[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I say no grout but re-enable the cobble to seared stone recipe
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
You can turn gravel into seared stone in a high oven. Iskandar has stated that he would leave this in.

Honestly I was one of the people upset about not having grout when this update first came out and got over it fairly quickly. You can make it to the pneumatic craft and tinkers buildings without much trouble and get a smeltery/high oven fairly quickly. Cooking cobble down allows you to make servos if you are like me and use a ton of them.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
/agree. It is a fun toy and probably still usable to quickly get a stack of bricks or glass. But to be really useful for getting ingots, you need 50 blocks of Lapis. And by the time you got that from sifting gravel, you have probably already looted a couple TiCon buildings in the city and are able to build a High Oven instead.
The lava crystal for the shovel is the smaller problem. There are enough blaze spawners in the city to get the necessary rods early on.

By the way, the soul sand production is an excellent place to use SFM. Maybe I'll slap something together tonight and post a few screenshots.
I'll check it out and add it to the next tips video and give you credit for it.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
just turned a stack of wood into a 2 and 1/2 stacks of charcoal with the axe? rofl going to test it on zombies.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
just turned a stack of wood into a 2 and 1/2 stacks of charcoal with the axe? rofl going to test it on zombies.
Can't imagine it will do much to them unless zombie flesh has a furnace recipe.

BTW: as I recall, you can put a single lapis onto a tool and work that tool for a long period of time while the fortune amount "grows". Is that still valid ? (May be removed in iguanatweaks)

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
You get leather, if you "cook" rotten flesh in a furnace.

BTW: as I recall, you can put a single lapis onto a tool and work that tool for a long period of time while the fortune amount "grows". Is that still valid ? (May be removed in iguanatweaks)
Yes, I'm leveling Looting/Fortune on my scythe right now. Started at 100/450 from a random modifier and is 254/450 right now. It just goes up really slooow. :)

Reactions: Pyure

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if you set it up with 2 aa 1 placing and the other using the shovel the vacuum hopper will gather the xp also. so you get xp for using the shovel to smelt your ore.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
We keep coming back to the grout/seared brick/servo/smeltery debate. Iskander posted several pages back that he was adding servos to as quest rewards for 1.1.3.

I hope he reconsiders. We don't need grout back nor do we need servos added as quest rewards. You can start making seared bricks as soon as you get a crucible. Melt stones for 2mb each. Melt cobble for lava to fuel a furnace that's baking cobble to make smooth stone, and break smooth stone with hammer to get stones. While it's not hard, it is time consuming but doable. As stated in his original description of the pack, find a creative way around the problem. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Reactions: Catfather12

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

flesh does have a furnuce recipe, :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408387166][/DOUBLEPOST]nope just set them on fire

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

i think it is still in and you can alway get luck i believe as a random mod from leveling[DOUBLEPOST=1408387463][/DOUBLEPOST]what about a lumber axe? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408387568][/DOUBLEPOST]I just want to say if he leave it in and you get 2.5% increase and xp I'll be using it with some sort of auto using . wait i just remeber the big shovel:) give me a few minutes to test.....hehe

Last edited:

itsgmack

Jul 29, 2019
Funny that you assume that they are not doing that just because they are on here post comments. I supposed they are supposed to stay in game all day long and not socialize? rofl it is called planning ahead. and some of the ones asking these question are from youtube channels and are asking because they are getting the same questions on their channels and would like to know what answer to give. As to the silky gem cooment part. the gem used to cost 1 gem in this pack. It was changed by a mod added to take out add in the XP and limit tools. The side effect of that mod is it changed the recipe for that gem. I just want to be able to answer people when they see my video say " I hated that too, why he change it".

"posting comments" is an awfully generous way of describing it. but to each their own. I just thought it would be worth pointing out that crying and crying over the same thing for 20 forum pages in a row is somewhat petty, and seems to cover up the fact that someone worked pretty hard to put all this together for others enjoyment. any random (like me) who stumbles on this forum would assume the pack is awful (although i'm aware this is far from the case) because of the pages and pages of crybabying. i just wish i saw pages and pages of praise for all the things that are kick ass about the pack, including the difficulty and the fact that it might take you 10 days (real, not minecraft ;) ) to advance past the early game stages, which should be a good thing to those of us who are interested in playing a tough pack. I get bored with monster and direwolf packs pretty fast because i can have essentially unlimited resources and OP as f*ck armor in like 3 hours of play time, know what i mean?

Anyway, wasnt trying to be a d*ck, as i tried to explain with my opening sentences, so apologies if your feelings are hurt. also for the record i have enjoyed your vids up to this point :)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
How is fortunesmelt an exploit? High ovens at maximum height can melt a stack of iron dust in the time it took you to place it and shovel it. All for the cost of one charcoal.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all! I'm having a blast with this pack. Thanks, Iskandar for the great job.
I'm kinda stuck. I've been exploring a bit. I've found three cities and got tons of loot. I can't seem to find a reactor in any of the cities I've found. Can you help a sister out? Let me know what I'm looking for, or where to look? Thanks!

I have completely, 100% searched my starting city. No Big Reactor factories, what-so-ever-at-all. So yeah, I think I'm gana have to move to the next town over (which I do know where it is, just haven't been inside yet) to find any Big Reactor parts.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
How is fortunesmelt an exploit? High ovens at maximum height can melt a stack of iron dust in the time it took you to place it and shovel it. All for the cost of one charcoal.
i never said it was an exploit.