[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
As fast as people find ways to get infinite water, I find ways to nerf hammer it. The cauldron thing is fine. It can't be automated, and takes some effort on the players part. Nearly every other cheap way to get water early is now gone. I guess I will have to go after portable tanks, next. They are the only way to get water out of an accumulator in early game.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
As a hint, the more you are dehydrated, the higher your temperature will go. Get below 80% hydration and you might get heat stroke. Put on your camel pack early.

Edit: From looking at Tetshio's video, looks like water is much closer to correct. His camel pack was running dry , and he didn't have like a zillion sources of water waiting. Good, very good.

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
They are the only way to get water out of an accumulator in early game.

I was able to put the ex nihilo barrel next to my accumulator, which pumps water into the barrels, and fill my water bottles that way. Not sure if that falls under what you meant here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I was able to put the ex nihilo barrel next to my accumulator, which pumps water into the barrels, and fill my water bottles that way. Not sure if that falls under what you meant here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Yes you can. For now. In 1.0.5 wooden barrels will gone. Stone barrels still exist, but the cost has been raised. Significantly.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to do something, do it well.

I'm excited for the next map reset. :D

wWT2iyt.jpg

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Fun map so far. As others suggested, some small amount of starting bonemeal might be nice to speed up the tedious beginning.

On my 2nd attempt I got a halfway decent start going. Got lava, smeltery, and nearly had my first extruder up when BAM I fell in some lava. That EnviroMine is evil! My brain melted before I could cool off in a pool of water. :-( Gonna have to try this again!

weltall420

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack. I'm really liking the concept of crashing on a bleak and barren world. One thing I've found is that the Pam's harvestcraft stone sink is still a viable source of infinite fresh water costing only 3 smooth stone and 6 iron ingots. Probably should either make it not craftable or maybe tweak the recipe to say require the 6 iron a cauldron and a bucket of lava to make it a little later game item.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Great pack. I'm really liking the concept of crashing on a bleak and barren world. One thing I've found is that the Pam's harvestcraft stone sink is still a viable source of infinite fresh water costing only 3 smooth stone and 6 iron ingots. Probably should either make it not craftable or maybe tweak the recipe to say require the 6 iron a cauldron and a bucket of lava to make it a little later game item.
Yeah, I've disabled those recipes as I find them. Not sure WHY Harvestcraft had to have 4 sources of infinite water, but I think I got them all.

Oh, and partial changelog for 1.0.5:
Updated TSteelworks
Updated modtweaker
Added Iguana Tweaks
Added Extra Cells
Nerfed pulverized metals from dust
Can now get stones from sieving dust, at a reduced chance
Can, rarely, get eggs from sieving dust
End and Nether are now void
Removed wooden compost barrels
Added dirt recipes to compensate
Altered Stone barrel recipe
Altered Jetpack recipes
Added neutral mobs
Fixed a quest bug
all vanilla tools have 1 durability. Useful only for crafting recipes
No TiCo wood or stone tools: Bone and flint only in the beginning!
Sleep Hunger is now on.

Adding quests now. Expect it on Monday

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
master, they don't suspect a thing
Yes they do not *giggles*[DOUBLEPOST=1402186665][/DOUBLEPOST]
As a hint, the more you are dehydrated, the higher your temperature will go. Get below 80% hydration and you might get heat stroke. Put on your camel pack early.

Edit: From looking at Tetshio's video, looks like water is much closer to correct. His camel pack was running dry , and he didn't have like a zillion sources of water waiting. Good, very good.

I'm uploading episode 2/3 at the same time. Day 1 is a hectic day but I found a pattern so not sure if its the best way to do it but it works for me :p

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
all vanilla tools have 1 durability. Useful only for crafting recipes
No TiCo wood or stone tools: Bone and flint only in the beginning!

OK if its only bone and flint then can you add a way to get flint in the sieve (if there isnt a way already)

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
OK if its only bone and flint then can you add a way to get flint in the sieve (if there isnt a way already)
If I'm not mistaken, I believe 2 bonemeal in the parts crafter will get you a bone tool head.

I also want to ask that the first day not start at noon to make the first night a little easier
I agree!

Fun map so far. As others suggested, some small amount of starting bonemeal might be nice to speed up the tedious beginning.
The whole world is salt and bonemeal. :D

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I also want to ask that the first day not start at noon to make the first night a little easier
That was a mistake on my end. Will be fixed in the next version.

Flint comes from sieving gravel. You will be getting cobble from dust in the next version, so there you go.

I am going to go ahead and say it. The next update will feature a MANDATORY map reset. I am massively reworking thirst and hunger for better balance.

Reactions: DrakeAedus

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
noooooooooo died to spider right after i had made a pit around my base thinking that i was safe at night :( i had just completed the mob quest with an enderpearl picture

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So i know this is cheating but..... I am tired of getting pretty far and then dying so i NBT edited the world to change it from hardcore to survival. I wish i didnt have to do this but sync is to hard to get early game and early game is where i need it

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
At this point I'm trying to upload as much as I can for Iskandar's game balance but here's a preview of my base as of right now.

http://imgur.com/a/UPCAU#0

I ended up sifting dust during the day and busy killing stuff at night so that i can get the materials I need for the next quests. Still unsure if there is another source to get sulfur as it is needed for the leadstone capacitor or maybe it's one of those quests that needs to be set aside and do the other quests first. Enjoying killing zombies though.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, getting ready to send 1.0.5 to my betas. Provided that it passes through with minimal hassle I will hand this over to FTB for an official pack update. Whew.

Edit: Dev build now waiting for beta approval and balance/bug fix changes.

Massive changes coming! There are now two maps, one easy (ish, still fairly hard) the other hard. Aqueous Accumulators are no longer available early game. Quests have been altered to fit. Most, if not all, the content is now available. I think I finally closed up everything you could not normally get, including passive mobs.

MAP RESET MANDATORY!

Last edited: