[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make your 1st cobble gen? Im getting mine from sieving dust, I guess thats wrong?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
To me it seems that the map seems to get easier and easier every update. which isn't bad. at the begining at like 1.0.4 I was dying every five minutes.
which map are you using? Also the more you play the better you understand the mod and that makes it easier also.[DOUBLEPOST=1403034756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, 8 leaves in a barrel > 1 dirt > 1 bottle of dirty water > furnace > 1 water bottle, is much better than 50 leaves in a barrel > 1 bottle of water.

I'm playing with rain disabled and surviving just fine this way.
when you start using a harvester on jungle tree in a 2*2 for the big trees you will start getting tons of leaves and vines. then you can use them to make a auto water system filling a tank. You can also feed the sludge from the harvester into the react dynamo with blaze power for power for your base.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
How do you make your 1st cobble gen? Im getting mine from sieving dust, I guess thats wrong?
Vanilla cobble gen at first, water plus lava. Igneous Extruder some time after that. Trying to sift dust for stones just won't cut it for very long.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
you take the clay and combine it with bonemeal in your crafting area. Then make it into a large U shape in the table. that will give you a unfired crucible. cook it in the furnace then you place it down away from any wood. Take the Blazing pro from outside the crash site and place under the crucible. this will give you the fastest melting time for both water and lava. after that get 5-6 pieces of cobblestone and right click in the crucibleuntill it is full. it will show a tool tip saying how much lava in in it. when it gets to 1000mb you have a bucket of lava. dig a line of dust out 4 blocks long and place water at one side and lava at the other. dig down one block infront of the water and there you go. each time lava touches the water it will change to cobblestone. use a pick for cobblestone and a hammer for gravel.

Reactions: LukeWUK

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
you take the clay and combine it with bonemeal in your crafting area. Then make it into a large U shape in the table. that will give you a unfired crucible. cook it in the furnace then you place it down away from any wood. Take the Blazing pro from outside the crash site and place under the crucible. this will give you the fastest melting time for both water and lava. after that get 5-6 pieces of cobblestone and right click in the crucibleuntill it is full. it will show a tool tip saying how much lava in in it. when it gets to 1000mb you have a bucket of lava. dig a line of dust out 4 blocks long and place water at one side and lava at the other. dig down one block infront of the water and there you go. each time lava touches the water it will change to cobblestone. use a pick for cobblestone and a hammer for gravel.

Thanks so much was wondering what that Blazing pro stuff as for also! Died earlier so hopefully I will get this far next attempt!

maskatchi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, no. The only reason vanilla tools exist is because I don't feel like going through and reworking all the recipes that need them. You really should be using TiCo tools. Invar tools will work, also.

As a rule, I will not offer support for modified versions of my pack. This is not to be rude, but simply because finishing the development of the pack is taking the majority of my time and energy.

Understandable, thanks for the info we will probably just go to TiCo tools then.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to stop the blazing pyrotheum from starting fires on nearby blocks? I tries using it to heat up my crucible, but to do so I had to open a hole in my 2-high wall keeping the fires at bay to put the casting table down. Which started fires spreading to nearby blocks again, making it dangerous to be near the thing. I'm just using lit netherrack to heat my crucible now.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, I may have found a dupe bug unless I killed a demigod or something in the grinder.

Last night I setup a second deep tank, much larger this time (11x11x19) to hold my mob essence. But, I have another mob trap near my entrance using vacuum hoppers that suck up xp orbs so I'm also collecting xp juice as well. I did a one time transfer of the xp juice via tanks (manually) and adding it to the deep tank (4 x resonant tanks full). then I started manually moving all the other tanks for mob essence to the deep tank and finally piped the output of my 2 grinders to that tank. last night it was like 250K xp juice and somewhere 4x that in mob essence. total tank cap is like 5832k. I had it 1/4 full last night and I was refilling tanks like 2 every 4-5 mc nights maybe at most before the deep tank addition. I went off and built my AE system and then dealing with power spikes and setup some reactant dynamos just now. started piping from them back to the deep tank and when I got there I see this massive wall of green. I've completely filled up the deep tank. So, I did the math, 5832K / 64K (resonant tank) is about 91, so that's equivalent of 91 res tanks. I don't even have that many res tanks and yet, in like <2 MC days my tank is filled? I wonder if it's an issue with xp juice living in the tank with it or something. dunno. just thought I should let u know.

btw, as far as zombie awareness and special mobs, it would be an excellent addition with one caveat. I've seen some packs that balance SM well (MF2 for example) but others that lump it in and you get hit at the beginning of the map when you have nothing with a zombie with 8000+ hp's which is completely OP and that would just fuel your masochistic tendencies which I would recommend against if you want to continue dealing with the outside world without having to do animal sacrifices every morning to just greet the world. :) ZA was best setup on BNB and didn't cause my machine to chug away lagging to hell as it did when it was initially setup.

If you add invaders then yeah, I hate you then. I dealt enough with those benny hill playing imaladdercomeclimbme to each other getting to every house I've ever setup with them. having the mobs break walls is too much since you don't know how long the player will take to get setup and nothing I've seen in those configs allow you to really setup how long till they let loose the gates of hell on you and people will totally get overwhelmed.

also, the torch / farm griefing would be problematic especially since they had a wide range in which to do it and could reach behind walls and such. This whole thing would be a big balancing act for you, but yeah, I would love seeing some better zombies and have more of a fear of going outside my walls. Right now I can go out there and unless I get pinned down by 10+ skeletons, I can withstand anything (invar armor). I haven't died once in this game. have yet to use sync ever (in any mod), so sorta wondering how it works and thinking of kissing a creeper to see it in action :}[DOUBLEPOST=1403049558][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a way to stop the blazing pyrotheum from starting fires on nearby blocks? I tries using it to heat up my crucible, but to do so I had to open a hole in my 2-high wall keeping the fires at bay to put the casting table down. Which started fires spreading to nearby blocks again, making it dangerous to be near the thing. I'm just using lit netherrack to heat my crucible now.

I don't think so. same as cryotheum. once it's in the environment, the effects continue unless you stuck it in a hole deep enough radius wise to negate any fires. I use lava for the crucibles. less lag than fire and slightly less efficiency but works fine and doesn't spread around.[DOUBLEPOST=1403049673][/DOUBLEPOST]
Understandable, thanks for the info we will probably just go to TiCo tools then.

don't forget about vaccuous (sp?) from steelworks. that is an awesome enchantment to put on axes for chopping trees and I put one one sword so that I could farm and have stuff sucked to me while I do it (without the right click behavior of the tools that places blocks). tico tools / weapons rock.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a problem using the pyro for the crucible. Just keep everything near it either a block higher or block lower, it doesn't have much horizontal range either. If you need to use slabs to get los to the crucible.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
just keep 2-3 blocks out covered with half slabs on the bottom half of the blocks. that keeps things from lighting on fire[DOUBLEPOST=1403059958][/DOUBLEPOST]
TiCo is better anyway cause he added in IG twi. the TiCo tools level up and get random enchants. they also get mod slots so you can add your own stuff to them. you can also upgrade them to high tier metals, fix them cheaper, and they don't destroy when broken.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, I'm releasing 1.0.7 ReleaseCanditate1 to my betas now. If all goes well, 1.0.7 should be up on the FTB launcher by Thursday/Friday.

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
I tied in this map nicely to Agrarian Skies. Check out the teaser below. Crash landing stuff is near the end around 17 mins in

Reactions: Pip69

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
It's wierd. If I involve the deep tank, I gain a surplus of essence. If I go direct into AE (via extracells) and store it in there and pipe it out to the reactant dynamos, I'm at a deficit. same amount of dynamos, the only difference is the delivery. very strange. When the deep tank got full tho, it started lagging my world so I disconnected it and things are back to normal, but I need to make another mob room again.

one other thing. creeper griefing is off (ty) but I didn't have enough gunpowder so I made an MFR autospawner like I've done before but I never usually spawn creepers. just enderman, blaze, blizz, cows, whatever. never need creepers. so this is wierd. I have a somewhat self sufficient setup but every so often I come back and the fluiduct above the tank servicing my spawner is missing (exploded I assume). has happened 3 times now. the room is made of wood planks, so I'm really at a loss. I've seen the creepers blow up my levers in front of spawner and grinder so I can't control it that way. griefing is not 100% turned off? how is that done anyways? what mod controls the griefing?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Iskander,
you want my link for the whole quick start play list or just the videos for your map mod pack? just wondering which would be better for you.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hey Iskander,
you want my link for the whole quick start play list or just the videos for your map mod pack? just wondering which would be better for you.
Let me have both, and I'll make my decision from there.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZ7YvEefkJh0f-fwKDeYhoGWS5H3D7_u

it has quick start on it from the other hardcore modpacks and magic farm.

it is part 1. it took 24 hours to upload and it hasn't got the 780 part up yet it takes a few hours sometimes for the hd for some reason? i am doing part 2 when my kids go out side and i'll have it up by tomorrow. it will the 1st 3 days or so just to show what is needed to start good. I.E. cobblestone generator, grass for seeds, crops, tree farm, and the like.