[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i didnt think of the knife, but thats a good idea seeing how its ranged and melee at the same time.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I still use the needle gun provided in the early starting chest. Unli ammo from mob drops :D

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Sigh. I knew this was coming but it makes me facepalm anyway. I am watching a lot of people struggle with this modpack needlessly. As a general tip, read the quest book thoroughly and target quests for completion as a priority. You should always, ALWAYS, be working towards finishing a quest. Also, look deeper into the mods. I deliberately balanced this modpack AGAINST the same old routine I see time and time again. This modpack would kill a lot of the popular YouTubers dead, dead, dead because of that.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh. I knew this was coming but it makes me facepalm anyway. I am watching a lot of people struggle with this modpack needlessly. As a general tip, read the quest book thoroughly and target quests for completion as a priority. You should always, ALWAYS, be working towards finishing a quest. Also, look deeper into the mods. I deliberately balanced this modpack AGAINST the same old routine I see time and time again. This modpack would kill a lot of the popular YouTubers dead, dead, dead because of that.

Can I be the first to say, wwwhhhaaaaat????

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just, I'm seeing a few people trying to do something the easy way or the expected way...and it not working or not working at all well, and I'm getting the occasional complaint about not being able to figure stuff out when I know I built quests to specifically walk people through the changes.

And I can't tell you how many people are not bothering to read the quests, especially the hints I built into the quests. I've changed so many things, but look, I've given you a handy dandy hint guide to help you!

This is balanced, of course, by a lot of people who get stumped, think about it a bit, look at the quests or page through NEI for a sec or whatever, and kind of go Aha! and solve the problem. Watching that light go on, watching people figure out new and creative solutions to the problems I have set... THAT gives me great satisfaction. Of course, sometimes I then have to turn right around and go "Ah, well, that was very creative, but also more than a bit exploitative, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to go after that with my nerf bat". I'm really addicted to watching all of you who are steaming or YouTubing my modpack. I've seen solutions I would never have ever thought of. And that, that is cool.

b3thanie

Jul 29, 2019
When i ran into the water issue, I did not have the quests unlocked that teach you how to get regular water yet. Luckily it rained and i got it out of my barrels. I got the quest shortly after, but I would have died before i even knew how to get water. I probably just ran around too much or something.

edit: There is also a NEI recipe that shows smelting a bottle of Salt water makes regular Water.

BootyToast

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, my fault! Don't make the same mistakes I did. Why just barely squeeze by when you could be skating along?! Read that quest book!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
When i ran into the water issue, I did not have the quests unlocked that teach you how to get regular water yet. Luckily it rained and i got it out of my barrels. I got the quest shortly after, but I would have died before i even knew how to get water. I probably just ran around too much or something.

edit: There is also a NEI recipe that shows smelting a bottle of Salt water makes regular Water.

Yeah. I'm aware of that issue. I removed that recipe, but NEI is refusing to admit it. I'm going to have to leave a big fat warning somewhere. In bold. Preferably in a very large font. Which I'm sure everyone will ignore.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I do have to say sorry for my first playthrough, I didn't realize Iskandar was watching and commenting on my videos before I went thru all the comments. But yeah, the new gameplay got my gears in my head turning which at this point I am in my comfort zone once again to do the quests without worrying about hunger and hydration.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I guess I do have to say sorry for my first playthrough, I didn't realize Iskandar was watching and commenting on my videos before I went thru all the comments. But yeah, the new gameplay got my gears in my head turning which at this point I am in my comfort zone once again to do the quests without worrying about hunger and hydration.

Yeah, ignoring the quests until you get settled is a good way to die, FYI. Also, if either hunger or hydration or both aren't at least a moderate worry for the first 4 or so hours of playing I need to see what you are doing so I can nerf hammer it.

Yeah, while I am eternally grateful for everybody who records my modpack, I'm sure everyone else would probably rather I didn't watch so closely. Every time I do, I get evil ideas. You can thank BootyToast for 1.0.5, btw.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
At this point, I don't know if it needs some nerfing but I can setup to get renewable form of water and food in around less than 1 hour though by means of rotten flesh. I'll do a speed run once I get home later starting from scratch.

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
I have played few times 1.0.4 and it is great! Maybe because i tryed other backs with mods included it is not so hard to survive calmly but those damn mobs. Every single wipe caused by spider or enderman. Lookign forward for gameplay change in 1.0.5

Reactions: tetshio

Pink RAM

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a really obvious answer but for the quests I have to make a Grinder, however for the recipe (this may get a bit confusing) I need a Machine Frame, which needs Invar Ingots, which needs Invar Blend, which needs Pulverized Ferrous Metal and to make that I need a Pulverizer. But, for a Pulverizer I also need a Machine Frame, so i'm stuck in an eternal loop. So how do I make a grinder?

Lastly, are there any further updates on when 1.0.5 will be available for download?

BTW. Great modpack so far 10/10

Reactions: Croccy

Croccy

Jul 29, 2019
zf5f0Ti.png
Bpvfq0B.png

Found some mistakes in the quest book, in another run I found a few more but didn't get to screenshot it before I died.
Glad you're nerfing water, it's too easy to obtain.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
This is probably a really obvious answer but for the quests I have to make a Grinder, however for the recipe (this may get a bit confusing) I need a Machine Frame, which needs Invar Ingots, which needs Invar Blend, which needs Pulverized Ferrous Metal and to make that I need a Pulverizer. But, for a Pulverizer I also need a Machine Frame, so i'm stuck in an eternal loop. So how do I make a grinder?

Lastly, are there any further updates on when 1.0.5 will be available for download?

BTW. Great modpack so far 10/10
Smeltery or make an AE grinder and manually grind up some ingots.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Which ingots do you grind up? I still can't figure it out.
Umm. Far be it from me to discourage someone from playing my pack, but if the very basics like this are confusing you, you are likely to find my map more frustrating than fun. I assume a certain familiarity with common mods like TE and TiCo.

Trizoe

Jul 29, 2019
You are doing an amazing job Iskandar.

Making a popular mod pack is always going to result in much debate and questions.

Make the pack the way you untended. You're the creator and we should all be appreciative of your effort and that there's people like you that make these packs for us to enjoy.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I still use the needle gun provided in the early starting chest. Unli ammo from mob drops :D
i find the needle gun great. But you would have unlimited ammo no matter if the gun was in or not. it does take 2 gun power to reload. if it was taken out they would just use bow and arrows which are just as unlimited.