[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
is there an way to make my server non hardcore on crash landing cause it kinda sucks when me or my freind dies and then i have to resart to the server from scratch ugh and possibly how to make lives.:)
As far as lives, look into Sync..... it's not early game, but it's on my list to explore[DOUBLEPOST=1406232315][/DOUBLEPOST]
As far as lives, look into Sync..... it's not early game, but it's on my list to explore
*wipes away a tear* everything was coming along nicely till some idiot failed to block up a partially lighted work area and of course my back was turned, right next to a sound muffler.......RIP, I wonder who could have left that hole open?

I think Herobrine paid me a visit........

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
It is quit possible to get plenty of drops with neither ZA or a dark room I mentioned my technique above. I'd think most of us will eventually want a dark room with grinder, but it really is not difficult getting beyond early game without.
Skeletons don't Aggro from huge distances or use a horde mechanic. The problem is definitely not a lack of food, between zombies and silkworms. But try following the quest progression naturally. You can not do anything involved in one of the quests until that quest is unlocked. No furnace until you make a stone hammer, bone crook, bone dagger parts, and a full set of wood armour. It's... Well, pretty tricky or downright impossible. The time required and the dehydration per minute are just too much. :x Sure you can make more dirt to plant more saplings, but even with 20 of them in a compact 5x5 farm when I was playing on the old map, I was usually off sifting or crucible-melting and just chopped anything that would happen to grow. Without shears, there's no way that can be a reliable source of water via saplings into fluid transposer. You just need that bone meal, and thanks to Dinnerbone it takes way too much per tree now. :x

This is all going to be moot for anyone who makes a dark room, even a tiny one. And it sounds like ZA is coming back in the next version, anyways. I'm just musing about possibilities, order of quest progression, and survival techniques. There are always new tricks to learn. I'm curious what opinions are on the most efficient bone meal to compost yield. 16 bone meal for one dirt from rice, how does that compare to infested birch or infested oak?

If you have any other advice, I'll give it a try. Part of the fun of additional challenges is finding clever ways to overcome these hurdles without compromising 'the rules'.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
OK Iv been working on a custom set of ruins for this mod pac using AtomicStrykers Ruins mod and to save time Im using structures from CaRuins and AtomicStrykers and just re texturing them how ever Im running into a problem with block rotation on stairs, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Any help would appreciated if i can fix this today i can send the the files to Iskandar for review tomorrow. Here's a few sample building http://slady020482.imgur.com/ what do you think?

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I finally got one red dye, and was able to craft the seed. But it wont let me plant it on dirt as you have to throw it onto netherrack, And I tried going to the nether but there is nothing there, guessing because of the ocean biome. So is there a way to get netherrack that I do not know of?
Stone barrel, lava, redstone. Replacing the redstone with glow stone gets you end stone. Read up on ex nihilo and ex aliquo mods, lots of useful stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1406235653][/DOUBLEPOST]
is there an way to make my server non hardcore on crash landing cause it kinda sucks when me or my freind dies and then i have to resart to the server from scratch ugh and possibly how to make lives.:)
Choose the easy path, get sync constructors. And as long as both of you don't die, you should just be able to unban the dead one and come back in.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Skeletons don't Aggro from huge distances or use a horde mechanic. The problem is definitely not a lack of food, between zombies and silkworms. But try following the quest progression naturally. You can not do anything involved in one of the quests until that quest is unlocked. No furnace until you make a stone hammer, bone crook, bone dagger parts, and a full set of wood armour. It's... Well, pretty tricky or downright impossible. The time required and the dehydration per minute are just too much. :x Sure you can make more dirt to plant more saplings, but even with 20 of them in a compact 5x5 farm when I was playing on the old map, I was usually off sifting or crucible-melting and just chopped anything that would happen to grow. Without shears, there's no way that can be a reliable source of water via saplings into fluid transposer. You just need that bone meal, and thanks to Dinnerbone it takes way too much per tree now. :x

This is all going to be moot for anyone who makes a dark room, even a tiny one. And it sounds like ZA is coming back in the next version, anyways. I'm just musing about possibilities, order of quest progression, and survival techniques. There are always new tricks to learn. I'm curious what opinions are on the most efficient bone meal to compost yield. 16 bone meal for one dirt from rice, how does that compare to infested birch or infested oak?

If you have any other advice, I'll give it a try. Part of the fun of additional challenges is finding clever ways to overcome these hurdles without compromising 'the rules'.
Without ZA bones can a slight problem, but before I just had to restart *wipes tear* I had stacks of them. My trick was to have "windows" (half slabs blocking 1X1 holes) around my overnight workrooms, periodically I'd walk the perimeter agroing any skeletons within range and retreating to my "basement" in trying to reach the lower area they'd jump into the kill pits.... rinse and repeat. Yes a dark room grinder was on the list, and I probably should have built it sooner, but I've never had a serious issue getting enough bones to progress.

And yes the first few days tend to be a bit difficult, but I kind of think that's the point.

FYI, compact tree farms are the last thing you want in this pack, you desperately need the leaf blocks.

Shears come very quickly in this pack..... I do tend to build the slab furnace far before its called for in the book, but that quest doesn't take an inexorable time to get to.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Without ZA bones can a slight problem, but before I just had to restart *wipes tear* I had stacks of them. My trick was to have "windows" (half slabs blocking 1X1 holes) around my overnight workrooms, periodically I'd walk the perimeter agroing any skeletons within range and retreating to my "basement" in trying to reach the lower area they'd jump into the kill pits.... rinse and repeat. Yes a dark room grinder was on the list, and I probably should have built it sooner, but I've never had a serious issue getting enough bones to progress.

And yes the first few days tend to be a bit difficult, but I kind of think that's the point.

FYI, compact tree farms are the last thing you want in this pack, you desperately need the leaf blocks.

Shears come very quickly in this pack..... I do tend to build the slab furnace far before its called for in the book, but that quest doesn't take an inexorable time to get to.
The compact tree farm was later in that playthrough, I no longer needed trees for anything but wood (I, uhm, tend to mass produce stone bricks, and that takes a lot of charcoal). I space my crooking trees out as long as I have room. This map has no problems with walking and building area! :)

The problem with luring skeletons at night is that hostile mobs will not spawn within 24 blocks of the player, and their Aggro range is shorter than that. With zombies amassing around the player, that hits the spawn cap hard. I'd be open to suggestions for different ways to build my shelter before the first night in order to have better skeleton luring and/or automatic zombie 'pacification'. For now, I'm trying to figure out a reasonable balance for how many bones I should be braving the night to collect vs. sifting dust for extra stones. Right now, by the time I get to the furnace I I'm already well into the dehydration death spiral due to lack of bone meal. I either need the furnace sooner or for the bones to keep me cool longer. :(

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully @Iskandar can use Mob Properties to increase the Aggro range of the mobs. That'll let us turn off ZA if we get lag or want a different challenge. Just watch out for the Creepers riding on bats. Or the baby mobs riding on cave spiders.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The compact tree farm was later in that playthrough, I no longer needed trees for anything but wood (I, uhm, tend to mass produce stone bricks, and that takes a lot of charcoal). I space my crooking trees out as long as I have room. This map has no problems with walking and building area! :)

The problem with luring skeletons at night is that hostile mobs will not spawn within 24 blocks of the player, and their Aggro range is shorter than that. With zombies amassing around the player, that hits the spawn cap hard. I'd be open to suggestions for different ways to build my shelter before the first night in order to have better skeleton luring and/or automatic zombie 'pacification'. For now, I'm trying to figure out a reasonable balance for how many bones I should be braving the night to collect vs. sifting dust for extra stones. Right now, by the time I get to the furnace I I'm already well into the dehydration death spiral due to lack of bone meal. I either need the furnace sooner or for the bones to keep me cool longer. :(

you realize that dirt provides a far higher drop rate for stones right?

Are you using bones for bonemeal? I don't think I've ever had to... the drop rate from sifting isn't "that" bad.

I have a hard time collecting mass bones with the first night pits but can generally lure in two or three. I also get several bones most nights by making a circuit around the base every morning...... I know you're saying its "impossible" without a dark room, but I've done so on several maps now.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
you realize that dirt provides a far higher drop rate for stones right?

Are you using bones for bonemeal? I don't think I've ever had to... the drop rate from sifting isn't "that" bad.

I have a hard time collecting mass bones with the first night pits but can generally lure in two or three. I also get several bones most nights by making a circuit around the base every morning...... I know you're saying its "impossible" without a dark room, but I've done so on several maps now.
On the new map, I'm lucky if I find a single bone at dawn. Not sure why. I know that dirt has a higher drop rate for stones, but saplings are the only source of water until I get those 4 bones for a crook and unlock the quest for the slab furnace. While first experimenting without ZA, I was dividing saplings between the barrel and the transposer, but now I've moved toward more infested trees and it seems more practical. I've never bothered with silkworms before because I didn't play Agrarian Skies, I just used Ex Nihilo with the Wasteland worldgen mod.

Still, digging up and sifting a stack of dust takes the better part of a Minecraft day, and nets so little bone meal. It takes so much of the stuff to get all 24 logs needed for that armour. That's why I've been spamming dirt in that sieve! I can get dirt so easily, what I need is the ability to smelt dirty water. :C

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, I will be using CARuins for the structures. I will probably be using Ruins for dunes and other small terrain features.

I will post examples of what you can expect here in a minute s I finalize things.

Reactions: Deathmint

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I will be using CARuins for the structures. I will probably be using Ruins for dunes and other small terrain features.

I will post examples of what you can expect here in a minute s I finalize things.

OK Iv been working on a custom set of ruins for this mod pac using AtomicStrykers Ruins mod and to save time Im using structures from CaRuins and AtomicStrykers and just re texturing them how ever Im running into a problem with block rotation on stairs, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Any help would appreciated if i can fix this today i can send the the files to Iskandar for review tomorrow. Here's a few sample building http://slady020482.imgur.com/ what do you think?

Not sure if you saw if so what do you think?

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019

Sexy. I'm already out there poking skeletons, it'll be great to have Things to explore.

Gaara198

Jul 29, 2019
HELP
I need help solving a little problem. Maybe you did it on purpose but i can´t seem to find a way to build any tool that needs a large plate ( I'm talking about Tinker's Construct). The problem is that there isnt a material do fill on the large plate pattern. I can't even do the blanc cast of it but till now i havent been able to do it with obsidian, stone, bone, netherack. I checked on the Nei and there is a bone large plate ( bone is just an example). But then, when i try to craft a bone large plate it just doesnt work. I would really apreciate if you could answer me.
Keep up the good work

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure if you saw if so what do you think?
I like it, and will probably use some of it. That said, Ruins alone doesn't provide enough variety...and you more or less have to hand build each one. CARuins is the way to go, and I will break things a bit to get it working. I think Ruins is best suited to things that can be repeated. Dunes and hills, rock outcroppings and craters. If you want to take that and run with it, it would help.[DOUBLEPOST=1406244314][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, 15 different generator settings for CARuins. 15. I'm testing each one for suitability. enable, start minecraft, make new world, fly around for a bit, close. enable the next... Still I am VERY excited about how this is working.

Reactions: tetshio

tgtiburon

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of 1.12 tonight? I am leaving my internet behind for a week tomorrow, and would not mind having the newer Crash Landing to play around with :) This pack is quickly becoming my FAVORITE mod pack. Great work Iskandar!

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I like it, and will probably use some of it. That said, Ruins alone doesn't provide enough variety...and you more or less have to hand build each one. CARuins is the way to go, and I will break things a bit to get it working. I think Ruins is best suited to things that can be repeated. Dunes and hills, rock outcroppings and craters. If you want to take that and run with it, it would help.

I know thats why im using both. In the pic two of them are from Ruins and the others are from CA also with Ruins if you setup multiple blocks in the template no two structures will be the same for example two of the same structures will spawn different some blocks will be missing from one but not the other also random blocks will change to different types. Right now i have about 15 structures set up to be created and iv planed to use one of the the great waled cities as a one time structure as well as about 2 or 3 smaller custom small villages in various states of ruin. Right now the problem im having is stairs rotated wrong way in some structures however i dont think theres a way to fix that because even in the standard Ca and Ruins there wrong in some structures. One last thing the marble house is gone it was just to bright to fit with the other buildings. I can have the file to you by tomorrow morning whats the best way for me to send them to you

Echochrome3

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why all forms of lava power generation have been disabled? That was a good form of power generation in Agrarian Skies, so I was wondering why it wasn't on this modpack?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why all forms of lava power generation have been disabled? That was a good form of power generation in Agrarian Skies, so I was wondering why it wasn't on this modpack?

Too easy. He doesn't want things that easy to just setup and walk away from and never come back.