[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Leaves will be more valuable as a water source once 1.0.8 arrives. I believe Iskandar is changing it so that 8 leaves in a crucible makes 1 bucket of water, instead of 50 leaves right now. That makes it the most efficient water producer in terms of resources. Two iron is enough to chop enough leaves for a 12-15 buckets of water. Once you have the crucible set up, and a system to feed the leaves in and extract the water automatically you are in good shape, no fuel or energy required, and less steps that dirty water or using a fluid transposer. Though the transposer is still a good option for using extra saplings, since it makes dead bushes as a by product, which can then be fed into a barrel for composting into dirt. I try to aim to get a survival generator and crucible supply up and running as quickly as I can. Then I roughly shear half my trees and crook the other half. That way I have a nice steady supply of both water and dirt and feel pretty safe on those aspects. Then I can start turning my attention to the tech trees and automating things.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
10 leaves or sapling to a bucket of water. Composting will be more efficient, but require more steps and will be harder to automate. Transposer/crucible will be faster and easier to automate, but less efficient. A good balance point, I think.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, NEI doesn't know about the presser and what it can make, unfortunately. It has 3 uses I know of: Squishing Soybeans; extracting wax and honey from Pam's Harvestcraft honey combs (which I don't think you can get); and making bubbly water from Pam's Fresh Water.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue where the crucible randomly loses 1mb of liquid at times. Not to big a deal to have 999mb of lava, just add more cobble, but when using it as a mini smeltery, coming up 1mb short on an ingot was infuriating.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there should be a quest about barrels.. i know nothing about ex nihalo or whatever but have found the pack really easy to get into just following the questbook and nei. I guess you have covered most other things in the mod but i have been saving up for a te slag machine to make clay for so long lol! About to restart like attempt 50 lol so will make a barrel!

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
How do I automate autonomous activators? The gravel just drops on the ground and we don't have a vacuum hopper like in AS.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Doesn't that screw with the beginning of the game, when you have only very limited access to food sources (which only fill a minor amount of hunger bars on top of that)? Just started 1.0.7 and I had to turn some trees into the silkworm version just to survive. And the only reason to kill zombies was the hope to get a carrot and potato to drop. Although, after that hunger was no problem anymore. Between soups, fries, salads, juice and jerky it's easy to rotate until the regular crops become available.

What mob problem do you have? (Unless you have mob griefing enabled.) You can just spend the night in the ship and then collect the drops in the morning. And as soon as you got enough wood, simply fence off your base area, put torches whereever needed and you never need to worry about mobs again.

If you really and absolutely want to use only one kind of higher level food, simply eat 5x3 times some low level food (Berries, Jerky, Carrots, whatever) and then switch back to the normal food. At worst it is a minor inconvenience.

@Iskandar
Just played through the first set of quests and it flows really well in 1.0.7. Around 6 hours played and only the Ender Generator, the Glacial thingie and a hunting quest (Enderman part) left from the first set.

Some minor issues only:
- Endermen are really hard to come by in the beginning, especially if you don't hunt during the night. The solution is building a mob trap, of course. But that is a couple hours in, when you have more room and enough building materials.
- This one is only my min/max mentality, but is blows to have no ore doubling until a full smeltery is set up. :) Maybe add the dusts to the AE Grinder or allow doubling in the crucible? But options are time consuming and would be obsolete as soon as you have a smeltery.
- Maybe add a rice seed to one of the earlier food quest rewards? I got it from a reward bag, but that was just luck.

And you were asking for mod suggestions.

- Computercraft
Would fit into the space craft theme, offers ways to automate Pneumaticraft later on and ... turtles. :) I know there are drones in Pneumaticraft, but I never used that mod so far. Not sure how they compare.

- Steve's Factory Manager
Would also fit into the theme with its Flowchart programming, it's just an awesome mod and not included in any major pack yet. It does simplify builds quite a bit though, so maybe make the Inventory Cables a bit more expensive. An emerald as ingredient would require the player to have at least a cobble gen set up already.
One of my favorite mods, so much more fun to design something with it instead of just slapping TE ducts into every build.

Don't leaves work? That would be by far the easiest and most efficient way in the early game.
his plan is to move leaves to be used in the FT with a random chance for saplings. using string that isn't really used for any for dirt and then only use leaves and saplings for water leave you more water at the start.

Please no turtles, they are so glitched right now. It wouldn't be worth putting in till they fixed them.

Endermen unlike other mobs will spawn in a 1 block space. you can make a strip 5-7 block long and 1 block wide and they should spawn it there. this is about the only mob farm you will need if you set the traps up around your base to capture mobs.

SOL is a "Railroading" mod. In D&D terms when players don't do what the DM wants them to do he ether (a.) found a in game way to get players with out forcing them. or (b.) railroad them into doing what you want making the DM deciding what the players actions will be. Using railroading in D&D is looked down upon and now the Mods pack devs have decided that if players will not play the way they want then they will make them.

My opinion is if i make a field 8*8 max then i grow 64 crops. I could care less what food item is in it as long as i can eat it and continue to have fun and play the mod pack. i don't like when devs take the easy way out and pop in SOL just to get players to eat different food. There is a ton of other ways to get players to make the right choices.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue where the crucible randomly loses 1mb of liquid at times. Not to big a deal to have 999mb of lava, just add more cobble, but when using it as a mini smeltery, coming up 1mb short on an ingot was infuriating.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Maybe this is what happened to me? I tried making gold cast of a stone tool but it never solidified, I must try this again as it would be so handy!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
his plan is to move leaves to be used in the FT with a random chance for saplings. using string that isn't really used for any for dirt and then only use leaves and saplings for water leave you more water at the start.

Please no turtles, they are so glitched right now. It wouldn't be worth putting in till they fixed them.

Endermen unlike other mobs will spawn in a 1 block space. you can make a strip 5-7 block long and 1 block wide and they should spawn it there. this is about the only mob farm you will need if you set the traps up around your base to capture mobs.

SOL is a "Railroading" mod. In D&D terms when players don't do what the DM wants them to do he ether (a.) found a in game way to get players with out forcing them. or (b.) railroad them into doing what you want making the DM deciding what the players actions will be. Using railroading in D&D is looked down upon and now the Mods pack devs have decided that if players will not play the way they want then they will make them.

My opinion is if i make a field 8*8 max then i grow 64 crops. I could care less what food item is in it as long as i can eat it and continue to have fun and play the mod pack. i don't like when devs take the easy way out and pop in SOL just to get players to eat different food. There is a ton of other ways to get players to make the right choices.

I enabled the SoL option that means the more filling meals count as more than 1 on the list. You can go 6x6 of mosels if you like, but you anr encouraged to investigate the more filling foods this way. It encourages thoughtfulness and creativity.

Computercraft is a no, sorry. If you were forced tothink up your own programs, sure. But since most of what people do is pastebin get, no and again no. I am trying to encourage creativity and finding your own solutions. Coimputercraft is decidedly counter to what I am trying to do.

Oh: Gold casts take 2 ingots worth of metal, not 1.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
If your crucible ends up with 1 mb that you can't get out, just log out and back in. Then you should be able to drain that last 1mb.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If your crucible ends up with 1 mb that you can't get out, just log out and back in. Then you should be able to drain that last 1mb.

I think it was 1mb less then needed for an ingot

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I enabled the SoL option that means the more filling meals count as more than 1 on the list. You can go 6x6 of mosels if you like, but you anr encouraged to investigate the more filling foods this way. It encourages thoughtfulness and creativity.

Computercraft is a no, sorry. If you were forced tothink up your own programs, sure. But since most of what people do is pastebin get, no and again no. I am trying to encourage creativity and finding your own solutions. Coimputercraft is decidedly counter to what I am trying to do.

Oh: Gold casts take 2 ingots worth of metal, not 1.
i was refering to the mod devs in general not you mod pack. some of them just add it to be mean, rofl

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh I love a fast shovel. Time to go toss this all into the sieve!

4ffa9f6d11.jpg

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
With 1.7 modpacks starting to be made, will this be ported to 1.7?
As soon as the necessary mods are ported. Right now, I couldn't even begin to build a 1.7 pack as there is no Minetweaker or Enviromine for 1.7.x. Until those two are up and running the answer is "I don't know".

I'm not even sure the mod pack will survive the upgrade. I'm likely going to have to start from scratch. I'm really trying not to think about that, however.

At any rate, I don't have an ETA. I need enough mods to upgrade to 1.7.x, and when it come to that kind of thing, I don't have any more information than you.

Reactions: tetshio