[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
You will want to make wood barrels as soon as you can, which is pretty easy. They are the next thing I make after the tinker's construct tables. You can toss any organic kind of matter in there to compost into dirt. Saplings, leaves, zombie flesh, extra food supplies, string. Use the first couple of dirt blocks to plant more trees and speed things up. Use anything else you aren't using for food or water into dirt. With zombie awareness on and a simple pit around the ship you will gather a lot of bone and zombie flesh each night. The excess dirt toss into the sieve, it produces 4-6 of the small stones per dirt block, plus a chance at some seeds for trees or vegetables. Getting 24 stones to make the slab furnace is pretty easy that way.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Part of you problem is that Zombie Awareness is probably off, I think he's defaulting it on in next update, but you could enable it now. That'll get you all the flesh & bones you'll need.
10 sapling in the fluid transposer can get you water. I get 3 trees dedicated to silk, you'll get 1 dirt (25 silk) per tree with silk, but not always get 8 sapling. The worms can also be composted. And if you space the silk trees right, you can grow a new one and it'll reinfect it without using a silk worm.
Spend all you're time either sifting dust or doing trees.
I for one have never had an issue withou ZA, I sometimes have to work a bit to draw them in, but vanilla zombies are still good at falling into death pits. I simply placed two meter deep trenches beside the gangway, signs placed, and hollowed out the space below it as a work area. on top of the gangway I have a covered breezeway with one wide openings on the sides. in short at dusk I sneak out over the pit and kind of "wave" at the zombies till I get one to come running, then just head down below. he'll try to follow. Once he takes damage the others come running. Bones tend to take a quick trip out in the AM.

almightyfoon

Jul 29, 2019
Part of you problem is that Zombie Awareness is probably off, I think he's defaulting it on in next update, but you could enable it now. That'll get you all the flesh & bones you'll need.
10 sapling in the fluid transposer can get you water. I get 3 trees dedicated to silk, you'll get 1 dirt (25 silk) per tree with silk, but not always get 8 sapling. The worms can also be composted. And if you space the silk trees right, you can grow a new one and it'll reinfect it without using a silk worm.
Spend all you're time either sifting dust or doing trees.

A slightly better strategy is to compost leaves into dirt and then make dirty water and cook it into clean water. An average tree gets you roughly a stack of leaves and that will net you on average 6 dirt per tree (8 leaves to 1 dirt). You also still get the drops (saplings and apples if its an Oak). All it takes is a minor investment every few trees of two iron bars to rebuild your shears and some fuel. Its made my survival a lot easier water wise.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
As an FYI don't waste your time/shears collecting infected leaves, or dry rubber leaves. Neither works in either the barrels or crucible. The dry leaves do make a nice addition to signal beacons though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathmint

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Well, once I get shears going I usually automate my water production with a crucible With a barrel and an item duct, both easy to get early on, it will just automatically feed and melt leaves. It costs 10 leaves vs 8 to make dirty water but by that point my time is more spent either hammering cobble or working on machines. And eventually you an get a MFR tree farm going to auto-shear the leaves. I usually wind up restarting my world because of a new version before I get to that point though. :)

Speaking of which, a restart won't be needed for the update this weekend, right Iskandar? It's just some bug fixes and added the new shuttle template, which I'm already using. The ruins are still down the road, correct?

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, playing without Zombie Awareness on is frigging impossible on the new map without a dark room or having foreknowledge and doing quests in the wrong order. I would prefer it be otherwise since I like to roleplay the crash survival much like mDiyo*, but it just won't happen because you need too many bones and dehydration just hits too fast.

I'm torn between relying on a dark room and relying on ZA right now. Both are just not fun for me.

*Well, not quite like mDiyo. I play with tech mods, so I know how to use fluid transposers and survivalist generators and etc. Also my space dude grew bonsai so he's good with plants and crooks and bone meal.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
As people are having tons of problems with 1.1.1 i wanted to steer clear of it and go straight into 1.1.2. But as i turns out i have been playing on 1.1.1 for about 3 days now and i have 2 more quests in the pneumatic craft line.... I guess i got lucky and missed all the bugs :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, playing without Zombie Awareness on is frigging impossible on the new map without a dark room or having foreknowledge and doing quests in the wrong order. I would prefer it be otherwise since I like to roleplay the crash survival much like mDiyo*, but it just won't happen because you need too many bones and dehydration just hits too fast.

I'm torn between relying on a dark room and relying on ZA right now. Both are just not fun for me.

*Well, not quite like mDiyo. I play with tech mods, so I know how to use fluid transposers and survivalist generators and etc. Also my space dude grew bonsai so he's good with plants and crooks and bone meal.
It is quit possible to get plenty of drops with neither ZA or a dark room I mentioned my technique above. I'd think most of us will eventually want a dark room with grinder, but it really is not difficult getting beyond early game without.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Just started try Crash Landing after watching Bacon-Donut 's stream. From what I can tell (I've played a lot of MC but very little modded, but I like the challenge ^^) the furnace REALLY hurt. The fact that you have to rely on RNG for 24 stones (or, if you're a noob like me, 30 because the quest-line tells you to make a hammer first) is extremely rough...I've died to both hunger and thirst, as there is no way of getting water before that and very little food (mob drops/worms). I also haven't managed to get what? 6 bones? I can't even get 4...maybe that's once again just terrible RNG for me. Any advice? (I am enjoying playing it though! Thank you for all the work you put in it! :D)

I you have some dirt that you don't need for water, sift the dirt instead of dust. Dust has a 20% chance to get you a stone pebble, dirt gives you 4 stone on average. (20 times as much as dust!) And you have a chance to get seeds to grow some food. You can make the dirt from saplings or from rotten flesh in the beginning. And even though is kinda wasteful, you can make a shear from the first iron you get (keep one ingot in reserve to make the cooking utils). You get several stacks of leaves with one shear, that gives the early dirt production a nice boost.

If you have problems with food in the beginning (very much possible without ZA enabled), then infect a couple of trees with silkworms. Craft a TiCon Frying Pan and maked cooked silkworms, that should keep you going for a while.

Echochrome3

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been playing Crash Land for a few days and there are a few things I am getting stuck with. How do you get animals, I made a patch of grass and none have spawned. Second, I need to make red plastic, and I know there is a way to craft the seeds for the fire flower plant, but how do you get red dye and how am i supposed to replant it to get more. I have been bone mealing my dirt patch for a very long time, and i have got 2 yellow flower, and many other random saplings and food, but still no red flower. Help!

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Echo the map is an Ocean Biome, which I'm pretty sure prevents animals from spawning, even if there is a grassy area. Idk about the flower. :/

Thanks for the advice guys...got to night 3 and was doing pretty decent til I got insta-kiled by a creeper behind a wall lol...Quick question: Why would you infect trees instead of just crooking them? is there any advantage?

Also I'm having a problem with spiders aggro-ing onto me...I've tried waiting 4 minutes after everything died (if I wait any longer the drops'll despawn), but they still keep attacking me in broad daylight. Is there a particular reason for that? (and I don't have ZA on if that makes a difference).

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you infect trees instead of just crooking them? is there any advantage?
Infected trees have a higher silkworm drop rate, cooked silkworms have a large saturation. And the string drops for crafting, or making wool, or decomposing into dirt.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Echo the map is an Ocean Biome, which I'm pretty sure prevents animals from spawning, even if there is a grassy area. Idk about the flower. :/

Thanks for the advice guys...got to night 3 and was doing pretty decent til I got insta-kiled by a creeper behind a wall lol...Quick question: Why would you infect trees instead of just crooking them? is there any advantage?

Also I'm having a problem with spiders aggro-ing onto me...I've tried waiting 4 minutes after everything died (if I wait any longer the drops'll despawn), but they still keep attacking me in broad daylight. Is there a particular reason for that? (and I don't have ZA on if that makes a difference).
Once you've infect trees, and the leaves have been fully converted you get string when they are broken and a higher rate of silk worms being dropped..... I still suggest you crook the infected leaves.

Once a spider agros to you it remains agroed to you until it takes damage from another source. So if they are tracking you through the night they will track you once the light level increases.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So I have been playing Crash Land for a few days and there are a few things I am getting stuck with. How do you get animals, I made a patch of grass and none have spawned. Second, I need to make red plastic, and I know there is a way to craft the seeds for the fire flower plant, but how do you get red dye and how am i supposed to replant it to get more. I have been bone mealing my dirt patch for a very long time, and i have got 2 yellow flower, and many other random saplings and food, but still no red flower. Help!
Yeah, getting red dye can be hard thanks to Harvestcraft. You will get one, eventually. Getting more seeds after that is easy. Toss the plant on the proper soil (actually toss, not right click). Bonemeal twice, and ONLY twice, and punch it. Repeat. Fairly easy. If you aren't getting any seeds back, see above about only bonemealing twice. You over bonemeal, you got 1 seed back only. Twice is all you need.

There are quests for animals, they don't spawn naturally.

Echochrome3

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, getting red dye can be hard thanks to Harvestcraft. You will get one, eventually. Getting more seeds after that is easy. Toss the plant on the proper soil (actually toss, not right click). Bonemeal twice, and ONLY twice, and punch it. Repeat. Fairly easy. If you aren't getting any seeds back, see above about only bonemealing twice. You over bonemeal, you got 1 seed back only. Twice is all you need.

There are quests for animals, they don't spawn naturally.

I finally got one red dye, and was able to craft the seed. But it wont let me plant it on dirt as you have to throw it onto netherrack, And I tried going to the nether but there is nothing there, guessing because of the ocean biome. So is there a way to get netherrack that I do not know of?

jonathan6924

Jul 29, 2019
is there an way to make my server non hardcore on crash landing cause it kinda sucks when me or my freind dies and then i have to resart to the server from scratch ugh and possibly how to make lives.:)