[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just a note, as I write this, I can't launch the mod pack anymore. Here's my crash report: http://textuploader.com/d1ovk
Couldn't launch the game, if anybody have a solution please help thanks!

EDIT: OK Looks like I might found out the problem. It was probably my new update for NVIDIA I installed tonight. Never thought that it could be an issue. Version is 378.49 Don't install this to play minecraft.
I've heard 3 complaints about this in the last few days. Just an FYI.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here have an alternate source for FlenixTweaks? I've recently redownloaded Crash Landing for nostalgia and am really missing this mod. The original author's download page appears to be offline and I can't find the file linked anywhere else.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Anyone here have an alternate source for FlenixTweaks? I've recently redownloaded Crash Landing for nostalgia and am really missing this mod. The original author's download page appears to be offline and I can't find the file linked anywhere else.
Try this attachment from my backups if you trust me ;) It has a "Do with it what you like" license, so it should be ok to distribute.

Attachments

• FlenixTweaks164.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 197

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

His page for his RenderTweaks mod does still appear to exist, have you tried contacting him through that page?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Try this attachment from my backups if you trust me ;) It has a "Do with it what you like" license, so it should be ok to distribute.

Thanks!

His page for his RenderTweaks mod does still appear to exist, have you tried contacting him through that page?

I did find a new page of his that links back to the original site that's missing, but reaching out to him seems like wasted effort. However, I did find a few modpacks on other launchers that had FlenixTweaks in them and ended up downloading a WHOLE modpack just to acquire that one file. =D

ardentdg

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with not being able to click the claim reward button in the quest book, now in 2 quests, I decided to just give up on the one, but it seems to be continuing to happen... i have space, it is completed, quest mode is enabled, blah blah.

PizzaMan585

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with not being able to click the claim reward button in the quest book, now in 2 quests, I decided to just give up on the one, but it seems to be continuing to happen... i have space, it is completed, quest mode is enabled, blah blah.
They aren't repeatable quests are they if they are it should still count as completed, otherwise I have no idea why that would happen, HQM always seemed stable on the numerous HQM modpacks I've played and haven't encountered such a problem.
Edit: only half read your question, it may need a block which is part of the mod (can't think of the name of it at the moment, just nei search it) to count as completed you can use hoppers or other pipes, and again other than that I don't know

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

They aren't one of the few broken quests that aren't normally shown, because they can't be completed or something like that, are they?

There was mention of a few quests that were hidden specifically because they couldn't be completed except by going into edit or administration mode and autocompleting them.

Basically with the special edit mode, you select the quest you wish to autocomplete and you're done with that quest for the rest of that map.

I seem to recall in versions with a working WAILA version or equivalent mod in the modpack, where you could see the metadata, NBT, etc. you could see if an item matched exactly, but I don't think this is your problem because you say they're complete, etc.

If it's one where you have to scroll down to see how many parts are left to complete, you might want to double check and see if you've completed all parts of the quest in question.

Hope that helps.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
there are a few hidden quest that are hidden because they need to be unlocked somehow before you can do them. Don't know anything about broken quests but this pack hasn't been in development for a long time.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019

Ok, sorry if someone already suggested this, but aren't there quests where you have to choose your reward before you can claim it? Perhaps the quests you're having issues with are these types of quests?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
HQM in this version is a bit buggy. I remember some quests that didn't work and I had to log out and in again and it was ok, once I think I had to start a new quest party and redo all the quests.

PVP_Master99

Jul 29, 2019
I know this pack is rather old and the forums hasn't been posted on in a while, but is anyone else having problems with bow zombies causing lag? They never lose agro, so when they can't get to me in my base, they lag my game immensely. This has killed me countless times due to me trying to kill the bow zombies, because my game catches up when the zombies can get to me, and a bunch of zombies jump forward.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I know this pack is rather old and the forums hasn't been posted on in a while, but is anyone else having problems with bow zombies causing lag? They never lose agro, so when they can't get to me in my base, they lag my game immensely. This has killed me countless times due to me trying to kill the bow zombies, because my game catches up when the zombies can get to me, and a bunch of zombies jump forward.

A couple of things you could try: Find which mod adds them and disable them in the configs. You may need to do a kill command to get rid of the existing bow zombies.

Set up the area where the zombies like to congregate with some MFR Grinders or punji sticks, or whatever is in the pack that works to kill them. If they're dying they certainly can't maintain aggro for long.

Light up areas where they're known to spawn and light up to the range of loaded chunks of your base.

If you've got an already existing mob trap perhaps there is a way to funnel their pathfinding aggro into it. Exploit anything that works to get them to come to traps you already have.

You could try pouring hot lava on them or hitting them with splash potions that damage them, if you don't care about the mob drops.

Build a spot where you can swing at their feet without them getting to you, you may want to insert a half slab to stop smaller mobs from getting through.

Hope some of that helps, I don't know for sure if it all would work in that Minecraft version but there should be ways of getting a handle on the situation. Use your imagination! ;)

I don't remember if Tinker's Construct is in the pack but if it is, build yourself an overpowered bow that can outrange them and shoot them all dead from afar. :D OR any bow that is in the pack and works to kill them.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

PVP_Master99

Jul 29, 2019
I have disabled them for now, but it's mostly early game I have struggles with them, so I don't know if any of the other options are feasible.

D

Drigona

Hello, my game keeps crashing and this is what is gives me if anyone can help please

The game crashed whilst exception in server tick loop
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

if more is needed please let me know

M

MrDerpyButt

Why is the sound so messed up I cant hear anything except the inside of the ship and my skin isn't working please fix it

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Hello, my game keeps crashing and this is what is gives me if anyone can help please

The game crashed whilst exception in server tick loop
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

if more is needed please let me know

You should go to http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ and if you can find the copy of the crash log that should have been generated, paste it there, then insert the link to that paste into your post. That information you pasted above isn't sufficient by itself for anyone to diagnose the error you're experiencing.

If a crash log wasn't generated, I don't know how you should proceed, except to try removing mods one at a time until you find the mod that is crashing. If you have modified the pack, please be aware that adding or removing mods in this pack is not supported, and that a lot of modified recipes will be broken or circumvent intended gameplay if you modify the pack.

Even updating the versions of some mods could break things, that's just how delicate this pack is.

I used to play this pack when it came out, and it is very tough getting past the initial setup needed for processing dust into whatever is needed, and getting your hydration set up properly, but once you get past that hurdle, and get some automation set up, it starts getting easier once you have things going properly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I used to be active in this thread for a long time but I stopped playing 1.6.4 packs a looong time ago. Recently played forever stranded and got curious how CL would fare again. getting 1.6.4 packs loaded on curse/twitch was a chore in itself since it fubars the sounds. had to load up a new instance in mmc and copy the directory over but that works great.

so many kludges we had to deal with back then lol. have definately been spoiled with mods that have matured so far in the years.

On to my question. I don't think I stuck around long enough to play the 1.3 update. so I am now on my 18th city and I'm 15k away from base and have yet to find a reactor building in a city. I assume that everyone gets different seeds now? If so, is there some magic involved in finding them? distance from base, etc? I'm fully assuming that you will still see the circular structure even if it's buried 10 deep?

or is this just rng at it's finest and like normal, I post this, and the next city I find in game will have a reactor. iirc that used to happen alot. *goes searching*
edit: city #26 was the magic number. yay :)

Last edited: