[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to nerf the Activators, see if you can set the fake player it uses, [CoFH], to adventure mode. He can right click all he wants, but breaking stuff isn't happening.

Also, the Pressure Chamber Interface recipe makes 4, but the quest requires you to craft it twice.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friend tried out the sync mod today. I had a clone and I constructed a shell storage and stepped inside it. I choosed to play as my clone and I cut off power to the storage. When i did that the "real" me disappeared and when I activated it it was gone. My items that were in my inventory was therefore also gone. My friend also had a clone and he stepped into the storage and transferred to his clone. He later transferred back to the real self but when he did that his inventory was gone.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
So as feared, starting pneumaticraft is going to be several days of farming/exploding iron. Between the large iron requirements, and losing some making compressed iron to get your first chamber, this is taking a while. :-/ I miss having the early extruder too.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.0.7, you should have automated the creation and sifting of gravel, sand, and dust and be getting an infinite supply of broken/crushed/pulverized iron ore to then make all the iron you want before getting started with pneumatic craft. 1.0.8+ is a different story obviously.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, so I took a small break yesterday and was watching the dw20 / pahimar ag skies videos, regrettably from the pahimar side (he flew the potato jetpack twice, ok? Twice.... darwin award contestant reporting for duty). ANYways.... grump from cold (going around) and decided to take that break. Decided to jump in and play some CL and catchup my new playthrough and realize that I was either convincing myself that things were OK and being delusional, or I was used to it (like a broken arm after a couple weeks). I really hate SOL. I truly just see it as a grindy way to get you to jump through a couple hurdles w/o any benefit whatsoever. It extends that food bit w/o adding anything to the equation whatsoever. It's like a certain big huge mod that has an evil overlord as it's maker that people always feel on one side or the other of it.

I SORT of see it as having a life here in this pack since it is a survival map at it's core, but once the game rolls on, it makes less sense since you have infrastructure setup. Then it becomes more of a "oh, I have to go get another food type, ho hum". If it took into account more about the complexity of the food you eat and having less of an affect on the thing that SOL does (words hard to use today err)... As in, if you were eating pizzas or hearty breakfasts, you could feasibly spam them constantly w/o having them lose effects, since you went through so much effort to make them. bread, not so much, but toast you could spam more than bread. I don't think it does that as of now. And I think that's my biggest complaint of it. Just my grumpy 2 cents.

omg tho, I so wanted to smack pahimar so many times during those vids... hehe I learned 2 tricks and 2 trick only from watching ~20 hours of those vids.

1) using casting basins w/fluiducts on a smeltery. never thought of that.

2) once AE is up and running, I was still pulling items out and using a craft station or more likely, creating a pattern for stupid things that I only used once or twice or so. watching pahimar use the crafting terminal and setting the sync between NEI and it made me realize that the crafting terminal isn't subject to that whole NEI-doesn't-work-in-access-terminal thing and it works really well for making things onesie/twosie.

Two things, not specific to AGSKIES that I will be using in future playthroughs of all maps.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
In 1.0.7, you should have automated the creation and sifting of gravel, sand, and dust and be getting an infinite supply of broken/crushed/pulverized iron ore to then make all the iron you want before getting started with pneumatic craft. 1.0.8+ is a different story obviously.
I'm working on it.

I'm going to buff iron, slightly, in both dust and gravel. I'm going to add a machine frame to the Activator recipe, moving it to mid-tier without grossly complicating its recipe. I will also make sure at least one of the low tier quests gives you an option to get an Activator as a reward, so you can so some early automation. Best solution to a fairly ugly problem.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, so I took a small break yesterday and was watching the dw20 / pahimar ag skies videos, regrettably from the pahimar side (he flew the potato jetpack twice, ok? Twice.... darwin award contestant reporting for duty). ANYways.... grump from cold (going around) and decided to take that break. Decided to jump in and play some CL and catchup my new playthrough and realize that I was either convincing myself that things were OK and being delusional, or I was used to it (like a broken arm after a couple weeks). I really hate SOL. I truly just see it as a grindy way to get you to jump through a couple hurdles w/o any benefit whatsoever. It extends that food bit w/o adding anything to the equation whatsoever. It's like a certain big huge mod that has an evil overlord as it's maker that people always feel on one side or the other of it.

I SORT of see it as having a life here in this pack since it is a survival map at it's core, but once the game rolls on, it makes less sense since you have infrastructure setup. Then it becomes more of a "oh, I have to go get another food type, ho hum". If it took into account more about the complexity of the food you eat and having less of an affect on the thing that SOL does (words hard to use today err)... As in, if you were eating pizzas or hearty breakfasts, you could feasibly spam them constantly w/o having them lose effects, since you went through so much effort to make them. bread, not so much, but toast you could spam more than bread. I don't think it does that as of now. And I think that's my biggest complaint of it. Just my grumpy 2 cents.

omg tho, I so wanted to smack pahimar so many times during those vids... hehe I learned 2 tricks and 2 trick only from watching ~20 hours of those vids.

1) using casting basins w/fluiducts on a smeltery. never thought of that.

2) once AE is up and running, I was still pulling items out and using a craft station or more likely, creating a pattern for stupid things that I only used once or twice or so. watching pahimar use the crafting terminal and setting the sync between NEI and it made me realize that the crafting terminal isn't subject to that whole NEI-doesn't-work-in-access-terminal thing and it works really well for making things onesie/twosie.

Two things, not specific to AGSKIES that I will be using in future playthroughs of all maps.

I've eased SoL a bit for 1.0.8. Done right, you should only ever have to worry about 4 different types of food, which, given the complex variety of food you have on offer, shouldn't be a hardship. And yes, I had to give up on the DW20 AgSky playthrough. I was giving myself a headache from all the facepalming. DW20 is just so very stubborn about doing things the way he has always done them, even when those methods don't exactly make sense in the circumstances he finds himself in. I really would like him to play my mod and record it. The resulting string of deaths would be hilarious.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Getting an activator as a quest reward works. It's really to necessary with Ex Nihilo providing all your ores to not have it early. But if you can throw a ton of them out early on then it will trivialize part of the production curve.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've eased SoL a bit for 1.0.8. Done right, you should only ever have to worry about 4 different types of food, which, given the complex variety of food you have on offer, shouldn't be a hardship. And yes, I had to give up on the DW20 AgSky playthrough. I was giving myself a headache from all the facepalming. DW20 is just so very stubborn about doing things the way he has always done them, even when those methods don't exactly make sense in the circumstances he finds himself in. I really would like him to play my mod and record it. The resulting string of deaths would be hilarious.

I'll agree that your version of SOL is the best I've seen. But, I won't play BNB anymore cause of SOL alone. I know, I can just disable it, but at the same time, there are so many broken aspects of bnb now with the metals, etc... that I'm just forsaking it for now. I just posted over in ag skies thread about it as well since someone was hoping it'd be added there and I was like NOoooooo... At least in agskies, there's no monster concerns, but I once died in agskies from hunger, running on a road, running to my house to get food since I had none and didn't realize I was running till my starvation caught up to me and I literally died 2 steps from my door. I don't die on agskies and once you set something up, you don't worry about griefing or anything destroying your infrastructure, etc... at that point, once you get going, you are just grinding away at food essentially.

Hunger overhaul alongside pam's gives you the ability to eat better/less often and force you up that food tech tree for your own benefit. SOL? not so much. It forces you to walk on stilts all the time for zero benefit. I see it completely as an extender with no end in sight. If there was a benefit for this grinding and it paid off (other than the visual seeing of saturation levels) then it would balance. right now there is zero balance to the mod, thus, imho, it's broken.

the one death of pahi jumping down to surprise dw with an elevator and dw following him down to meet pahi mining the block that dw would (emphasis WOULD) fall on (emphasis THROUGH) and having dw fall to his death in the void was kinda hillarious. I told my wife that THIS is why we don't play since she'd do this exact thing to me and that I would be like "hey, what you doing over there AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". that and the twice jetpacks thing with pahimar just had me face palming.

They were both lamenting the fact that there was no BC even tho TE was there and lamenting how to do things at the beginning and I was like what? Is it just me or hasn't TE been in just about every pack anyone's played for the last year or so? Wasn't the whole april fools joke on ftb about getting rid of everything other than RF producers? :}

I did realize that it would be more fun to play w/someone on agskies tho. I'm so burned out grinding those quests out in solo. guess I should find somewhere to play online a new session or something since I just can't get myself to go through that again solo.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Actually, I can set SoL such that the more fulfilling a food is, the more times it counts on the list. Feasts would count as 8, for instance. If I then set the food memory at, say, 36, that means you could eat feasts all you like but stuff like jerky would very quickly degrade. A good compromise, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
one other thought. I've played just about every pack on ftb (exception one that wouldn't even create a world let alone run said world). I've tried all of them that I could get my hands on (alot of free time). TTPI has like the most things going for it, but the bugs. the bugs... so taking that out of consideration, out of all the packs, they fall into essentially two categories. 1) build as you want, deal with some vanilla mob (i.e. simple) complexity, but mostly build as you like and tech up modpack, and 2) updated mobs, tiered system with updated recipes, forcing you down a specific path, be it survival or otherwise. bnb, agskies, mf2, even the not updated rpg one fall into the second category and are all interesting in their own regard. When I first setup CL, I was thinking it was another wannabe till I spent my first night clueless what to do and when night hit, ran into ship and had zombies charge me and kill me and I was like wtf? restart. close off ship. repeat, daytime comes and build defenses. third playthrough, take all I learned and apply it right on first night, and so on. It was (is) a very interesting pack with some interesting changes to your behaviour. I think you did a very good job setting it up tho, at the onset, it's hard to see that.

I think everyone needs to play this pack. It's very fun to better yourself and learn what you are doing and do better on it in subsequent playthroughs/restarts. any pack that does this is doing it's job right.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure then. I think AgS 3.0.1 is running ex nihilo 1.29d, same as this pack. Does anyone else experience this bug too? Is it just me? I've tried the various commands of killing entities and none of them work. I've tried turning particles to minimum in the settings, didn't work. I've tried it in peaceful, no luck.

Did anyone ever figure out what creates all these entities? I've just run into the problem myself and don't seem to see a solution here.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. It was ZombieAwareness adding EntityScent Entity when a player breaks the cobblestone. An Automated Activator created thousands of these within a few minutes lagging the server. This appears to be a well known issue, but tracking it down was a pain. Guess disabling this is the only way to deal with it right now.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, added a machine frame to the Activator recipe. Guaranteed an Activator reward from quests. Buffed iron drop from both gravel and dust. Added a repeatable quest for a PCB blueprint. Added a recipe for the Kinetic Compressor. Made it so more fulfilling foods take up more history, you can effectively eat feasts forever, but morsels and snacks will still degrade. Overall, a lot of buffs. Not as many changes as I'd like, I was hoping to get a lot more quests done, I just got sick.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
woot woot! I'm looking forward to playing the changes. Thank you for your work in this pack.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, beta testers, please sound off. I know I've lost a few of you, i need to know who I've got left.

Ripler

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Iskandar. I found your modpack just a few days ago. Its got brilliant potential and I'm already addicted, even though i die a lot. I did find some bugs but having looked through this topic before posting I saw that they were already mentioned so never posted before this. However since you asked about how many beta testers you have. I'd like to put my hand up.

Cheers for your work on this pack.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
oh and can there be a way to say make a pig spawn egg or would that break the game?
There will be. ATM the lack of pigs doesn't break anything, and I haven't figured out a good recipe for it yet. Ditto wolves and, maybe, ocelots for those who want pets.

I will pick a few more betas in a bit.

I could use pack dev help. I could REALY, REALLY use a good map maker. I could use someone to go along behind me and double check my recipes for consistency and my quests for clarity and correctness. Basically, I need minions.