[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MaxJordan Daniel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Iskander I downloaded Crash Landing and watched some youtube videos about the map and when ever someone tried to break the Fluid Transposer with the Crescent Hammer it would break instantly, but when I try to break it it does not break with the hammer and i cannot advance in the game...any suggestions?[DOUBLEPOST=1406120532][/DOUBLEPOST].

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
what about using both CaRuins mod and AtomicStrykes Ruins mod just copy CaRuins with AtomicStrykes ruins that way you can set the weight and biomes

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
what about using both CaRuins mod and AtomicStrykes Ruins mod just copy CaRuins with AtomicStrykes ruins that way you can set the weight and biomes
CaRuins are procedurally generated. No templates available to copy.

VyxiFaye

Jul 29, 2019
Great mod pack, my issue is I can never get past any other quests other than the first few (I get the dirt, then get stuck) because there is no sapling in my strongbox. Looked in NEI and sifting the dust does not provide one, so I basically end up failing because there is no way for me to get the sapling. Bug? Did something change? Am I missing something?

eliandarkbrood

Jul 29, 2019
Great mod pack, my issue is I can never get past any other quests other than the first few (I get the dirt, then get stuck) because there is no sapling in my strongbox. Looked in NEI and sifting the dust does not provide one, so I basically end up failing because there is no way for me to get the sapling. Bug? Did something change? Am I missing something?

You're missing something. The easy route quest and the hard route quests give you a sapling.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And yet again, no one reads their quest book. Ever, apparently. I joke, but the more popular this pack gets the more apparent the truth of that statement gets. Don't mean to get snarky, but I've put WEEKS into getting the quests tuned and making sure that pretty much all the information you need to survive is available in game...and yet. Sigh.

(Actually, an in game announcement WOULD be a good idea. Hmm.)[DOUBLEPOST=1406128279][/DOUBLEPOST]
Weird, I guess I'll ty to delete everything and re-download.
Right after you do the first quest, you'll get two quests represented by question marks. Can't miss them.

Reactions: pc_assassin

VyxiFaye

Jul 29, 2019
And yet again, no one reads their quest book. Ever, apparently. I joke, but the more popular this pack gets the more apparent the truth of that statement gets. Don't mean to get snarky, but I've put WEEKS into getting the quests tuned and making sure that pretty much all the information you need to survive is available in game...and yet. Sigh.

(Actually, an in game announcement WOULD be a good idea. Hmm.)[DOUBLEPOST=1406128279][/DOUBLEPOST]
Right after you do the first quest, you'll get two quests represented by question marks. Can't miss them.

I actually did read the quest book, MULTIPLE times to make sure I wasn't missing anything. NOTHING, and I mean nothing, came up regarding saplings. Nothing in my rewards, nothing in the strongbox, etc. After downloading and installing again, the quests with the question marks come up now. I'm not sure if it was an error on my end, but I wish I would have provided a screenshot of it before I re-installed.

eliandarkbrood

Jul 29, 2019
I actually did read the quest book, MULTIPLE times to make sure I wasn't missing anything. NOTHING, and I mean nothing, came up regarding saplings. Nothing in my rewards, nothing in the strongbox, etc. After downloading and installing again, the quests with the question marks come up now. I'm not sure if it was an error on my end, but I wish I would have provided a screenshot of it before I re-installed.
Good to go. At least it works now. :)

Reactions: VyxiFaye

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I think your right that it isnt mentioned, I know I was confused when I restarted, but if I was new to the pack I wouldnt be expecting them to be in the chest and might just look at question marks!
btw The QDS is missing even after you choose - you have to cheat it in.

I am enjoying the new base and the mobs seem better balanced they need enticing again like it used to be!
looking forward to learning SFM next

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Argh. Ok, giving up for now, because I don't have a solution that doesn't break something.
I'm left in a bit of a quandary. I mean, I could just not do anything, but I just don't think the journey to the endgame buildings would be much fun at this point. Suggestions would be appreciated..

could you put them behind portals - to specific maps -so its not normal world gen - you could make it harder to survive unless prepared with some item which could be a reward.

eliandarkbrood

Jul 29, 2019
Downloaded it yesterday, and so far, I'm loving the pack. Wish it had mffs, but that's just due to my play style... its awesome regardless.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
What is in your inventory? I don't suppose you are carrying a bucket of lava are you?

What armor are you wearing?

No I figured the bucket of lava out fairly quickly. I was wearing gold armor... I now know that was the problem.

@Iskandar I stopped reading the quest book because I kept dying to your map and felt that I needed to use that time for things like gathering water.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
2014-07-23_14.02.44.png You might want to look at AtomicSrtykers ruins mod again because you can use any structures generator in a standard map to find structures you like then use mcedit to copy it, and then using MCEdit schematic converter that comes with AtomicStryker convert to a template then all you need to do is edit the template to the ocean biome and acceptable target block to dust. Hears a desert structure from CaRuins in a pre-existing test word

Deathmint

Jul 29, 2019
It must be an ocean biome to make all water sources salt water. Otherwise you could just right click a water source to drink, or fill infinite water bottles. One of the many, many compromises I had to make to get the pack off the ground.

Did you get a chance to look at the Apocalypse City World mod? I'm not sure what sort of structure edits you could make or if that would even work, so I apologize if it was a lame suggestion.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Well if its 5k blocks away and people are gonna go running, then they've sign-up their death. But with people who'd use enderpearls, it might be just a few throws before they can get to the buildings. But maybe Archimedes ships or anything similar (mechs from flans mods but might be too OP) would be a good add on for far away ventures.
or just carry a water generation method...... dirt, furnace, and fuels can take you a long way..... you'd have to build shelters every night, but I for one think that would add to the "survival" theme of the game.

an end game method of flight would be one thing, but Archimedes is far too cheap.[DOUBLEPOST=1406146358][/DOUBLEPOST]
No I figured the bucket of lava out fairly quickly. I was wearing gold armor... I now know that was the problem.

@Iskandar I stopped reading the quest book because I kept dying to your map and felt that I needed to use that time for things like gathering water.
Yeah, I have found that the book has some key info in it, but then I find the night a convinient time to do my reading/quest turn in. That said I don't use a bed..... the night becomes an opportunity to take care of my indoor work.

is sleeping enabled? I'm finding the difficulty of the pack rather light weight as is..... if a player could sleep away the mobs.......

Oh and Iskandar..... I didn't mean that as a dig...... I may have been playing too much Blood and Bones recently. It is rather pleasant to play more of a "buildy" pack, though I must admit that I don't fear much for my toons life.

Last edited: