[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. Got dropped into cheat mode on my current world yet again. Time to hack out the NEI cfg so I can change it.

Mierzen

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded Crash Landing for the first time today, only to find some bugs...
After about 5 minutes of playing, my water bar started draining extremely fast. Note, I have tried to keep my thirst topped off with water bottles. Then it started draining so fast, even drinking water with bare hands (from a source block) couldn't refill it fast enough. It was on my two-player server. Both my brother and I died of thirst.
Also, we are unable to get any stone from sieving. We have sieved around 10 stacks of dust and not a single stone was dropped

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
After about 5 minutes of playing, my water bar started draining extremely fast. Note, I have tried to keep my thirst topped off with water bottles. Then it started draining so fast, even drinking water with bare hands (from a source block) couldn't refill it fast enough. It was on my two-player server. Both my brother and I died of thirst.
Also, we are unable to get any stone from sieving. We have sieved around 10 stacks of dust and not a single stone was dropped

The stone is a chance you are just really unlucky. As for the water.... all source blocks of water are salt water which cuases dehydration therefore any water put into a bottle from the source block is also salt water

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
Source blocks in the world are salt water, you gave yourself dehydration.

I haven't checked 1.0.9, so I don't know if the sifting recipes could be wrong now.

*edit* what he said ^^

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019

Filling a water bottle from the source makes salt water. There is no infinite water in this pack (aside from the super expensive liquid transfer node and aqueous accumulator). Drinking salt water causes dehydration.

No stone pieces at all? That doesn't sound correct. Press U on the Dust and see if Stone is listed as a drop.

hack out the NEI cfg? why?

Deleting any lines in the cfg causes them to regen as default values, so I just highlight a relevant section and hit backspace. Works like a charm.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

Did you fill up your Camel Pack and wear it? As mentioned above (twice :)), the source blocks are actually salt water. To stay hydrated you either have to drink normal water bottles, cold water bottles (they replenish 30% hydration) or have the Camel Pack equipped.

Did you work close to the place with the Pyrotheum? That would increase your body temperature and dehydrate you faster.

You don't get cobble stone from sieving dust. Only these small stone pebbles, 4 of them make a cobble stone. And the chance to get a pebble is around 20%. If you haven't gotten any from a stack of dust, then something is goofy in the config. But at least 1.0.8 was working fine.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Small stones are dropping from dust for me in 1.0.9 today. They are not that rare, so you should get several of them per stack. I tend to devote about half my dirt production to sieving for stones and seeds until I get a slab furnace and lava cobble generator going anyway. Then small stones become just so much junk.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but they can be thrown! Granted they do next to no damage (half a heart) but if you're in a pinch, they do cause knockback. Just be careful, they have a small (1% or less) chance of spawning a silverfish!

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019

There is a config bug on the server version and you won't get any stone from sieving dust, hence not playable however look here
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...hardcore-hqm-version-1-0-x-beta.46277/page-49 3rd post; i posted a fix that got totally forgotten.
No you don't get so unlucky sieving 10 stacks of dust and getting no stone ... :p
Hope that would help enhance your experience.

I'd like Iskandar to include those fixes for server players.

Hope that helps

Cheers

D

Deleted member 128424

When I first started playing this, I was being a noob, and died on all the maps, which deleted them. Now, I can't play the maps. D:

noobyboob2

Jul 29, 2019
In the first few quests, you get a quest telling you that you get about 1/8th of a bucket of water from a sapling... this is not true, i was testing it and you only get 1/10th of a bucket... just thought id tell you.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
In the first few quests, you get a quest telling you that you get about 1/8th of a bucket of water from a sapling... this is not true, i was testing it and you only get 1/10th of a bucket... just thought id tell you.
Yeah, I'm aware. I change things and occasionally forget to update my quests.

I will fix it for the next version.[DOUBLEPOST=1404775723][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is a config bug on the server version and you won't get any stone from sieving dust, hence not playable however look here
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...hardcore-hqm-version-1-0-x-beta.46277/page-49 3rd post; i posted a fix that got totally forgotten.
No you don't get so unlucky sieving 10 stacks of dust and getting no stone ... :p

Hope that helps

Cheers
Ah. Yeah, I need someone to sit down and modify the pack to make a proper server version. Unfortunately, I'm not that good at setting up servers.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Filling a water bottle from the source makes salt water. There is no infinite water in this pack (aside from the super expensive liquid transfer node and aqueous accumulator). Drinking salt water causes dehydration.

No stone pieces at all? That doesn't sound correct. Press U on the Dust and see if Stone is listed as a drop.

Deleting any lines in the cfg causes them to regen as default values, so I just highlight a relevant section and hit backspace. Works like a charm.
or you could go under the world button and switch it off that way? If you press e and then hit options at the top right hand corner there will be a button named global. if you hit it it will switch to world. that allows you to switch modes and turn on the buttons so they show in utility mode.[DOUBLEPOST=1404776410][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hope that helps

Cheers
you should still be able to get stone from dirt? have you tryed? you get more stone from dirt anyway. he just added it to dust to make it easier.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
or you could go under the world button and switch it off that way? If you press e and then hit options at the top right hand corner there will be a button named global. if you hit it it will switch to world. that allows you to switch modes and turn on the buttons so they show in utility mode.

This is why I had to take an axe the cfg. It's locked so people don't go switching over to cheat mode; you have to unlock it in the config file.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar and everyone. 50 pages in and still going strong it looks like!

Just wanted to pop in and ask your thoughts on the state of the pack. I looked through a couple of recent pages and it sounds like there's more work being done on quests and such. But overall, is it getting big changes at this point or starting to settle in? I'm thinking of doing a LP of it again, but don't really want to run into pack-changing world-reset requiring type of changes mid-way through.

Just wondering what the current state of things is. Thanks! :)

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
I'd personally say wait for a version or two before doing an LP, since the pack is still in a very fluid state. Pretty sure Iskandar is going to try to squeeze a ton of stuff into next update since he was unable to do much the past week due to being sick.

Also, I was thinking that the Mining Upgrade for Extra Utils item and liquid transfer nodes need an increased cost. It's currently the default 1 iron pickaxe, 4 iron, 4 lapis per 2 upgrades. Cheap to make and turn those liquid nodes into liquid generating beasts. I popped a stack of them into a node with 8 speed upgrades and can fill a Drum in seconds. They're also used to generate cobblestone faster from an item node, but the base rate can easily support multiple Pulverizers, so I don't see the recipe change impacting that at all. It's mainly to make generating water with a liquid transfer node not completely nullify all of your previous water generation the moment you get it. My suggestion is to make the pickaxe a Flux Infused one, maybe even a Destruction Pickaxe, change the lapis to Tier 3 Logic Cards, and switch the iron bars to Enderium Blocks. And also, I'd say to reduce the output of the Liquid Transfer Node recipe to 1. That ought to still make obtaining a Liquid Transfer Node worth it without removing the shortage of water that the pack is built around. It's a hard thing to balance if you want to keep in, but it definitely gives a major goal for players to work for.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
you should still be able to get stone from dirt? have you tryed? you get more stone from dirt anyway. he just added it to dust to make it easier.

You get pebble stone from dirt on server but at start when you have little dirt and want to save it for either drink or farm; getting your first furnace fast is getting pebble from dust, as there's more dust than dirt to use :p