[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Grunden

Jul 29, 2019
And yet again, no one reads their quest book. Ever, apparently. I joke, but the more popular this pack gets the more apparent the truth of that statement gets. Don't mean to get snarky, but I've put WEEKS into getting the quests tuned and making sure that pretty much all the information you need to survive is available in game...and yet. Sigh.

That's the first rule of User Interface design: "Users don't read".

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm just learning pneumaticcraft, but there are some nifty looking "end" game options. With the idea of having to travel several k I like the idea of programming drones to build/breakdown campsites ...... that said keeping them fueled would become problematic.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
It must be an ocean biome to make all water sources salt water. Otherwise you could just right click a water source to drink, or fill infinite water bottles. One of the many, many compromises I had to make to get the pack off the ground.

It might be worth your while speaking with Funwayguy to see if some extra options can be added to Enviromine so that you can specify which biomes are salty.

Another option would be to make small patches of tundra or swamp where the ruins are placed. So water would be dirty or cold.

KoD!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys, Got that new episode up for you and it is on the new map. 2 things. The Blazing pyr is tons easier to close off now thanks. 2, people that are having problems over heating. Toraches give off heat so if you are spamming torches out side and then walking around them allot you will overheat fast. And a side note Don't wear your camel pack at night anymore. it will cause your temp to fall down 2 low. just take it off and watch your thirst levels. Makes sure to post a torch in a room so you can have a place to warm up. I put my in the sieve room.

Magzie's Dust World! E:2

drktemplar06

Jul 29, 2019
okay so iv got a question.... im playing 1.1.1...and there are NO quest rewards what so ever. and it doesnt even show up in the quest rewards. is it me orrr...also playing a game and all of a suddenwhen i reloaded the save the transposers just decided to no register the sapling recipies....same thing with crucibles..im forcing update now to see if that fixes it

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
or strongboxes filled with strongboxes filled with water. Inception!
Carry a drum around with you. u can place it and pick it up and it hold 274k mb. Just switch them out when they are empty on you auto water set up.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
an end game method of flight would be one thing, but Archimedes is far too cheap.

is sleeping enabled? I'm finding the difficulty of the pack rather light weight as is..... if a player could sleep away the mobs.......

Maybe use MineTweaker to change the crafting requirements for the ships?

Yes, sleeping is enabled.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
2014-07-23_22.48.33.jpg 2014-07-23_22.46.25.jpg After crash landing on this planet i climbed up on my ruined ship to get a better view of my surroundings is that the ruins of an old civilization in the distance id better go see what i can find. Super flat world not anymore naturally spawning dunes made completely of dust, still working on spawn weight for structures.
I hate to keep pushing it but the more i play with AtomicStrykers Ruins the better it get. If you want give me an idea of what kind of structures you are looking for and about a day or 2 then can get you a set of ruins designed just for this mod pac to include 2 or 3 super dungeons that will only spawn once per map.

Naeo

Jul 29, 2019
Edited: Derp... answered my own question.
Started playing, and so far i'm loving *_* though i'm ALWAYS thirsty. lmao

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
View attachment 12136 View attachment 12135 After crash landing on this planet i climbed up on my ruined ship to get a better view of my surroundings is that the ruins of an old civilization in the distance id better go see what i can find. Super flat world not anymore naturally spawning dunes made completely of dust, still working on spawn weight for structures.
I hate to keep pushing it but the more i play with AtomicStrykers Ruins the better it get. If you want give me an idea of what kind of structures you are looking for and about a day or 2 then can get you a set of ruins designed just for this mod pac to include 2 or 3 super dungeons that will only spawn once per map.
I'd need about 2 dozen separate and distinct designs, tbh. If you are up to it. Pull from CARuins if you'd like.

Deathmint

Jul 29, 2019
After crash landing on this planet i climbed up on my ruined ship to get a better view of my surroundings is that the ruins of an old civilization in the distance id better go see what i can find. Super flat world not anymore naturally spawning dunes made completely of dust, still working on spawn weight for structures.

Woo! \o/ Freakin' awesome. I"m all hyped now.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
The random options in Ruins really are great, I've never thought of using them to make hills or dunes haha! That would make the drab sea of dust so much more exciting than it is now. You could even (rarely) hide something nice (but not amazing) inside the dunes, like Tinkers' gravel ores.

I'm thinking I want to keep playing 1.11 with the new map and Zombie Awareness disabled. It's really making me struggle to survive again, and I'm building new strategies as a result. Also, my frying pan and gun are getting more use lol, and that makes me really feel like a lone hunter who has to kill to survive, rather than a Trench Pickup Worker handling my 8am workload. I'm thinking of ways to make a little fortification where I can lure enemies closer and then duck back down into cover to strike them through murder holes of sorts. I was thinking of adding a few extensions onto the ship, actually... I don't want to break any of it, so I might add defensive walls to the sides and top and build a resource farm on top of it. :)

I completely agree. Things change dramatically without ZA. I'm still trying to figure out an early strategy myself. A dark room might be a good solution.
I actually had a crazy idea while pulling an all-nighter. Imagine if, whenever Minecraft attempted to spawn a hostile mob, it counted against the mob cap whether the mob successfully spawned or not. I'm talking something like (but less than) the 30 second countdown of an inactive but spawned mob's timer, here. Having one tiny dark room would suddenly change from 'where'd all the mobs suddenly come from hey look at the river of bones coming out' to 'I guess it wouldn't make sense for a hundred monsters to suddenly appear in this spot because it's the only dark spot nearby'. I think the number of spawn attempts per tick would need to be increased, or the timer on the spawn-fails to be significantly less than a full 30 seconds, because of the sheer number of failed spawn attempts with how Notch coded it. But it'd be even more brutal and would nip those sky spawners and so forth in the bud, hardcore.

Just an idea that my sleep-deprived brain came up with, though. :p

Last edited:

Therevrun

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody! For some odd reason I'm having difficulties using SFM to refill camel packs. I know I have the in/outs correct because I see it take out water bottles and put them back but for some reason the crafter isn't crafting them together. Anybody else had trouble. And I do like the ruins.

Also, my idea on carpenters blocks still stands Iskandar I think the unique look they can bring will add to building a base and adds some functionality to doors.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Just started try Crash Landing after watching Bacon-Donut 's stream. From what I can tell (I've played a lot of MC but very little modded, but I like the challenge ^^) the furnace REALLY hurt. The fact that you have to rely on RNG for 24 stones (or, if you're a noob like me, 30 because the quest-line tells you to make a hammer first) is extremely rough...I've died to both hunger and thirst, as there is no way of getting water before that and very little food (mob drops/worms). I also haven't managed to get what? 6 bones? I can't even get 4...maybe that's once again just terrible RNG for me. Any advice? (I am enjoying playing it though! Thank you for all the work you put in it! :D)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Part of you problem is that Zombie Awareness is probably off, I think he's defaulting it on in next update, but you could enable it now. That'll get you all the flesh & bones you'll need.
10 sapling in the fluid transposer can get you water. I get 3 trees dedicated to silk, you'll get 1 dirt (25 silk) per tree with silk, but not always get 8 sapling. The worms can also be composted. And if you space the silk trees right, you can grow a new one and it'll reinfect it without using a silk worm.
Spend all you're time either sifting dust or doing trees.

Reactions: Deathmint