[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not quite. Just downloaded the dev3 and i dont have manual detect.
EDIT
After completing few quests here are my suggestions:
- add manual detect to all quests with crafting (for example "Upgraded")
- "Tools of the trade" feels like few things tossed chaotically together. I would suggest spliting it to 2 maybe 3 quests: 1. charging station and wrench (quest line of assembly line, as it is needed for Assemlby IO Unit) ; 2. Air canon and gps
- "1 up" detected premade Shell storage but not Shell storage (first suggestion will fix it)
- Spawn egg quests - try splitting each quest into 2 stages because manual detect dont work for egg and after submitting firstly mob essence as QDS awaits for egg from Hooper (or etc) it almost dryed my mob essence tank dry before i wrenched it. So submitting egg first and then mob essence could save some resources

This is true for any liquid needed for the QDS. It does not stop taking the liquid when the quest is completed, it will keep going until you either turn it off or there is no more liquid to get. The QDS acts more or less like a trash can in that way, for both liquids and items. It takes everything, and simply destroys anything not needed for the current quest. Splitting those quests won't change that. I added a note to make it clear that those quests are QDS only, which is the only thing I can do.

And, in general, will look at changing crafting recipes over to manual detect. They are mostly there for limited SMP where one person can't do the quests and then pass the items over to the rest of the party to do. But since SMP isn't really a priority anyway, I'll fix.[DOUBLEPOST=1405035940][/DOUBLEPOST]
I noticed the same and it's a quick fix. Change the following line in Lockdown.cfg to false:

Code:
B:"Disable Quit Button"=true

And the quit button comes back
And woops. Lockdown is not yet officially part of the pack. That slipped out of my dev version and will not be there for the live update.

Edit: And the High oven won't make the TiCon smeltery obsolete. Well, it will to a degree. But you will still need a TiCon smeltery to start at any rate, as you need one to make the High Oven bricks. I will think about it. And rework a few of my quests.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The following are some very subjective notes from playing through the first set of quests in 1.0.9 yesterday:

It's hot now, you dehydrate really fast. Surviving is not a problem, it's just a lot of refilling the camel pack that gets tedious over time. Securing the food supply also takes quite some effort in the beginning, but that gets better with access to more/better food and eventually becomes a non issue. For dehydration there is no such progression path.
I've played it with 0.50 Dehydration for a few hours. You still have to restock often enough, but it's a lot less cumbersome.

There are a lot less Reward Bags now which is actually a good thing. Before you could practically count on getting certain items (especially seeds and ores) with the bags, now you have to work without them.

Iron ore is a lot more common with the last update. Together with the new Hopper recipe it is a lot easier now to build the first couple items. But (again, personal preference based on ore usage) there could be a bit more copper and some less gold and aluminium. My suggestion for the ore distribution would be: Iron 6-8, Copper 10, Tin/Lead 12, Silver/Aluminium 15, Gold 18-20.

The quests and the rewards flow really well. Only two places to perhaps look at again. One early quest gives an Activator and a Vacuum Hopper, which is really generous. From there on the ore production is virtually on autopilot. The quest for the Glacial Gizzmothingie only gives some hoppers and water. It takes Pneumaticcraft to craft it, at that point making a hopper is trivial. Again, just a suggestion: Make Activators somewhat more expensive so that it is still difficult to make when starting with Pneumaticcraft. (Not AAccumulator expensive though. :)) Give one Activator as early quest reward, a second Activator plus Vacuum Hopper for the Glacial Magicky quest.
Or even leave it as it is, just change the Glacial reward to some TE machines, maybe a Pulverizer+Furnace to get the player started with TE processing.

The High Oven is awesome for ore processing - fast, efficient and easy to automate. But I would leave it at 2x ore doubling. Even at 2x it's superior to the Ticon smeltery and at 3x there wouldn't be much of an incentive anymore to build any of the TE processing machines.

And a few questions:
- Is it possible to disable the sweat particles by default? (Or who would prefer to leave them in for immersion reasons?)
- Is it possible to add the Builder's Wand fairly early on? (Either a recipe a la AgSkies or maybe an optional quest reward?)
- How do you get melon seeds? I don't care about pumpkins, but melons are important for potions. (Maybe quest reward or as very low chance when sifting dirt?)

Now can't wait to try 1.1.0, it's a really fun pack. :)
You don't get melons. They are cheaty, sorry. Well, not as cheaty now that Spice of Life exists, but still cheaty. Two melon plants will pretty much give you pretty much all the food you'd need. Melon, melon juice, melon jelly and in such quantities that you will never, ever run out. Just from two plants. Heck, maybe just from 1 plant. And it can be automated with a terrain smasher and a chest. No, and no.

The only potion you lost is a health potion. And since this is a tech pack, um, yeah.

Changed the last quest in the Glacial Percipitator line to give you Summon Blizz egg. That should be useful. Changed the other reward from a vacuum hopper to a hopper.

As for the TE machines, they are still needed. Unless you are going to be manually digging dust forever, you are still going to want to build an Igneous Extruder, feed the cobble into Pulverizers to get your gravel/sand/dust. It will make the redstone furnace obsolete, but I'm fine with that.[DOUBLEPOST=1405037454][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm nice found some slime islands floating outside my base.
Slime...Islands? What? How? Those are disabled, have been from day one. Something must have seriously borked in your configs.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Two melon plants will pretty much give you pretty much all the food you'd need. Melon, melon juice, melon jelly and in such quantities that you will never, ever run out. Just from two plants.

You must not have seen potatoes. Regular potato, baked potato, fries, stock, use the stock to make garden soup or potato soup... pretty sure that once a zombie drops a potato, you just need to juggle the food you make from it.

Unless you are going to be manually digging dust forever, you are still going to want to build an Igneous Extruder, feed the cobble into Pulverizers to get your gravel/sand/dust.

Hah. Igneous Extruder for cobblestone. An item node is cheaper, able to be obtained earlier, and can be upgraded to produce stacks of cobblestone. I just use my Extruder for obsidian.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Good enough. Fixed a few things, per everyone's suggestion. There are now nearly 60 quests included in Crash Landing. As reference, AgSkies has about 150 or so.[DOUBLEPOST=1405039333][/DOUBLEPOST]
You must not have seen potatoes. Regular potato, baked potato, fries, stock, use the stock to make garden soup or potato soup... pretty sure that once a zombie drops a potato, you just need to juggle the food you make from it.

Hah. Igneous Extruder for cobblestone. An item node is cheaper, able to be obtained earlier, and can be upgraded to produce stacks of cobblestone. I just use my Extruder for obsidian.
Ah, but the potato grows slower than melons, you need to make an actual (small) farm to equal the output of 2 or 3 melon plants, and they can't be automated nearly as easily as melons. And, if you notice, potatoes are gone, too, outside of mob drops which I can't do a thing about.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar,

A few items after a bit of playing the dev build.

1) On the creating life quests the manual submit button isn't enabled on Lonely?, Cow, Sheep, Pig, and Horse, but is enabled on the others.
2) I'm at 80% of Under Pressure complete and no more quests available for completion. Is there something I'm missing to get the rest?
3) Technological Revolution is completely locked out so I can't see any of those.

Looks good otherwise so far!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hey Iskandar,

A few items after a bit of playing the dev build.

1) On the creating life quests the manual submit button isn't enabled on Lonely?, Cow, Sheep, Pig, and Horse, but is enabled on the others.
2) I'm at 80% of Under Pressure complete and no more quests available for completion. Is there something I'm missing to get the rest?
3) Technological Revolution is completely locked out so I can't see any of those.

Looks good otherwise so far!
You must craft 3 Printed Circuit boards by hand to unlock the last few quests in Under pressure.
You must complete those quests to unlock Technological Revolution

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You must craft 3 Printed Circuit boards by hand to unlock the last few quests in Under pressure.
You must complete those quests to unlock Technological Revolution
Thanks! What's the item needed for covering the basics? There's no picture or text saying what it is looking for.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
You don't get melons. They are cheaty, sorry. Well, not as cheaty now that Spice of Life exists, but still cheaty. Two melon plants will pretty much give you pretty much all the food you'd need. Melon, melon juice, melon jelly and in such quantities that you will never, ever run out. Just from two plants. Heck, maybe just from 1 plant. And it can be automated with a terrain smasher and a chest. No, and no.
NEI shows 4 recipes. Anything that can be made with a melon, can also be made with Grapes. And we get a sapling very early as quest reward. There are other veggies that can be used in a lot more (and high-end) recipes. Disagree with you, but your pack and therefore your call. :)

The only potion you lost is a health potion. And since this is a tech pack, um, yeah.
Main usage for that would be the Magnum Torch for later in the game. And maybe one of the choices for the Potion Generator.

Changed the last quest in the Glacial Percipitator line to give you Summon Blizz egg. That should be useful. Changed the other reward from a vacuum hopper to a hopper.
Genius, especially the Blizz egg. But also the hopper fits much better into the progression at that point. Awesome changes!

As for the TE machines, they are still needed. Unless you are going to be manually digging dust forever, you are still going to want to build an Igneous Extruder, feed the cobble into Pulverizers to get your gravel/sand/dust. It will make the redstone furnace obsolete, but I'm fine with that.
You are absolutely right, that's why I limited the statement to the TE ore processing. Of course you still want o make an Extruder, Magma Crucible, Induction Smelter etc. And the Pulverizers are still useful for making gravel and dust.
But given the choice between 2x TE ore processing (with a chance to get some thing extra) plus having to smelt it down and then on the other side a simple High Oven with straight ore tripling (and you only have to feed the ore in and get the ingots out) .. I'm lazy, my choice would be simple. :)
If the High Oven only doubles the output, then it would still be superior to the TiCon smeltery. (Higher speed and no worries about alloys). But the TE machines will be clear upgrades. Either the bonus dust from the pulverizers or you could go for tripling with the Induction Smelter.

Edit: And the High oven won't make the TiCon smeltery obsolete. Well, it will to a degree. But you will still need a TiCon smeltery to start at any rate, as you need one to make the High Oven bricks.
True. And even if you do all the processing in the High Oven, the smeltery is still a fast and simple way to get a couple blocks of alloys (Invar, Bronze and Electrum).

Ah, but the potato grows slower than melons, you need to make an actual (small) farm to equal the output of 2 or 3 melon plants, and they can't be automated nearly as easily as melons. And, if you notice, potatoes are gone, too, outside of mob drops which I can't do a thing about.
You said it yourself, it is a Tech Pack. :)
There is no need to rely on farms and natural growth rates. All it needs is an Activator bonemealing a block of farmland in front of it (and bones are abundant, even in early game). More food than you can ever eat, the ability to set up a couple of these for the MFR Bioreactor and you can even run all your dirt production from it as well.
Since melons are mentioned here - they are actually at a disadvantage, since this approach doesn't work for them. Again, completely your decision, of course.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
hmm.. So when I started the new dev version Special Mobs and Special AI were enabled by default. I've never had them enabled before. Was this intended? Or maybe a bug on my part? It was quite a surprise the first night when I poked a hole in my dust cover of the ship to get the mobs to fight each other, and got yanked through the hole by a giant zombie...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
There is no need to rely on farms and natural growth rates. All it needs is an Activator bonemealing a block of farmland in front of it (and bones are abundant, even in early game). More food than you can ever eat, the ability to set up a couple of these for the MFR Bioreactor and you can even run all your dirt production from it as well.
Since melons are mentioned here - they are actually at a disadvantage, since this approach doesn't work for them. Again, completely your decision, of course.
Activator is no longer an early game item. Plus automation with the terrain smasher may be slower, but it also set and forget. You literally do not need anything else but the smasher and a chest. Any other crop needs an activator, some way to pick up the drops, and a constant stream of bones. Automation is fine, infinite resources that cheaply is not.[DOUBLEPOST=1405044370][/DOUBLEPOST]
hmm.. So when I started the new dev version Special Mobs and Special AI were enabled by default. I've never had them enabled before. Was this intended? Or maybe a bug on my part? It was quite a surprise the first night when I poked a hole in my dust cover of the ship to get the mobs to fight each other, and got yanked through the hole by a giant zombie...
Yeah, dev versions are built like that. Sorry, I tend to forget.

zaraga

Jul 29, 2019
i seem to be having a issue were i cant smelt the pulverized metals, is anyone else having this issue?[DOUBLEPOST=1405050020][/DOUBLEPOST]also tools of the trade wont let me select a item and complete

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
also tools of the trade wont let me select a item and complete

Is that the third quest group? I was going through in editor mode to fix anything that didn't work, and saw that was blank. Went to turn it off and progress didn't save, haven't been yet again.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
i seem to be having a issue were i cant smelt the pulverized metals, is anyone else having this issue?[DOUBLEPOST=1405050020][/DOUBLEPOST]also tools of the trade wont let me select a item and complete
Check your inventory. If it is full you can't complete.[DOUBLEPOST=1405052531][/DOUBLEPOST]Pack Update! Crash Landing is now beta stable! 1.1.0!
Lots of quests in the update plus a few balance fixes!

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
I have just played through 1.0.9, and I learned a lot about some new-to-me mods and generally had a good time. My stats say I've spend 26 hours in-game, so it was not exactly a speed run!

I found the frequency of running back to my water chest quite annoying after a while, but I guess that's just the character of this desert planet. The ability to recharge the camel pack in the Transposer would be nice, but I understand that's not feasible.

I found Spice of Life to be no challenge. Bone Broth, Vegetable Soup (made from bone broth and one vegetable), oranges, orange juice and monster jerky… all easy things to make by the stack and more than enough variety to keep this mod happy. I have a small vegetable garden with some interesting plants growing in it, but I had no need to research recipes to increase the variety of my diet.

I would like to see melons back in the game because throwing splash potion of healing at mobs in a trap is a standard mechanic which need not be nerfed. The Spice of Life difficulty could be ramped up to compensate for melons. SoL config looks like it can group all melon-based foods into one food group. It might be wise to use this mechanic for all varieties of potato and carrot foods too. (raw potato and baked potato, raw carrot and carrot juice). I'm not sure whether SoL or Hunger Overhaul configs can reduce the nutritional value of particular foods. If so, that would allow melon to be nerfed without losing the utility of the plant.

Iskandar, you say this is a tech pack, but I have hardly played with any machines at all yet. The inability to make any form of automation beyond the provided Activator/VacuumHopper has been very frustrating. If these items are no longer given as quest rewards in 1.10, I'm not sure I would be able to play through this pack again. I have had my activator hammering cobble and operating the sieve constantly. Even so, I had to grind gravel manually to generate enough iron to kick start Pneumaticraft. I did build a High Oven for the 50% ore to metal bonus and was sorely disappointed! Good to know that's an oversight!

That said, I have played Agrarian Skies, and found it trivially easy to automate metal production. A couple of extruders, a chain of pulverisers, a set of activators on a sieve and you never need to worry about metals again. I wouldn't want this pack to make it that easy, but I think the total inaccessibility of Machines until after 20+ hours of game play is a bit too much.

The quest "The end of the beginning" has a rubber tree seed as a reward, but as far as I can see a rubber tree is a necessity for completing this quest.

I also didn't notice the "Blueprint for success" quest until I had used half my emeralds crafting a blueprint.

I think I'll start a new world in 1.10dev and see if my familiarity with the mods makes it any easier.

Thanks for creating this pack, I can't wait to see how it develops in future :)

KeepOnDigging!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I have just played through 1.0.9, and I learned a lot about some new-to-me mods and generally had a good time. My stats say I've spend 26 hours in-game, so it was not exactly a speed run!

I found the frequency of running back to my water chest quite annoying after a while, but I guess that's just the character of this desert planet. The ability to recharge the camel pack in the Transposer would be nice, but I understand that's not feasible.

I found Spice of Life to be no challenge. Bone Broth, Vegetable Soup (made from bone broth and one vegetable), oranges, orange juice and monster jerky… all easy things to make by the stack and more than enough variety to keep this mod happy. I have a small vegetable garden with some interesting plants growing in it, but I had no need to research recipes to increase the variety of my diet.

I would like to see melons back in the game because throwing splash potion of healing at mobs in a trap is a standard mechanic which need not be nerfed. The Spice of Life difficulty could be ramped up to compensate for melons. SoL config looks like it can group all melon-based foods into one food group. It might be wise to use this mechanic for all varieties of potato and carrot foods too. (raw potato and baked potato, raw carrot and carrot juice). I'm not sure whether SoL or Hunger Overhaul configs can reduce the nutritional value of particular foods. If so, that would allow melon to be nerfed without losing the utility of the plant.

Iskandar, you say this is a tech pack, but I have hardly played with any machines at all yet. The inability to make any form of automation beyond the provided Activator/VacuumHopper has been very frustrating. If these items are no longer given as quest rewards in 1.10, I'm not sure I would be able to play through this pack again. I have had my activator hammering cobble and operating the sieve constantly. Even so, I had to grind gravel manually to generate enough iron to kick start Pneumaticraft. I did build a High Oven for the 50% ore to metal bonus and was sorely disappointed! Good to know that's an oversight!

That said, I have played Agrarian Skies, and found it trivially easy to automate metal production. A couple of extruders, a chain of pulverisers, a set of activators on a sieve and you never need to worry about metals again. I wouldn't want this pack to make it that easy, but I think the total inaccessibility of Machines until after 20+ hours of game play is a bit too much.

The quest "The end of the beginning" has a rubber tree seed as a reward, but as far as I can see a rubber tree is a necessity for completing this quest.

I also didn't notice the "Blueprint for success" quest until I had used half my emeralds crafting a blueprint.

I think I'll start a new world in 1.10dev and see if my familiarity with the mods makes it any easier.

Thanks for creating this pack, I can't wait to see how it develops in future :)

KeepOnDigging!
1.1.0 is now live, no need to use a now slightly out of date dev version

Melons need to stay gone. Way too easy to automate. Set and forget automation that doesn't need power or any other kind of supplies and is easily attainable in your first hour or two of play. No, just no. How broken this is can very easily be seen in AgSkies. In your first hour of play on a new map you can easily get melon seeds from a quest reward and enough metal to make 2 terrain smashers. Set the melons up so the smashers break the grown melons, slap a chest on the other end and walk away. Fifteen minutes later, grab the melons and make fruit salad. Never worry about hunger again. Broken just so very broken

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Slime...Islands? What? How? Those are disabled, have been from day one. Something must have seriously borked in your configs.

Noop haven't done anything with my configs. Found thme northeast of base att -300 -600[DOUBLEPOST=1405064615][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh Iskandar by stable do you mean world is stable too?

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Get rubber tree saplings by sieving dirt.

I know how to get a rubber tree :)

My point was that this reward is obsolete by the time it's offered. There are more useful things to offer as a reward at this stage of the game.

KoD!

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to get a rubber tree :)

My point was that this reward is obsolete by the time it's offered. There are more useful things to offer as a reward at this stage of the game.

KoD!

It's entirely possible to get to this point with having a rubber tree. If you don't want to sift dirt looking for a rubber seed then you can just pick it here.