[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, beta testers, please sound off. I know I've lost a few of you, i need to know who I've got left.

still here. also, wanted to make sure I understood everything clearly. Are you still nerfing the hammer cobble ->gravel->sand? If so, what about sand->glass for smeltery? you need one for tank and I always put (not mandatory) seared glass in front of smeltery.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
still here. also, wanted to make sure I understood everything clearly. Are you still nerfing the hammer cobble ->gravel->sand? If so, what about sand->glass for smeltery? you need one for tank and I always put (not mandatory) seared glass in front of smeltery.
Nah, leaving hammers alone. It ended breaking things. I opted to, instead, move Activators to mid tier and guarantee one for early game use. A compromise, but it gets the job done.[DOUBLEPOST=1403660266][/DOUBLEPOST]
ok what about a cow or a chicken
Cow and chicken spawn eggs are, or should be, craftable as is. Check NEI.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok what about a cow or a chicken

there is I think, in fact, that might be a good recipe, using another spawn egg for the other spawns after chickens, etc... similar to ag skies. don't ask me what they are atm.

don't make a jaded iskandar wolf tho :}

edit: dirt. pigs wallow in dirt. dirt is a scarceish resource. dirt should be part of the pig recipe.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I can handle that for you. Just point me at what you want to be checked.
You'll need to go into the configs and set the HQM config file back to editor mode = true. Once you have that, you can then go in and see all the quests. Basically, making sure they I haven't missed any logical holes in the way I've laid out the quests, making sure the text makes sense. Make sure you can't pick holes in what I've done, make sure I haven't set a quest requirements such that you can't logically complete it where it looks like you should.

Same thing, with recipes, but that requires some knowledge of programming. It isn't, exactly, but the conventions are very similar. Check out the minetweaker folder in the configs. All my recipe changes are in there. It loads main.cfg from there, and then process the rest in order from that. Just make sure I haven't accidentally screwed up something unintended. Like, not that I've done this recently, make a item require a resource that you cannot get unless you already have the item.

Basically, sanity check my work.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you answered this yet, but do you think you can get permission to add the auto packager mod to your pack? AgS has it and all it does is help craft 2x2 and 3x3 recipes into their compressed forms using RF, great for the broken/crushed/pulverized ores of ex nihilo. Edit: Could also change the recipe to be a bit more expensive for it too.

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/221457-autopackager

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure if you answered this yet, but do you think you can get permission to add the auto packager mod to your pack? AgS has it and all it does is help craft 2x2 and 3x3 recipes into their compressed forms using RF, great for the broken/crushed/pulverized ores of ex nihilo. Edit: Could also change the recipe to be a bit more expensive for it too.

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/221457-autopackager
I see it. No link to mod permissions, though. I'll look into it, it seems neat.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Making note of what I've found:

BucketRemoval.cfg in the Minetweaker folder is no longer included. Could be removed.
No recipes found that break progression. All is good with the changes.

I've already completed nearly all of the quests in 1.0.7, and the last couple are the final quests. A minor issue is that the quest "Power Underwhelming" needs to be completed before you can access "The End of the Beginning". One of the requirements for the latter is to make a Printed Circuit Board, but you should have already used one in order to make a Logic Expansion Card for the Ender Generator in "Power Underwhelming".
For the quest in the Pneumatic Craft section, "Losing Air" requires you to craft a Pressure Chamber Interface twice, when the recipe already creates four interfaces. This was probably made under the assumption that the recipe only made 1 interface.
Also, for this quest's description on the right side, I suggest adding in a line about the fact that inserting and removing items via the interface does lower pressure, with larger stacks of items requiring more pressure before the interface will work. I lost some resources due to item life expiration since I didn't know about this.
Finally, and this is just my own little issue I had, the glacial precipitator quest can be unlocked early on, but probably won't be completed until much later as it requires a machine frame, and I don't feel the current reward justifies this. Maybe a Greater reward bag is in order.

Typo in quest "The Very Basics" on line 2 left side of page. "materails"
Could also reword "to get a bonemeal" to "to get some bonemeal" in the same quest.

In quest "Desperate Times...", the sentence beginning on line 2 on the left side of page needs to be capitalized.
Same quest, second portion "Rotten Flesh" description on right side of page, missing a word in the sentence "infested by can only", should have a "what" in there. End of line 1 and beginning of line 2

Misspelt word in "Cooking tools", line 4 right side of page. "ingrediants" should be "ingredients"
Same misspelling in "Stocking Eyes", last line right side of page.

Typo in the "Even Hotter" quest. First line, right side of page. "cna"
Misinformation in the description on the right side. The crucible can in fact take bits of ores; you have stated that it does not.

Minor error in Log Entry 1, second to last line. "then" should be "than"
Same error in Log Entry 2, five lines from the bottom.
Unnecessary word in Log Entry 3, close to the middle. "I made my way to out of the crawlways". "to" should be removed.
Bit of a silly one, Log Entry 4. Eight lines from the bottom, "attitude controls" should be "altitude controls". Although if your ship was temperamental this would make sense.

Typo in the Pneumatic Craft quest "Measuring Pressure". Line 5 left side, "stregth"

Sorry for the spell-check, but it does add a little bit more value to the pack if your descriptions are grammatically accurate. Overall though, no big glaring issues currently. I'll look through the changes in 1.0.8 when it's uploaded.

Reactions: cannajan and Bager

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Quest "Exposure" step two. 3rd sentence. "... can pull ther PCB..." I think it should be "... can pull the PCB..."

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Probably a silly question but how do I get more clay?
Like regular Agskies, water in a barrel, add dust. Water bottles do work for getting water into a barrel.

You can also use the crucible as a mini-smeltery by shift right clicking a faucet on it. It won't do alloys or ore doubling, but you can make metal tools that way.[DOUBLEPOST=1403676169][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quest "Exposure" step two. 3rd sentence. "... can pull ther PCB..." I think it should be "... can pull the PCB..."
Great work, btw, both you and Zero. Fixing these now.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Making note of what I've found:
Bit of a silly one, Log Entry 4. Eight lines from the bottom, "attitude controls" should be "altitude controls". Although if your ship was temperamental this would make sense.
Nope, attitude control is exactly right. Beyond that, fixed everything else.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to beta test if you need any more testers. I see great potential in this modpack.

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
2 tips for 1.0.7:
- remember that everything can be composted in stone barrel (i keep forgetting that i can drop any crops in it)
- instead of making vanila book cases for enchanting it is better to make Bibliocraft bookcases. Filling 7,5 of them with tico book do not require leather and we are saving 1 paper compared to vanila (totally saving whopping 15 sugar cane and 45 leather)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Like regular Agskies, water in a barrel, add dust. Water bottles do work for getting water into a barrel.

You can also use the crucible as a mini-smeltery by shift right clicking a faucet on it. It won't do alloys or ore doubling, but you can make metal tools that way.[DOUBLEPOST=1403676169][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great work, btw, both you and Zero. Fixing these now.
Really now...."mind coggs start to turn..."rofl[DOUBLEPOST=1403704487][/DOUBLEPOST]
2 tips for 1.0.7:
- remember that everything can be composted in stone barrel (i keep forgetting that i can drop any crops in it)
- instead of making vanila book cases for enchanting it is better to make Bibliocraft bookcases. Filling 7,5 of them with tico book do not require leather and we are saving 1 paper compared to vanila (totally saving whopping 15 sugar cane and 45 leather)
I have found a large string farm helps with dirt and you can leave the leave and sapling for water. also spider eyes will also make dirt. string take 25 pieces. Also for those that don';t know you can put 2 string on top of each other in a craft area and get woven cloth which you then can make leather armor from.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
If you want dirt it's better to go with string over saplings. You'll only rarely get enough saplings to make 1 dirt from a tree, but almost always get enough string, you can even toss the worms in when you get enough food going.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I can set SoL such that the more fulfilling a food is, the more times it counts on the list. Feasts would count as 8, for instance. If I then set the food memory at, say, 36, that means you could eat feasts all you like but stuff like jerky would very quickly degrade. A good compromise, I think.

Doesn't that screw with the beginning of the game, when you have only very limited access to food sources (which only fill a minor amount of hunger bars on top of that)? Just started 1.0.7 and I had to turn some trees into the silkworm version just to survive. And the only reason to kill zombies was the hope to get a carrot and potato to drop. Although, after that hunger was no problem anymore. Between soups, fries, salads, juice and jerky it's easy to rotate until the regular crops become available.

At least in agskies, there's no monster concerns, but I once died in agskies from hunger, running on a road, running to my house to get food since I had none and didn't realize I was running till my starvation caught up to me and I literally died 2 steps from my door. I don't die on agskies and once you set something up, you don't worry about griefing or anything destroying your infrastructure, etc... at that point, once you get going, you are just grinding away at food essentially.

What mob problem do you have? (Unless you have mob griefing enabled.) You can just spend the night in the ship and then collect the drops in the morning. And as soon as you got enough wood, simply fence off your base area, put torches whereever needed and you never need to worry about mobs again.

Hunger overhaul alongside pam's gives you the ability to eat better/less often and force you up that food tech tree for your own benefit. SOL? not so much. It forces you to walk on stilts all the time for zero benefit. I see it completely as an extender with no end in sight. If there was a benefit for this grinding and it paid off (other than the visual seeing of saturation levels) then it would balance. right now there is zero balance to the mod, thus, imho, it's broken.

If you really and absolutely want to use only one kind of higher level food, simply eat 5x3 times some low level food (Berries, Jerky, Carrots, whatever) and then switch back to the normal food. At worst it is a minor inconvenience.

@Iskandar
Just played through the first set of quests and it flows really well in 1.0.7. Around 6 hours played and only the Ender Generator, the Glacial thingie and a hunting quest (Enderman part) left from the first set.

Some minor issues only:
- Endermen are really hard to come by in the beginning, especially if you don't hunt during the night. The solution is building a mob trap, of course. But that is a couple hours in, when you have more room and enough building materials.
- This one is only my min/max mentality, but is blows to have no ore doubling until a full smeltery is set up. :) Maybe add the dusts to the AE Grinder or allow doubling in the crucible? But options are time consuming and would be obsolete as soon as you have a smeltery.
- Maybe add a rice seed to one of the earlier food quest rewards? I got it from a reward bag, but that was just luck.

And you were asking for mod suggestions.

- Computercraft
Would fit into the space craft theme, offers ways to automate Pneumaticraft later on and ... turtles. :) I know there are drones in Pneumaticraft, but I never used that mod so far. Not sure how they compare.

- Steve's Factory Manager
Would also fit into the theme with its Flowchart programming, it's just an awesome mod and not included in any major pack yet. It does simplify builds quite a bit though, so maybe make the Inventory Cables a bit more expensive. An emerald as ingredient would require the player to have at least a cobble gen set up already.
One of my favorite mods, so much more fun to design something with it instead of just slapping TE ducts into every build.

If you want dirt it's better to go with string over saplings. You'll only rarely get enough saplings to make 1 dirt from a tree, but almost always get enough string, you can even toss the worms in when you get enough food going.

Don't leaves work? That would be by far the easiest and most efficient way in the early game.

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Leaves work, but not until you get iron. Then you need to decide what to spend the iron on. To get pneumatic craft going I think you need about a 100 iron ingots to blow up.
And you've probably got it easy right now and have more then 1 Autonomous Activator. Next version will limit you to having 1 until after you get pneumatic started.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I shall be stepping down as a beta tester for the modpack due to lack of time however I'll be back in playing again once 1.0.8 comes out :D