[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That's what I did my second-first night. Unfortunately the next evening I had almost no zombies spawning somehow.. it was mostly creepers, skeletons, and spiders. No flesh that night was enough to spell death.
Ah. Wooden frying pan, bone crook, and silkworms, maybe?

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten maybe two silk worms, by the time a tree was infested to harvest, I was dead.

I think I've just had death by RNG really.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I've gotten maybe two silk worms, by the time a tree was infested to harvest, I was dead.

I think I've just had death by RNG really.
Yeah. Oh well. I did what I could to minimize that, but sometimes you just get shafted. Beginning is really tough, and I'm not sure what else I can do that without upsetting the balance later. If you can just get to your first bits of metal, and get even a very basic mob trap up you should be good. About the only mob that doesn't drop something you can't eventually eat is creepers.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you're talking about. The zombie jerky quest doesn't involve drying racks at all.

Note that there is a difference between zombie jerky, which has a crafting recipe and monster jerky which uses a drying rack. The quest deals with the former, not the latter.

:eek: didn't notice that. I'll do another LP this time as I was just experimenting/seeing whats new on the new version.

Water funnily enough hasn't been my problem so far. It's food. There's just nothing to eat at the very start besides zombie flesh which drains your hunger like crazy if you actively attack them. Besides that unfortunate creeper incident, my only other death was due to starvation. With confidence.. I say that wheat sucks. Pray a zombie drops a potato, you get better yields on them.

I'm current trying to get back to the point I was last at.

Day 2 I had a bed so whenever I saw a horde of skeletons / zombies on my minimap, I just sleep so they die easily and pick up all the loot. Just be careful of spiders/creepers. But yeah, died on Day 4 due to accidentally submitting wheat in a quest and starvation.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
:eek: didn't notice that. I'll do another LP this time as I was just experimenting/seeing whats new on the new version.

Day 2 I had a bed so whenever I saw a horde of skeletons / zombies on my minimap, I just sleep so they die easily and pick up all the loot. Just be careful of spiders/creepers. But yeah, died on Day 4 due to accidentally submitting wheat in a quest and starvation.

I went to a fair bit of trouble putting hints in all the quest text. Please take a few seconds and read them, it will save you quite a bit of trouble. Dying because you ignored a hint or because you missed something you were implicitly warned against will gain you little sympathy. :p

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I went to a fair bit of trouble putting hints in all the quest text. Please take a few seconds and read them, it will save you quite a bit of trouble. Dying because you ignored a hint or because you missed something you were implicitly warned against will gain you little sympathy. :p

I know, ignorance will kill you and pay for the price of starvation. I shall proceed with caution this time around. :D

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
My starting strategy.
1st day light; grab all starting items. Submit 1st quest. Go out to an open area. Plant AA in ground as a centre point. Dig a 2 deep trench, and 2 high wall to protect a 9x9 area. Gather more dust by starting a trench 3 spaces further out, until night falls.
1 at night; place starting blocks over head with dust walls for a safe spot from spiders. Sieve dust for bone meal. Completes quests as you can now. Run around wall to attract mobs. They'll fall into the trench and you'll be able to kill any that survive the sun.
In day light start working on expanding the compound.
Do not plant crops. Use first 3 dirt for trees. 2 for silk and worms, other for saplings.
Keep 1 barrel for compost, the get 11 for rain. At first rain drink cold bottles and fill all empties. You should have time for the barrels to fill up twice. Once to get more clay and to stay full after rain stops.
Then build tinker tables for frying pan and mattock.
4th dirt to start seeds.
When expanding use barrels (for rain) as top when you can.
Use next 6-7 dirt to get the furnace, then your set.

Average silk tree gives about 25. Average saplings less then 8.
So 1 silk tree usually gives you 1 dirt & food.
A Water bottle only drops your temp by 0.05-0.1. The camel pack can drop it 2.0 but only takes 4 bottles to fill. Only use pack when temp is close to giving heat stroke.

W

Wolfcraftian

I'm trying to work out why the jungle sapling. If you get lucky enough and get 4 saplings you could bonemeal 4 to get a big tree and get cocoa beans, but they're are useless without wheat, plus the time to get the 4 saplings 4 dirt blocks and climbing a massive tree to harvest, would be death by hunger surely.

Still I'm sure you are hiding a trick there, wouldn't just add an item like that for no reason.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
There could be a reason, or it could a troll. You might not get any saplings back. And getting to the top would have you wasting hunger early game.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm trying to work out why the jungle sapling. If you get lucky enough and get 4 saplings you could bonemeal 4 to get a big tree and get cocoa beans, but they're are useless without wheat, plus the time to get the 4 saplings 4 dirt blocks and climbing a massive tree to harvest, would be death by hunger surely.

Still I'm sure you are hiding a trick there, wouldn't just add an item like that for no reason.
It is there as a back up in case the birch fails to give saplings. And, yes, a bit of a troll.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Grr. Ok, bit of an issue with submitting that full leadstone capacitor. It works fine in my dev environment, but works really unreliably. seemingly, everywhere else.

I found a solution that should fix it. Next update. Which will be soon.

dtherrien

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post a link to the Beta 5 map download? I died and don't want to have to redownload the entire pack every time.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Could you post a link to the Beta 5 map download? I died and don't want to have to redownload the entire pack every time.
First post of the thread, fourth paragraph. Note that it says beta 4, but the maps are identical. They get renamed each update to prevent overwriting people's saves.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Using my save from the beta 1.0.3 shouldn't break anything in 1.0.4

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Using my save from the beta 1.0.3 shouldn't break anything in 1.0.4

No. The maps are identical, mostly, from version to version. If there comes a point where that needs to change I'll post it in the change logs.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a stupid question but where is the changelogs