bug with clay buckets and/or blazing pyrotheum. When you pick up pyrotheum with a clay bucket it turns into a clay bucket with lava
yes this is a known bugs but i believe it has to do with mod interactions not this mod pack

Reactions: pc_assassin

Voltair

Jul 29, 2019
I use trap doors to bridge the gap, just make sure that you don't leave them up for mobs to bridge over.

I met the zombie Giant of immense health today. 499 health, it took sometime to bash him out of that with my pan! I had to make two trips to grab more food and water in between hitting him from the roof! What's worse, he only dropped one piece of zombie flesh :( :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pyure

pickster

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all! I'm having a blast with this pack. Thanks, Iskandar for the great job.
I'm kinda stuck. I've been exploring a bit. I've found three cities and got tons of loot. I can't seem to find a reactor in any of the cities I've found. Can you help a sister out? Let me know what I'm looking for, or where to look? Thanks!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I use trap doors to bridge the gap, just make sure that you don't leave them up for mobs to bridge over.

I met the zombie Giant of immense health today. 499 health, it took sometime to bash him out of that with my pan! I had to make two trips to grab more food and water in between hitting him from the roof! What's worse, he only dropped one piece of zombie flesh :( :rolleyes:
If you make traps by you door 1*3 deep they will get stuck unless they have jumping. you can also make a pit near buildings in the city and lead the mobs to it you can use the pan to trap them in. it will not stop the spawners though.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey this is a quick video of a med game tool you can make. In the video i use a iron shovel but it can be done with any TiCo shovel. It require loads of lapis and the ability to get 4 blaze rods so you will not be able to get this tool at the start unless you cheat or are very good. (Note: You can place a water source in a room with a blaze spawner or a room built to spawn blazes use the doll. The water should damage them.) I am posting this now so Iskandar can view it and see if maybe he needs to make changes. This would allow you to skip tiers of machines and i think for this mod pack anyway is kind of cheaty But i'll let Iskandar decide on that. I'll remove the link to the video if he ask me to. Have fun.

Phaz

Jul 29, 2019

I like having to go into the city to build your first smeltery. It was one of the nicer 1.1.2 changes I think. I think you basically have two options, the run in there with bare minimums and try and get what you need then get out alive version, or the (like my buddy and I did) spend time being cautious I go in with full diamond enchanted armor, plenty of food, etc. Right now my 1.1.2 world is about where my previous release world is in terms of automation and things, but it took us much longer to get to that point this time because of this change. I think that is a good thing (our old world we reached that point in like a day).

However, I really really didn't like having to go into the city (or in this case a 2nd city) to find enough seared bricks to make the steelworks stuff, or now find a 3rd city just to get bricks for servos.

So here is what I would recommend. Keep it so you can't make grout and have to go into the city to get your first smeltery, however, once you build that you can throw in cobble to make seared bricks and advance from there. So you need to go to a city, but you don't have to keep going to one.

Also, I feel like there should be some kind of late game automation mod added. Having pipes and everything going everywhere works, but isn't really hard, just tedious. Something like Ender IO or EnderStorage or something to make it easier to move liquids & items around would be nice. They can be plenty expensive (blaze rods, advanced circuts, etc) so you need a big infrastructure to make them, but it would be nice to have some some 'end game' setup so you have something to work on once you are able to generate most resources for free.

Also, it would be super super nice to get an upgrade to the camel pack. I don't care how expensive it is or how late game, but something that holds more or I can attach to armor or a jet pack or something. I don't care if it requires a stack of diamonds and can only be filled with stacks of ender perl liquid. After filling the pack for the 300th time it starts to get really really tedious. I just want something that lasts longer.