[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
After each night you will be getting probably a half stack and possibly more of zombie meat. Zombie meat in a wood barrel turns into dirt. You will get between 3-5 dirt each night that method, and still have some left over to salt into zombie jerky. You can also feed in any kind of organic matter you aren't using. String from a couple of silkworm trees, plus the extra silk worms work. If you have saplings or leaves you aren't using for water too.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I'd personally say wait for a version or two before doing an LP, since the pack is still in a very fluid state. Pretty sure Iskandar is going to try to squeeze a ton of stuff into next update since he was unable to do much the past week due to being sick.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to hear you were sick Iskandar! Hope you're feeling well now.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The gameplay is stable. The quests are still evolving. There will be 1 more mandatory world reset sometime in the next 2 or 3 updates, and then it will be world stable as well.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
The gameplay is stable. The quests are still evolving. There will be 1 more mandatory world reset sometime in the next 2 or 3 updates, and then it will be world stable as well.
Thanks man. Lookin' forward to the "1.1" type update then. :)

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's neat. Since Iron Ore Gravel, Sand, and Dust blocks are all OreIron, you can put blocks of Iron Ore Dust into a JABBA barrel Iron Ore Gravel and convert it back into Iron Ore Gravel. Or, infinite hammering your iron since you can just cycle it back through. Works for any of the Ex Nihilo ore blocks as well. Don't know what to do about that really, hopefully the Autonomous Activator recipe and EntityScent spam will deter people from automating this, otherwise it's basically infinite resources. Are you able to edit the OreDictionary entries?

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
eeehhhhh That seems a whole lot of effort for very limited gains, especially given that those same resources are literally all around you. Or once you get automated gravel production going are start and forget for infinite supply.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
This is why I had to take an axe the cfg. It's locked so people don't go switching over to cheat mode; you have to unlock it in the config file.
still not seeing what the problem is. i have tryed both 1.8 and 1.9 and in both on the NEI option screen in you just switch it to world instead of global it will switch you into and out of cheat mode? Unless you just want it done reg on global. i see no reason to keep messing with the confg file every copy release when you can just press one button?[DOUBLEPOST=1404790984][/DOUBLEPOST]
You get pebble stone from dirt on server but at start when you have little dirt and want to save it for either drink or farm; getting your first furnace fast is getting pebble from dust, as there's more dust than dirt to use :p
um reg ex n works that way. dust in reg mod doesn't give stone. it is just stuff he added. clearly you can still get stone unlike what you said and there for can play server. it doesn't take that long to get the dirt for the stone.[DOUBLEPOST=1404791141][/DOUBLEPOST]
i'll wait then till then stable one is out.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well that's neat. Since Iron Ore Gravel, Sand, and Dust blocks are all OreIron, you can put blocks of Iron Ore Dust into a JABBA barrel Iron Ore Gravel and convert it back into Iron Ore Gravel. Or, infinite hammering your iron since you can just cycle it back through. Works for any of the Ex Nihilo ore blocks as well. Don't know what to do about that really, hopefully the Autonomous Activator recipe and EntityScent spam will deter people from automating this, otherwise it's basically infinite resources. Are you able to edit the OreDictionary entries?
Yes, I can easily cut oreDict entries. And now I see why AgSkies did the same thing.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
There, fixed that exploit, and added High oven recipes back so you can still melt down ore sand and gravel if you want, instead of being stuck with only ore dust in the high oven.

Code freeze is now in effect. There will be no major changes to the config files from here on out, only balance and exploit fixes as needed. The next update will be beta stable, 1.1.0.

I know I asked before, but I got sick and missed it. I need 2 more beta testers, speak up please and I will get you added.

Also, at this point I am serious need of map makers. The exploration update is coming in a week or two and I, quite frankly, suck at building things.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019

Oh no a reset :( Just when I had gotten some automation going. Oh well at least I know some more tips and tricks know. :)

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
I know I asked before, but I got sick and missed it. I need 2 more beta testers, speak up please and I will get you added.

Can't really help on map making but i would be happy to test out new versions (both single and server). I could sit a bit in front of the server config to squash out server only bug :p

um reg ex n works that way. dust in reg mod doesn't give stone. it is just stuff he added. clearly you can still get stone unlike what you said and there for can play server. it doesn't take that long to get the dirt for the stone.

Pebble when sieving dust is indeeed an addition from Iskandar. The "No pebble when sieving dust" is only happening on server version. Have to check with 1.0.9 though due to some recipe changes. And I'm not saying there is no other solution, I'm just mimicking the server behavior to the single player behavior as thought by Iskandar.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
There, fixed that exploit, and added High oven recipes back so you can still melt down ore sand and gravel if you want, instead of being stuck with only ore dust in the high oven.
Ah well, that's one nerf to un-nerf again with every pack update. Just like in AgSkies.

I mean, who in their right mind would go through all this trouble to use the "exploit"? The gain from cycling back and spending time to hammer it down manually is minimal at best, especially since the hammer-fortune interaction is disabled in the configs already.
And when you get to the point of automating it, what would be the more efficient choice? Set up some system with activators to hammer the ore down - complete with a system to keep it supplied with hammers, collect the broken ores, combine it again to Ore Sand/Dust and feed it back in into the activator ... or simply add another activator or two to the sifting table and increase the output for everything(!) this way.

This nerf means you can't use the Gravel in a Pulverizer anymore, you can't use the Ore Dictionary properties anymore for sorting and processing. Too many annoying side effects as a result of trying to fix a non-issue. Sorry, but nope.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
This nerf means you can't use the Gravel in a Pulverizer anymore.

Huh. Didn't even know that recipe was there since it's not in NEI.

Anyways, my main concern was people using it in the early game. Get one block of iron ore dust and iron ore gravel, a barrel, and just hammer down ad naseum until you have enough to do Pneumatic Craft Quests. Once you can make Activators, then yes it may not really be worth it to automate that process instead of just doing additional sieving. Resources are scarce to begin with and you should be sieving to obtain them, not recycling one dust block into a stack from a simple exploit like this. Would have been easy to fix if JABBA had a blacklist for OreDict unifying, but oh well. Iskandar can choose to keep his changes or revert them, if you really feel like this fix is more trouble than it's worth.

And Iskandar, did you see my post on the previous page about the Liquid Transfer Nodes and Mining Upgrades? Right now, the Node feels like it's the endgame instead of part of the endgame, so I was hoping my suggestion about recipe changes would help it be a gradual increase in utility, rather than an extreme jump in water generation that completely gets rid of any nerfs with water.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to help beta test. Restarted a new map on nearly every version so far. Really looking forward to a few more quests to play with.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ah well, that's one nerf to un-nerf again with every pack update. Just like in AgSkies.

I mean, who in their right mind would go through all this trouble to use the "exploit"? The gain from cycling back and spending time to hammer it down manually is minimal at best, especially since the hammer-fortune interaction is disabled in the configs already.
And when you get to the point of automating it, what would be the more efficient choice? Set up some system with activators to hammer the ore down - complete with a system to keep it supplied with hammers, collect the broken ores, combine it again to Ore Sand/Dust and feed it back in into the activator ... or simply add another activator or two to the sifting table and increase the output for everything(!) this way.

This nerf means you can't use the Gravel in a Pulverizer anymore, you can't use the Ore Dictionary properties anymore for sorting and processing. Too many annoying side effects as a result of trying to fix a non-issue. Sorry, but nope.
Check your attitude, please. It was an exploit and I fixed it, just like I do with any other exploit I find. I don't leave them just because it might be inconvenient. I already re-added the ability to smelt gravel and sand ore blocks to the High Smeltery, adding back the ability to pulverize them isn't that much bigger of an issue. Which, you know, if you had asked politely instead of griping I would have handled without comment.

I'm sorry, I can't do anything about the sorting.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Can't really help on map making but i would be happy to test out new versions (both single and server). I could sit a bit in front of the server config to squash out server only bug :p

Pebble when sieving dust is indeeed an addition from Iskandar. The "No pebble when sieving dust" is only happening on server version. Have to check with 1.0.9 though due to some recipe changes. And I'm not saying there is no other solution, I'm just mimicking the server behavior to the single player behavior as thought by Iskandar.
He put pebbles in dust because he took out wooden barrel. They are back in and you get, with a simple 2 deep hole trap, a stack or so of rotten flesh. You can have 8-10 pieces of dirt by night 2 it only take 4-5 pieces to make lava. The guy that posted that comment said that he "could play" server because of that one thing. I was just pointing out that you can. Iskandar has said that he doesn't have a server copy ready yet so if you play on a server it should be at your own risk.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
He put pebbles in dust because he took out wooden barrel. They are back in and you get, with a simple 2 deep hole trap, a stack or so of rotten flesh. You can have 8-10 pieces of dirt by night 2 it only take 4-5 pieces to make lava. The guy that posted that comment said that he "could play" server because of that one thing. I was just pointing out that you can. Iskandar has said that he doesn't have a server copy ready yet so if you play on a server it should be at your own risk.

I think you misunderstood me, I'm not trying to demonstrate that you NEED the peedle in dust sieving and that you are good player that you found another solution and don't need to use it. I'm just trying to help saying that on server the peddle in dust as well as some other things are broken and i even gave a code fix. Now if Iskandar wants to remove some things, sure.
And playing beta is already my own risk, server or not.
That's not because there is another solution to get pebble that you need to let something broken on server version. I'm trying to mimick server and single version. The experience Iskandar is giving us, I'm trying to replicate for people wanting to duo or trio over the internet.
If Iskandar decide to change things, i'm going to make my server the same experience as single.

The guy that played on server got no pebble in dust and he got answered that he was just unlucky, that is just wrong. On servers pebble in dust is a config bug and nothing more.

PS: Iskandar, i already fixed some config files for 1.0.9 servers. I won't post those like last time as it seems to upset some people.
PS2: I'm open to conversations though, feel free to contact me if you want those.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I think you misunderstood me, I'm not trying to demonstrate that you NEED the peedle in dust sieving and that you are good player that you found another solution and don't need to use it. I'm just trying to help saying that on server the peddle in dust as well as some other things are broken and i even gave a code fix. Now if Iskandar wants to remove some things, sure.
And playing beta is already my own risk, server or not.
That's not because there is another solution to get pebble that you need to let something broken on server version. I'm trying to mimick server and single version. The experience Iskandar is giving us, I'm trying to replicate for people wanting to duo or trio over the internet.
If Iskandar decide to change things, i'm going to make my server the same experience as single.

The guy that played on server got no pebble in dust and he got answered that he was just unlucky, that is just wrong. On servers pebble in dust is a config bug and nothing more.

PS: Iskandar, i already fixed some config files for 1.0.9 servers. I won't post those like last time as it seems to upset some people.
PS2: I'm open to conversations though, feel free to contact me if you want those.
Feel free to send me any changes you make.

Yeah, Minetweaker tends to be kind of unreliable on servers. It helps if you put the configs in the world folder.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Feel free to send me any changes you make.

Yeah, Minetweaker tends to be kind of unreliable on servers. It helps if you put the configs in the world folder.

Indeed, I'll send over to you through MP. Is that ok for you ?