[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I was wondering why all forms of lava power generation have been disabled? That was a good form of power generation in Agrarian Skies, so I was wondering why it wasn't on this modpack?
That is exactly. The sub theme of this pack is making players think and be creative. No more doing things the same old way that has been done to death. Infinite lava power has been a thing in every pack wayyyyy too long. There are several other better methods of generating power, but instead everyone just gets lava from the nether/lava from crucibles and spams dozens of magma dynamos.

Things are set up like throughout the pack, to drag the player out of his or her comfort zone and, hopefully, learn something at the same time. As an example, how many of you knew that MFR had a needlegun before playing my pack? I sure didn't until I started digging into the mods.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly. The sub theme of this pack is making players think and be creative. No more doing things the same old way that has been done to death. Infinite lava power has been a thing in every pack wayyyyy too long. There are several other better methods of generating power, but instead everyone just gets lava from the nether/lava from crucibles and spams dozens of magma dynamos.

Things are set up like throughout the pack, to drag the player out of his or her comfort zone and, hopefully, learn something at the same time. As an example, how many of you knew that MFR had a needlegun before playing my pack? I sure didn't until I started digging into the mods.

you mean like a creative way a way i did in my agrarian skies world? a culinairy generator with a automatick good food crafter and farmer near it xD

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
On the Quest "Basic AE", detection task is not recognizing 1k storage card in inventory. I've tried a loaded card as well as blank.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, need some testers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46780505/CrashLanding112DEV.zip

This is NOT a playable version. NOT. HQM is not included. Need a few people to load up the included world and fly around in creative for a few minutes. What I need is feedback on how well spaced out the buildings are. Too far apart, too close? And how does things look? Feel fee to break stuff, some of the buildings are semi-buried. None of this is finalized, I just need a quick test of the feel, did I over do it, under do it or close enough.

Reactions: tetshio

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Man that first night where 8 creepers and 10 spiders spawned but NO ZOMBIES OR SKELLIES. XD I agree that maybe you should have the furnace quest before the armor/bone...I haven't yet made it to the furnace quest without first having to make a furnace. Also is there a Wooden Pan? The Wooden Frying Pan says it needs one, but the Pan stencil thing doens't accept wood to make it...

And the ruins look really cool!

Last edited:

Echochrome3

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, need some testers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46780505/CrashLanding112DEV.zip

This is NOT a playable version. NOT. HQM is not included. Need a few people to load up the included world and fly around in creative for a few minutes. What I need is feedback on how well spaced out the buildings are. Too far apart, too close? And how does things look? Feel fee to break stuff, some of the buildings are semi-buried. None of this is finalized, I just need a quick test of the feel, did I over do it, under do it or close enough.
Flew around, I like the additions of ruins, and the loot you might be able to find in them. I don't know a lot about the ruin mod that your using but I feel they are a little too close right now, but if you where to change the shape and designs of the ruins so they each don't all look like a destroyed pyramid, then it might work well. Maybe you have them made out of different blocks, I don't know if that is an option thought.

I defiantly like the addition though!! Its way better looking off into the distance and seeing things instead of endless dust xD

tgtiburon

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar,

I tried out your Dev build. I like the structures, but where you first login they seemed to dense for my liking. I divide the number of buildings by a factor of at least 2.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Iskandar,

I tried out your Dev build. I like the structures, but where you first login they seemed to dense for my liking. I divide the number of buildings by a factor of at least 2.
Yeah, doesn't work like that, unfortunately. I wish I could enforce a minimum distance between buildings, but I can't. It is only a chance per chunk. If you get lucky enough, you get a lot, but mostly they are 20 ro 30 seconds of flight between each one, or group.

And don't worry, there are like 15 different ruin gnerators, only a few were enabled for that build.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
A bit too compact indeed except if you want to make it like a ruined city. more "under the dust" structures would be very nice like if the wind buried some under the dust.
And it seems like the "egyptian like" civilization buried with them ancient fire spirits :p

smoothing out the abrupt drop from the base structure and the flat surface could be an idea but don't know if doable easily

Edit: Did a small "walk" on foot like if i just crashed .. yes you can see lots of structures, going from one another takes time and thus consumes water ... so spacing is not so bad while on foot. I fear that spacing more will make trip very long except if you plan it for end game and people would have jetpacks by then

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

OK just flew around i think the ruins pac Im putting together will help you out Im using all the same structures as well as a few extras and with using just the Ruins mod for generation we can set dust dunes weight high that way we will get a lot of dunes but not a lot of overcrowding of structures also the structures will be made out of Chiseled limestone and Chiseled Sand stone with block randomization so there may be two structures built in the same designee the types of blocks will be different in all structures. ill have some more samples in about an hr.

Tyqae

Jul 29, 2019
OK just flew around i think the ruins pac Im putting together will help you out Im using all the same structures as well as a few extras and with using just the Ruins mod for generation we can set dust dunes weight high that way we will get a lot of dunes but not a lot of overcrowding of structures also the structures will be made out of Chiseled limestone and Chiseled Sand stone with block randomization so there may be two structures built in the same designee the types of blocks will be different in all structures. ill have some more samples in about an hr.

*First thought* Oh yay sand(stone) without having to make it! *Ahem*

Anyway, something that came to mind since the current topic is the ruins. If they just spawn 'truly' randomly. You could have ruin of a ruin, like just a pillar or a few blocks, or even just a small pile of dust added into the possible ruin variation so as to maybe lower the density of actual ruins?

Second thought, has anyone gone into survival and actually tried to walk from base to one? (And back?) *Edit, after loading it I realize you don't have the spawn in so that's untestable* Just pondering how many new players will see one and head off for it well before they should do so or go well under prepared. I do hope you'll be adding in a new quest book entry for the ruins (that no one will read ;)). Like maybe generate all the visible land around the ship and put one pre-made ruin in sight with a spot inside that will open it up in the book? (Hidden until found of course) Though is that doable if you die on the starting map and restart? (I have no idea how that works, since it still generates the ship I assume that might work?) Just a thought.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
*First thought* Oh yay sand(stone) without having to make it! *Ahem*

Anyway, something that came to mind since the current topic is the ruins. If they just spawn 'truly' randomly. You could have ruin of a ruin, like just a pillar or a few blocks, or even just a small pile of dust added into the possible ruin variation so as to maybe lower the density of actual ruins? I haven't loaded it up yet, trying to figure that out now and then I'll give my opinion on it.

Second thought, has anyone gone into survival and actually tried to walk from base to one? (And back?) Just pondering how many new players will see one and head off for it well before they should do so or go well under prepared. I do hope you'll be adding in a new quest book entry for the ruins (that no one will read ;)), maybe generate all the visible land around the ship and put one pre-made ruin in sight with a spot inside that will open it up in the book? (Hidden until found of course) Though is that doable if you die on the starting map and restart? (I have no idea how that works, since it still generates the ship I assume that might work?) Just a thought.

Thats kind of what im doing every structure of the same layout will spawn different from the other some will have blocks missing some blocks will be limestone bricks some will be broken limestone but they will be in different locations on each so no two structures will be exactly the same

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of those structures. I feel they are too big and don't really look that good. I agree that they are too close together and can appreciate how difficult is it to change.

Is is possible for them to spawn more underground rather that on top of the land?

I always liked the isolation of the current map. The feeling of nothing else around makes you really feel alone and fits in with the lore.

I would prefer maybe one "lost" city very far away that you have to find rather that heaps of structures all over the place.

As always thanks Iskandar for all the effort you put into this pack, its awesome.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
So no one knows about the Wooden Pan or the mobs on mini-map? Sitting on N3 with no more water and at 20% hydration with no dirt but 3 iron...any advice?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So no one knows about the Wooden Pan or the mobs on mini-map? Sitting on N3 with no more water and at 20% hydration with no dirt but 3 iron...any advice?
Check your map radar settings. And no wooden TiCo tools, period. Bone works, though.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

Perhaps a stupid question, but how do we install and run the dev pack?[DOUBLEPOST=1406259373][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've never bothered making a frying pan of any kind, let alone a wooden one. I thought you needed to make a bone one. Regarding the mini map, have you checked your radar settings, mine is running fine.

I just checked you need stone, bone, flint or netherack for the pan