[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, let me clarify. I need one or two people who have completed all the available quests who are willing to double check my new quests. I have nearly doubled the number of quests, including repeatable quests for all of the unavailable animals.
I've completed all of the current quests and would love the chance to help test the new ones and anything else you need testing.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Does this have more quests or has a different game approach from 1.0.9?
Mostly new quests. A few updated mods. Closed off an exploit, and readded pulverizer recipes for ore gravel and sand. Pulverizer acts like an automatic hammer on those, just slightly less efficient at producing bonus ores.

Big thing is the quests. 20 to 25 ish new quests, and I'll add a few more tomorrow before submitting the pack update to FTB.

Reactions: tetshio

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly new quests. A few updated mods. Closed off an exploit, and readded pulverizer recipes for ore gravel and sand. Pulverizer acts like an automatic hammer on those, just slightly less efficient at producing bonus ores.

Big thing is the quests. 20 to 25 ish new quests, and I'll add a few more tomorrow before submitting the pack update to FTB.
Cool. Looks like I'll be busy when I go on vacation soon :D

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Found an issue. "Under More Pressure" quest. Need to change the Advanced Pressure Tube to a Manual Detection quest since those can only be crafted via the Assembly Line. Tried making some, cannot progress past this point.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Found an issue. "Under More Pressure" quest. Need to change the Advanced Pressure Tube to a Manual Detection quest since those can only be crafted via the Assembly Line. Tried making some, cannot progress past this point.
Hmm. Ok, I can fix that. Thanks. And really only affects one quest. Not so bad.

Edit: And fixed. Any further downloads will have the fixed quest.

geels12

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, I'm not trying to go the AgSkies route. And yeah, the High Oven should be ore tripling. I'll get on it. Reward bags really aren't going to be a thing. They ended up being a) a pain in the ass to set up (I would need, quite literally, hundreds of bags to match AgSkies, and trying to come up with that many reward bags gave me a headache) and b) too random for my liking. So I'm removing them, though tere will be a few left here and there.
I knew my High Oven was worth building it o/
Found a bug : I always move my ftb packs to my vanilla launcher. I haven't tried with the FTB launcher but the "Quit game" button vanished. Ofc I'm playing with a premium account, I always had it, but for some reasons this button vanishes with the latest build "CrasgLanding110dev3". It only happened when using this version, and I think I'll stick with it (more quests o/). I blame ModTweaker, SpecialAI & SpecialMobs, since they were disabled on previous versions (ModTweaker wasn't there at all if I remember correctly).
Also my game takes longer to launch now, that isn't a bug and I know this is CPU related. I'm just pointing out that some newly added mods take ages to load.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Modtweaker has been there since it has come out, it is vital to a lot of the changels in the last few updates. And yes, dev versions ship with Special Mobs and Special AI enabled. I disable them when I ship the live update. I suggest removing them if you have performance issues, as they will make things worse.

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Ok, I can fix that. Thanks. And really only affects one quest. Not so bad.

Edit: And fixed. Any further downloads will have the fixed quest.
Not quite. Just downloaded the dev3 and i dont have manual detect.
EDIT
After completing few quests here are my suggestions:
- add manual detect to all quests with crafting (for example "Upgraded")
- "Tools of the trade" feels like few things tossed chaotically together. I would suggest spliting it to 2 maybe 3 quests: 1. charging station and wrench (quest line of assembly line, as it is needed for Assemlby IO Unit) ; 2. Air canon and gps
- "1 up" detected premade Shell storage but not Shell storage (first suggestion will fix it)
- Spawn egg quests - try splitting each quest into 2 stages because manual detect dont work for egg and after submitting firstly mob essence as QDS awaits for egg from Hooper (or etc) it almost dryed my mob essence tank dry before i wrenched it. So submitting egg first and then mob essence could save some resources

Last edited:

kardain

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried with the FTB launcher but the "Quit game" button vanished. Ofc I'm playing with a premium account, I always had it, but for some reasons this button vanishes with the latest build "CrasgLanding110dev3". It only happened when using this version, and I think I'll stick with it (more quests o/).

I noticed the same and it's a quick fix. Change the following line in Lockdown.cfg to false:

Code:
B:"Disable Quit Button"=true

And the quit button comes back

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
The following are some very subjective notes from playing through the first set of quests in 1.0.9 yesterday:

It's hot now, you dehydrate really fast. Surviving is not a problem, it's just a lot of refilling the camel pack that gets tedious over time. Securing the food supply also takes quite some effort in the beginning, but that gets better with access to more/better food and eventually becomes a non issue. For dehydration there is no such progression path.
I've played it with 0.50 Dehydration for a few hours. You still have to restock often enough, but it's a lot less cumbersome.

There are a lot less Reward Bags now which is actually a good thing. Before you could practically count on getting certain items (especially seeds and ores) with the bags, now you have to work without them.

Iron ore is a lot more common with the last update. Together with the new Hopper recipe it is a lot easier now to build the first couple items. But (again, personal preference based on ore usage) there could be a bit more copper and some less gold and aluminium. My suggestion for the ore distribution would be: Iron 6-8, Copper 10, Tin/Lead 12, Silver/Aluminium 15, Gold 18-20.

The quests and the rewards flow really well. Only two places to perhaps look at again. One early quest gives an Activator and a Vacuum Hopper, which is really generous. From there on the ore production is virtually on autopilot. The quest for the Glacial Gizzmothingie only gives some hoppers and water. It takes Pneumaticcraft to craft it, at that point making a hopper is trivial. Again, just a suggestion: Make Activators somewhat more expensive so that it is still difficult to make when starting with Pneumaticcraft. (Not AAccumulator expensive though. :)) Give one Activator as early quest reward, a second Activator plus Vacuum Hopper for the Glacial Magicky quest.
Or even leave it as it is, just change the Glacial reward to some TE machines, maybe a Pulverizer+Furnace to get the player started with TE processing.

The High Oven is awesome for ore processing - fast, efficient and easy to automate. But I would leave it at 2x ore doubling. Even at 2x it's superior to the Ticon smeltery and at 3x there wouldn't be much of an incentive anymore to build any of the TE processing machines.

And a few questions:
- Is it possible to disable the sweat particles by default? (Or who would prefer to leave them in for immersion reasons?)
- Is it possible to add the Builder's Wand fairly early on? (Either a recipe a la AgSkies or maybe an optional quest reward?)
- How do you get melon seeds? I don't care about pumpkins, but melons are important for potions. (Maybe quest reward or as very low chance when sifting dirt?)

Now can't wait to try 1.1.0, it's a really fun pack. :)

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion for the ore distribution would be: Iron 6-8, Copper 10, Tin/Lead 12, Silver/Aluminium 15, Gold 18-20.

What exactly do these numbers mean? I'm not sure if they're percentages, fractions, cumulative distributions, or something else. Is it 1/X where X is the number you listed?

- Is it possible to add the Builder's Wand fairly early on? (Either a recipe a la AgSkies or maybe an optional quest reward?)

I think the main reason for having the recipe in AgSkies was to allow for better platform extension. You have plenty of room in Crash Landing and really only need to build one decent sized wall that takes 10-20 minutes, depending on how impressive you want it to be.

But yes, I do agree with most of your post. I was rather surprised at how early on the Activator was given, as well as the fact that a vacuum hopper came with it. Spacing it out a bit more would probably be better.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do these numbers mean? I'm not sure if they're percentages, fractions, cumulative distributions, or something else. Is it 1/X where X is the number you listed?
Yep, the recipes use 1/X values. Right now it's for example Iron 6 (=16.7%), Copper/Tin/Lead 12 (8.3%), Aluminium 10 (=10%) etc.

I think the main reason for having the recipe in AgSkies was to allow for better platform extension. You have plenty of room in Crash Landing and really only need to build one decent sized wall that takes 10-20 minutes, depending on how impressive you want it to be.
You are right. :)
The Builder's Wand would be more for convenience, it's definitely not a necessity.

And it would be more for building underground than for surface structures. With everything being dust, I was removing the upper three layers, then making a layer of stone and filling the dust back up. Then started to build the basement beneath the layer of stone.
On the other hand, there shouldn't be any balance issues by adding the wand. But it was really just a question, no biggie if it doesn't get added.

geels12

Jul 29, 2019
The High Oven is awesome for ore processing - fast, efficient and easy to automate. But I would leave it at 2x ore doubling. Even at 2x it's superior to the Ticon smeltery and at 3x there wouldn't be much of an incentive anymore to build any of the TiC processing machines.
I don't get why making TiC ore processing obsolete is bad. I mean, the High oven requires cobblestone, some clay and a smeltery to get started. Lava is pretty easy to create, you just need a transfer node on top of a piece of cobblestone next to a water source block and a lava source block, it'll create all the cobble you need for your crucible (you can even put the extra cobble in the smeltery to get seared stone). At this point automating the smeltery becomes really, really easy.
Automating the high oven is a bit more technical, since you have to place ducts (only 2 for ore processing, one for fuel, one for the ores you want to process), and some solid fuel. A 15x15 jungle wood farm is enough to create water from leaves (you need 2 harvesters, one to get the saplings, one the leaves), dirt from vines and fuel from the huge jungle trees which will grow. You have to craft 8 furnaces to get started processing the wood, and you need to refill the furnaces with the charcoal it produces. It'll get to a point where you'll get extra charcoal, I mean tons of it. 16 survivalist generators will be able to keep the planter, 1 harvester and a sluge boiler, yet no more. You can place 2 steam dynamos, which require water from the leaves you put into the crucibles. You'll need 12 crucibles with 12 pieces of fire (so 12 blocks of netherrack) to produce enough water to feed yourself, eventually a few sprinklers and the 2 dynamos. When you get to that point, you just need to add a excess barrel to the charcoal production line before swimming in charcoal.
I don't think that using the high oven for it's ore processing will make things from TiC obsolete, because you'll need a lot of preparation. OFC, 1 block of charcoal is enough to reach a really high temperature. But getting 9 pieces of charcoal is more technical than putting down one transfer node, one crucible, one torch under the crucible and wait to get fuel.