[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Check your attitude, please. It was an exploit and I fixed it, just like I do with any other exploit I find. I don't leave them just because it might be inconvenient. I already re-added the ability to smelt gravel and sand ore blocks to the High Smeltery, adding back the ability to pulverize them isn't that much bigger of an issue. Which, you know, if you had asked politely instead of griping I would have handled without comment.
I'm sorry, I can't do anything about the sorting.

My apologies, I didn't mean to offend you. Especially since I criticized the change, not you personally. (In fact, I think you are putting together an extremely fun pack. Thank you for all the work on it!)

Doesn't change anything about my opinion for this particular change though. In AgSkies you can enchant your hammer with fortune and greatly increase the ore output by looping it back from Dust to Gravel. This is not possible in Crash Landing without editing the config settings. Here the increase is so small, that it's not even worth to spend the time on using the exploit. Considering the impact of ore dictionary changes on all kind of other areas, maybe it would be better to simply leave it as it is? ("Too risky, won't fix" is a perfectly valid resolution for minor issues in software development.)

Of course it's your pack, you can make any change to it that you see fit. But please understand, that players of this pack are also able to tweak the configs, if they completely disagree with some of these changes.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought having those items on the same OreDict item was just a simple way to allow you to process all 3 items in the same machines that could process the standard ores. It's a solid ideal, but in practice, when combined with mods that provide easy access to dictionary conversions, it still represents an exploitable function. Granted, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and configs are open for anyone to tweak as they desire, but this is Iskandar's modpack, it is labeled as being Hardcore, and the process you describe is still an exploit.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
My apologies, I didn't mean to offend you. Especially since I criticized the change, not you personally. (In fact, I think you are putting together an extremely fun pack. Thank you for all the work on it!)

Doesn't change anything about my opinion for this particular change though. In AgSkies you can enchant your hammer with fortune and greatly increase the ore output by looping it back from Dust to Gravel. This is not possible in Crash Landing without editing the config settings. Here the increase is so small, that it's not even worth to spend the time on using the exploit. Considering the impact of ore dictionary changes on all kind of other areas, maybe it would be better to simply leave it as it is? ("Too risky, won't fix" is a perfectly valid resolution for minor issues in software development.)

Of course it's your pack, you can make any change to it that you see fit. But please understand, that players of this pack are also able to tweak the configs, if they completely disagree with some of these changes.

Yes, and my stance is unchanged. It's an exploit. I don't care how big or small it may be, it is still an exploit. I fix those as soon as they turn up, if I can. It is why sprinklers no longer exist, it is why liquid transfer nodes got nerfed, this is no different. I always go back through and adjust things to compensate for the changes I had to make. In this case, once I get finished setting the pulverizer recipes back up the only thing you will have lost is the ability to sort by ore dictionary. Oh, and the ability to abuse the exploit. The first shouldn't be a big deal, the second is the entire point of making the change. As a bonus, I should be able to make the pulverizer give you ore sand from ore gravel and ore dust from ore sand, and give you more or less exactly the bonus fragments you would have gotten from using a hammer. Probably a bit less, as I tend to make it so that the autonomous way is slightly less efficient than manual, just quicker and easier.

Also, feel free to make changes to my pack. Just realize that I do not, and never will, give tech support on modified packs. This is not to be mean, it is just I have enough problems keeping up with the pack as it is.

Edit: Aaaaand done. Pulverizers now give the appropriate ore sand from ore gravel and ore dust from ore sand. They also give crushed or pulverized ore as appropriate at a 40% chance. As a comparison, hammers have a 50% chance to give an extra, and a 5% chance to give 2 extra. So, pulverizers are slightly less efficient than manually hammering, but do not a) consume hammers or b) need some way to pick up the pieces of ore afterwards. A fair trade.

Last edited:

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a bother, but you didn't reply to this.

And Iskandar, did you see my post on the previous page about the Liquid Transfer Nodes and Mining Upgrades? Right now, the Node feels like it's the endgame instead of part of the endgame, so I was hoping my suggestion about recipe changes would help it be a gradual increase in utility, rather than an extreme jump in water generation that completely gets rid of any nerfs with water.

Previous post in question.

Also, I was thinking that the Mining Upgrade for Extra Utils item and liquid transfer nodes need an increased cost. It's currently the default 1 iron pickaxe, 4 iron, 4 lapis per 2 upgrades. Cheap to make and turn those liquid nodes into liquid generating beasts. I popped a stack of them into a node with 8 speed upgrades and can fill a Drum in seconds. They're also used to generate cobblestone faster from an item node, but the base rate can easily support multiple Pulverizers, so I don't see the recipe change impacting that at all. It's mainly to make generating water with a liquid transfer node not completely nullify all of your previous water generation the moment you get it. My suggestion is to make the pickaxe a Flux Infused one, maybe even a Destruction Pickaxe, change the lapis to Tier 3 Logic Cards, and switch the iron bars to Enderium Blocks. And also, I'd say to reduce the output of the Liquid Transfer Node recipe to 1. That ought to still make obtaining a Liquid Transfer Node worth it without removing the shortage of water that the pack is built around. It's a hard thing to balance if you want to keep in, but it definitely gives a major goal for players to work for.

Everyone else is focused on the beginning, but having a good endgame is equally as important and this change does not require the rest of the quests to be made.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Sorry to be a bother, but you didn't reply to this.

Previous post in question.

Everyone else is focused on the beginning, but having a good endgame is equally as important and this change does not require the rest of the quests to be made.
Liquid transfer nodes have been needed already. And frankly, as soon as you get an accumulator your water worries are over.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
For clarification, do you mean you the initial recipe change to the 64k cells? My suggested changes are aimed at making the transition to endgame a bit more gradual. Things like obsidian and soul sand need a bucket of water per block. An accumulator/unupgraded node will be able to meet the needs of a couple of these, but you won't be able to generate on a massive scale. Currently, you just make the cheap upgrades and voila, you have enough water to form your own ocean.

Pink RAM

Jul 29, 2019
While playing both maps in 1.0.8 I have found that they both never have a sun or moon that appear. Instead it is just gloomy all the time, I suspect that this is a side affect of disabling rain, but it does not normally rain forever.

I have also found that sometimes for sieving dust the sound heard when picking up items goes into spasm mode and the world pauses, however I am still able to move. Consequently, I have to wait for the game to stop lagging and continue on again. Whether this is just my computer or the actual modpack I don't know.

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
What quests are currently in the pack? I started up a 1.09 yesterday and I am done already? I show 96% of Basic survival 27/27 quests. 100% of Under Pressure 9/9 quests. And 100% of automation 3/3 quests. Is there more I am not getting to somehow? One of the quests stated I would learn how to automate the PCB creation? What is with the 96% of Basic Survival?

Hard version of 1.09. No upgrades, straight up single player from the launcher.

Thanks in advance!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
What quests are currently in the pack? I started up a 1.09 yesterday and I am done already? I show 96% of Basic survival 27/27 quests. 100% of Under Pressure 9/9 quests. And 100% of automation 3/3 quests. Is there more I am not getting to somehow? One of the quests stated I would learn how to automate the PCB creation? What is with the 96% of Basic Survival?

Hard version of 1.09. No upgrades, straight up single player from the launcher.

Thanks in advance!
Well, that went quickly. Yeah, that is all the current quests. I am working on it.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Oh jeez, I just remembered I said I'd think up some quests for Big Reactors and Steelworks. Do you still want me to take care of those, or would you rather do them yourself?

Cypress Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that went quickly. Yeah, that is all the current quests. I am working on it.

Thanks Iskandar for your work on this. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :) The only part that stumped me was the quest that is looking for plastic. I had only had plastic made from lightning seeds at the time, but it was looking for specific creeper seed plastic. If I recall correctly, the quest text said "Any plastic". I just ended up sieving to get some cactus seeds and made my own creeper seeds.

But again, thanks for your work. I had alot of fun with this one. And I NEVER play single player. It was enough to keep me interested with the pneumatic stuff.

Last edited:

David E. Frenette

Jul 29, 2019
A couple things. One, if you are still looking for beta testers I would like to toss my name into that. Also, an idea I had once I completed the original crash landing was that it would be interesting to have another map (pretty much the exact same) but focused on a snow planet.Water would obviously be a little easier, but material gathering not so much. I suck when it comes to modding, so if anyone wants to run with this idea it's all yours.

geels12

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar, I got pretty frustated when I finished building my high oven and I not being able to triple the ores. Will you ever update the config, or is it intended to be set to 2 ingots per ore ?
Nice work btw, I finally managed to get started for real after 4 deaths.
I also think that you should add quest requiring x buckets of water, to craft the first pieces of Applied energistics, the first thing to automate, and some quests as the "for the hoarding" chapter from AG, in which you have to submit craptons of items. But first you need to add loots to Epic and Legendary reward bags before doing those quests

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hey Iskandar, I got pretty frustated when I finished building my high oven and I not being able to triple the ores. Will you ever update the config, or is it intended to be set to 2 ingots per ore ?
Nice work btw, I finally managed to get started for real after 4 deaths.
I also think that you should add quest requiring x buckets of water, to craft the first pieces of Applied energistics, the first thing to automate, and some quests as the "for the hoarding" chapter from AG, in which you have to submit craptons of items. But first you need to add loots to Epic and Legendary reward bags before doing those quests

Nah, I'm not trying to go the AgSkies route. And yeah, the High Oven should be ore tripling. I'll get on it. Reward bags really aren't going to be a thing. They ended up being a) a pain in the ass to set up (I would need, quite literally, hundreds of bags to match AgSkies, and trying to come up with that many reward bags gave me a headache) and b) too random for my liking. So I'm removing them, though tere will be a few left here and there.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, let me clarify. I need one or two people who have completed all the available quests who are willing to double check my new quests. I have nearly doubled the number of quests, including repeatable quests for all of the unavailable animals.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
All quests completed here, with another playthrough in progress on Hard. I'll check out the new quests for ya.