[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Perhaps a stupid question, but how do we install and run the dev pack?
MultiMC is the easiest way. But, really, if you don't already know how to handle manual installation, don't worry about it. Again, that dev isn't playable, the structures aren't finalized, it was just a quick check to see if I have the distribution of buildings correct. Ish. And it looks like it.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thats kind of what im doing every structure of the same layout will spawn different from the other some will have blocks missing some blocks will be limestone bricks some will be broken limestone but they will be in different locations on each so no two structures will be exactly the same
Hmm. If you want to do me a big favor and see if you can get walled cities working in the dev pack? Currently the generator mod has three options, CARuins, walled cities and giant walls. The latter two are turned off because they crash the game. If you can figure out why I know walled cities will take Ruins mod templates for its buildings. And, as a nice thing, you can specify how close the cities can be.

I can puzzle it out on my own if you can't, but any help would be appreciated.

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Iskandar, really digging the map - it's absolutely my favorite challenge map thus far. I've died and restarted it about a half dozen times now, and I just died last halfway through the pneumaticraft line because I got too cocky and was swarmed by mobs when I was modifying my mob farm. If you don't mind, I have a few comments:

- 1.1.1 is a lot harder than 1.1.0 due to the much less monster spawning. I've adapted to not relying on rotten flesh for my food and water, but having bones be scarce from lack of skeletons is a real killer. Of my last few attempts, I have to wait 2-3 in-game days in order to have the four bones for the bone crook. By this time I've already progressed my infrastructure to furnaces, so it seems kind of silly to have to make a second furnace later on just to satisfy the quest requirements. If I may make a suggestion, it would make more sense to me to replace the bone crook with a wooden crook, or to move the "Firing it Up" quest to only have "The Very Basics" as a prerequisite, and to have "Even Hotter" require both "Firing it Up" and "Tools of the Trade" before it can be completed.

- I'm not sure if you know, but once you get two iron for shears all of your water issues are absolutely trivialized. "Melting Leaves!?" implies you should melt leaf blocks in a crucible, but instead if you put them in a barrel they behave identically to saplings - so a single tree will get you 2-3 dirt at a minimum. It does eat through your iron pretty quickly, but usually once I have enough stones for the furnace I have a fair bit of iron left over. Is it intended to be this easy with shears?

Check your map radar settings. And no wooden TiCo tools, period. Bone works, though.
- Strange, because in my 1.1.1 maps I regularly make a wooden TiCo shovel on day 1. Also vanilla wooden tools can still be constructed, but they only have 1 durability. This is especially useful to make a hoe to plant your first rice seed. Are these recipes intended?

- I looked at the 1.1.2 dev map and imho the structures are far too densely packed together. I took an image - I'm standing on one structure and I can see 9 with only far rendering settings turned on. I personally think it would be nice if they were quite uncommon (not as far apart as villages on a vanilla minecraft flatland map are placed) but it's definitely your map. http://imgur.com/5HPUo7C

Thanks again for making this awesome map, and I really am looking forward to 1.1.2! :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hi Iskandar, really digging the map - it's absolutely my favorite challenge map thus far. I've died and restarted it about a half dozen times now, and I just died last halfway through the pneumaticraft line because I got too cocky and was swarmed by mobs when I was modifying my mob farm. If you don't mind, I have a few comments:

- 1.1.1 is a lot harder than 1.1.0 due to the much less monster spawning. I've adapted to not relying on rotten flesh for my food and water, but having bones be scarce from lack of skeletons is a real killer. Of my last few attempts, I have to wait 2-3 in-game days in order to have the four bones for the bone crook. By this time I've already progressed my infrastructure to furnaces, so it seems kind of silly to have to make a second furnace later on just to satisfy the quest requirements. If I may make a suggestion, it would make more sense to me to replace the bone crook with a wooden crook, or to move the "Firing it Up" quest to only have "The Very Basics" as a prerequisite, and to have "Even Hotter" require both "Firing it Up" and "Tools of the Trade" before it can be completed.

- I'm not sure if you know, but once you get two iron for shears all of your water issues are absolutely trivialized. "Melting Leaves!?" implies you should melt leaf blocks in a crucible, but instead if you put them in a barrel they behave identically to saplings - so a single tree will get you 2-3 dirt at a minimum. It does eat through your iron pretty quickly, but usually once I have enough stones for the furnace I have a fair bit of iron left over. Is it intended to be this easy with shears?

- Strange, because in my 1.1.1 maps I regularly make a wooden TiCo shovel on day 1. Also vanilla wooden tools can still be constructed, but they only have 1 durability. This is especially useful to make a hoe to plant your first rice seed. Are these recipes intended?

- I looked at the 1.1.2 dev map and imho the structures are far too densely packed together. I took an image - I'm standing on one structure and I can see 9 with only far rendering settings turned on. I personally think it would be nice if they were quite uncommon (not as far apart as villages on a vanilla minecraft flatland map are placed) but it's definitely your map. http://imgur.com/5HPUo7C

Thanks again for making this awesome map, and I really am looking forward to 1.1.2! :)
Progression isn't ideal, I'm aware. Hmm, and I forgot about the shovel. Not sure, but it might be the only wooden tool available, as it is also the most useless.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC is the easiest way. But, really, if you don't already know how to handle manual installation, don't worry about it. Again, that dev isn't playable, the structures aren't finalized, it was just a quick check to see if I have the distribution of buildings correct. Ish. And it looks like it.
Ok, thanks. Have you considered adding tech based ruins? the maps fluff suggests that the sensors really didn't pick up anything and If there where ruins I'd argue they should be extremely rare. That said, the mothership has recently been destroyed.

I'm imagining coffin shaped life pods containing a dispenser that fires a single zombie egg as the player approaches and a chest containing basic survival gear..... perhaps a needle gun, bit of ammo, a little jerky, a bit of water and perhaps another hydration pack

of course far rarer may be other shuttle craft or pieces of the mothership itself. obviously with random ruins it'll break the game if you find say two bridges, but if the spawn rate was low enough that is less likely to occur, and if someone plays long enough to find two extremely rare drops...... perhaps a rescue ship bit the dust as well.

Rather enjoying the pack btw

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
Progression isn't ideal, I'm aware. Hmm, and I forgot about the shovel. Not sure, but it might be the only wooden tool available, as it is also the most useless.
I find it pretty useful myself, as I use it to routinely get 3-4 stacks of dust before the first nightfall. Sure you have to repair it a few times, but it only takes 2 sticks each time. Plus if you're lucky you'll get a reinforced upgrade on it or something.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. If you want to do me a big favor and see if you can get walled cities working in the dev pack? Currently the generator mod has three options, CARuins, walled cities and giant walls. The latter two are turned off because they crash the game. If you can figure out why I know walled cities will take Ruins mod templates for its buildings. And, as a nice thing, you can specify how close the cities can be.

I can puzzle it out on my own if you can't, but any help would be appreciated.

already ahead of you iv got a template for one of the large walled cities however because of its size i cant use all of it so no catacombs but im still going through it and fixing it up to adjust and it will only genarat once per world it will be worth it to find it but remember there's a reason its abandon . Also some new pics the village is still wip once finished ill copy it an blow it up a cpl times to get 2 or 3 ruined villages to go with the city http://slady020482.imgur.com/
i got a pretty good generator code now so let me know what you think of the textures so i can finish the rest[DOUBLEPOST=1406261169][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, thanks. Have you considered adding tech based ruins? the maps fluff suggests that the sensors really didn't pick up anything and If there where ruins I'd argue they should be extremely rare. That said, the mothership has recently been destroyed.

I'm imagining coffin shaped life pods containing a dispenser that fires a single zombie egg as the player approaches and a chest containing basic survival gear..... perhaps a needle gun, bit of ammo, a little jerky, a bit of water and perhaps another hydration pack

of course far rarer may be other shuttle craft or pieces of the mothership itself. obviously with random ruins it'll break the game if you find say two bridges, but if the spawn rate was low enough that is less likely to occur, and if someone plays long enough to find two extremely rare drops...... perhaps a rescue ship bit the dust as well.

Rather enjoying the pack btw
Iv thought about adding some tec stuff to the villages and city but will have to ask Iskandar also with the ruins mod chest are random and as far as traps do to rotational problems they dont work half the time

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Iskandar what about adding some tec stuff to a village maybe a auto activator a red stone furnace and a pulverizer in a one per world village and maybe some stuff in the big city

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't a magic mod in this? You could put 'magic stuff' in the ruins. Might be flavorful as the aliens would have different tech than us. ^^

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
already ahead of you iv got a template for one of the large walled cities however because of its size i cant use all of it so no catacombs but im still going through it and fixing it up to adjust and it will only genarat once per world it will be worth it to find it but remember there's a reason its abandon . Also some new pics the village is still wip once finished ill copy it an blow it up a cpl times to get 2 or 3 ruined villages to go with the city http://slady020482.imgur.com/
i got a pretty good generator code now so let me know what you think of the textures so i can finish the rest[DOUBLEPOST=1406261169][/DOUBLEPOST]
Iv thought about adding some tec stuff to the villages and city but will have to ask Iskandar also with the ruins mod chest are random and as far as traps do to rotational problems they dont work half the time
Eh, if you can get the actual walled city to generate without crashing the game that would be helpful. I can then use any templates you can come up with as buildings inside the city. For right now, it is crashing...and I have no idea why.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
It'd be nice if there was a mod allowing you to customize strongholds..... but then I don"t write mods, Mojang may not have made such a modification "easy".

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, if you can get the actual walled city to generate without crashing the game that would be helpful. I can then use any templates you can come up with as buildings inside the city. For right now, it is crashing...and I have no idea why.

Yea got the sandstone city to gen and made a copy of it from the ground up now im going through it to prep it so i can convert it to Ruins, like i said i should have most of it done tomorrow and i can send you the files. Once you get them ill need you to create a test world and check them out if you think they need more spawners or chest just put red clay "for chest" and black clay "for spawners" where you want them then mark structures you change with a stone pillar then send me the test world with any other thoughts you might have so i can finalize them. Also do the textures work for you?

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Diary,

Day 1: I find myself on a strange planet, unbearably hot and composed primarily of a rocky dust material. My ship seems completely destroyed, and there is fuel leaking from the engine. I salvage what I can and build a small shelter out a bit from the downed craft. I plant one of my only 2 saplings into the ground in the middle of my tiny 'fortress,' if it can even be called that. It's merely dust and wood as walls...The tree grows healthily, thanks to some fertilizer I was able to scavenge. As night falls I sift through the dust, looking for anything to help me survive on this barren planet.

Day 2: Today passed by extremely quickly...I was able to attain a small amount of meat, but it is definitely not going to last long. I also managed to expand to 2 trees, though they are precariously placed on the roof. Tonight may bode ill.

Day 3: The night was rough...a baby zombie got in and nearly killed me. While desperately fighting him off, 2 creepers walked in as well. But I'm still alive! In tending to the trees by the light of a single glowing stone, I was sniped not once, but twice, taking minor injuries in the process. I also heard a massive explosion, and doing a perimeter search showed that the fuel had ignited, leaving a massive crater. In addition, one of my trees has been infected with silkworms! Both food and water are starting to run perilously low...

Good luck with the Ruin stuff! It sounds awesome and I'm sure we all appreciate it! :D To continue!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yea got the sandstone city to gen and made a copy of it from the ground up now im going through it to prep it so i can convert it to Ruins, like i said i should have most of it done tomorrow and i can send you the files. Once you get them ill need you to create a test world and check them out if you think they need more spawners or chest just put red clay "for chest" and black clay "for spawners" where you want them then mark structures you change with a stone pillar then send me the test world with any other thoughts you might have so i can finalize them. Also do the textures work for you?

I think we are talking at cross purposes. The WalledCity generator is capable of generating random cities based off of Ruin Templates. Instead of using Ruins to generate that city, I'd rather have WalledCity generate the cities. Ruins may be capable of randomizing the blocks, but WalledCities is capable of randomizing entire cities based off a pool of templates.

What I need is enough building templates to make that work, which is exactly what you have been doing. In fact, what you are doing is something I can't, I have trouble building good looking structures, and what you have so far is awesome.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if this is possible but for the last a final thing in the story (before escaping) there should be a way yo terraform the world to say a forest biome so that infinite water is achievable and then we could just right click water as we are running along or what ever... I am just saying this cause its getting annoying drinking bottles of water when im using my jetpack

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I think we are talking at cross purposes. The WalledCity generator is capable of generating random cities based off of Ruin Templates. Instead of using Ruins to generate that city, I'd rather have WalledCity generate the cities. Ruins may be capable of randomizing the blocks, but WalledCities is capable of randomizing entire cities based off a pool of templates.

What I need is enough building templates to make that work, which is exactly what you have been doing. In fact, what you are doing is something I can't, I have trouble building good looking structures, and what you have so far is awesome.

Ok i can under stand what your wanting to do but with this being a flat world we will have a problem with over crowding using the Generator mod and Ruins thats why iv been copping structures from the Generator mod to the Ruins mod that way we will have more control over the spawn and with the walled city's being so large we dont want more than one or two big city per world any ways. What i can do is find another city and make one a sand stone city and one a lime stone city they will have different layouts but they will only be one of each per world, then i can take some random vanilla villages change them up, that way between my custom village the vanilla villages and the Big cities we will have a world with about 15 different villages and two Super cities as well as some dungeons and a lot of dunes it may take an extra day but it would be worth it. As far as my building goes i havent built anything iv taken structures from both modes and just changed the code to generate with different blocks

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hey everybody! For some odd reason I'm having difficulties using SFM to refill camel packs. I know I have the in/outs correct because I see it take out water bottles and put them back but for some reason the crafter isn't crafting them together. Anybody else had trouble. And I do like the ruins.

Also, my idea on carpenters blocks still stands Iskandar I think the unique look they can bring will add to building a base and adds some functionality to doors.

I just started a new 1.1.1 world and am real excited having SFM in. I just found SFM about 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying myself immensely. I think I used visio too much in a former life. I think it's one of the more interesting utility mods second only to AE but in some ways better since you can set it up cheaper and earlier and well, it's just friggin awesome.

With that, I've been able to setup something so it makes all my water either from saplings or leaves using crucible and/or dirt -> furnace, then fills up bottles or furnaces them and dumps them into a chest. If I throw a completely empty camel pack into that same chest, in about half second 4 bottles disappear to be used again for more processing and the full pack is in there. It's bugged tho since if there are multiple packs in chest, it just stops but I'm sure it's my problem (input filter). It also doesn't work on anything less than empty. When I have some time I'll toy with it more, but it is doable. Just dump your inventory into a chest, put just a full and empty pack in your inventory, and when you are setting filters, use .inv and choose the appropriate ones and you're good to go.

Another thing: I'm trying to get lettuce. pam's config shows it drops on grass but I've dumped 5 stacks of bonemeal on grass and all I get are the actual products (i.e. rasberrys, etc...) which of course I can convert to seeds, saplings and that's it. I haven't gotten a single seed and since the only products that drop are berries/plants, I won't find a loose lettuce ever. I'm seeing no seed drops whatsoever. Is this a nerf by the supreme buzzkill? :rolleyes:

Also, when you die during sync is it SUPPOSED to shoot you into the stratosphere or did I bug out? Never died using sync before but I stupidly jumped fence and tried to handle 10-20 zombies on my own w/o armor cause I spent last hour killing them at drop of mob room and think I got cocky. that was bizzarre. I thought I had galacticraft installed at first and jumped into my rocket.

I've got like at least 12-14 foods all stocked in the 20's-full stack and working my way up, so the setup with SOL is definately working out. Using bibliocraft shelves and when I use up one I stick it on right side and work on left one and then clean up every so often. it'd be nice if VSWE worked only on SFM from now on *hehe* I LOVE THIS MOD. incorporate EVERYTHING. hehe I'd love to see the shelves auto arrange based on my food usage. have I mentioned I love SFM? I l-o-v-e SFM. If I had FB acct, I'd change my married to wife to married to SFM which might come off wierd. (single female male?) ick. nm