[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Probably late to the party but I figured out mossy cobble can be made from the ex nihilo barrels so now I have repair on my copper tools

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
what do you mean? is there a problem with the mod?

Well the moment the drone tried to pick up a thing from a chest the launcher crashed. Worked when I did it earlier though. I can't start up that world anymore it leads to the launcher crashing.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that a pink slime bucket put on the ground doesn't form into a pink slime (mob)?

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
And another one while I tried to go into fullscreen mode.

Edit: And that world won't start now either :(

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Well the drones work perfectly however since I started using them I have regular crashes.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
nope not unless you had a back up.

@Parveln try spawning in a new map copy and repeat the same act and see if if crashes again. make sure the same items are in the chest and everything is the same.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
nope not unless you had a back up.

@Parveln try spawning in a new map copy and repeat the same act and see if if crashes again. make sure the same items are in the chest and everything is the same.

Unfortunately the content of the chest was an unknown amount of cobblestone. The glitch doesn't happen when it picks upp cobblestone from my new world. I logged out from my new world and when I tried to log in the launcher crashed and I tried again 5 times and everytime a crash. my solution is loads of backups :=(

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
have u tried using MC edit to go in and delete the item cause the crash.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That is odd. And unfortunate. If it is only happening between Pneumaticcraft and vanilla Minecraft items that probably isn't my bug but Pneumaticcraft's and needs to be reported over in that direction. I'm sorry about that.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm once again I crash when drone tries to access chest. I think it is because I also marked my programmer in the area for inv import.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
have u tried using MC edit to go in and delete the item cause the crash.

deleted the programmer and everything works fine now. (Except my drone ran out of pressure :p)

Edit: Also dpwnloading Aromabackup for more safety.

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
Yup definitely that issue. Managed to recreate it again with a programmer. Will try with 2 chests instead.

Edit: Didn't work with chests. Game crashed as soon as I placed a programmer though.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
best report it on the site i linked. it is the bug report site for that mod. He can look into it and see if it is his mod or some interaction with another mod. Should the programer be disabled? or maybe the drones?

Last edited:

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Hey fine got part 3. It took 5 trys with 3 death and 2 power outtages. rofl. I had to start over each time and the finally outtage i decide to spawn in a few machines to show what machine set ups might look like. This is a tips and tricks one and i hope some of the stuff i show you will help in the mod pack. This map will be deleted as i am starting my LP of this mod pack this week. it took 30 hours to download and then another 3 to process and i have no clue why. rofl Enjoy!

Magzie's How to Start, an Easy Guide to Crash Landing Mod Pack. Part 3: Some Tips and Tricks.

A lot of really useful tips, thank you!
But also quite a few things, that are not completely optimal. If you don't mind, a runthrough with some thoughts and suggestions.

As a general note, the title is "How to Start". Pretty much anything that requires a machine frame (and is not a quest reward), is not early game anymore.You need a Pneumaticcraft setup, which means some resource processing already. Need access to the required seeds, some kind of power generation to run the machines etc. Lots of really good ideas there, but it's more of a "Settled down, now how to progress" topic.

0:40 AE Grind Stone:
It's pretty much useless. Yes, you can grind bones into bone meal and cobble directly into sand. But you get more bones in this pack than you can ever use, even if you grow all your plants with it. And it's faster to use the hammer to get sand (especially if you get gravel directly from the cobble gen).
The grind stone is cheap to make. But there are more productive ways to spend the first nights, then clicking on the grinder. :)

2:00 Chest/Hopper/Furnace combination
Really awesome, especially for the annoying water bottles in the beginning. You can keep everything more compact by putting the output chest in the floor in front of the furnace. And if the iron for the hoppers is a problem early on, simply use itemducts/levers.
Same setup as in your video, with Input/Furnace/Output kept closer together. No running around necessary.
RNEOXOj.png
6:45 Love the trap setup with the punji sticks and the hopper. :)
The wreck is swarmed with mobs in the beginning. Great idea to have one or two of these drop points for mobs. A trap door at the top, so that the mobs walk in. And then an itemduct at the hopper to pump the drops back up and have them easily accessible. Thank you for that! :)
Also usable at the perimeter when the base is secured by a fence. It's necessary to sift some sand anyway for the ancient spores, might as well do that a bit earlier than normal for the sugar seeds.

9:50 Crucible for water
An itemduct into the top of the crucible does work. A servo would be great here, because than you can set the stack size to 1 for the export. If that is too expensive, a lever will do. Just add two more ducts and loop excess items back into the chest.
Here the lava/water setup with all "cosmetic" covers removed.
yh3YwCu.png
12:30 Cobble generator
Here what I think is a better design, especially when automating it with Activator and Terrain Smasher later on.
MkE9hp2.png
It's 7x3 (could be 5x3 with a few micro blocks). Water and lava are one block deep into the ground at the same height as the Activater/Smasher and then covered up.
The internal layout is Water - Water dropoff - Empty (place to spawn the cobble) - Lava - Empty (for cobble) - Dropoff - Water. A barrel as output on top of the Smasher/Activator and a chest in front of it. For the Smasher it is an additional output for everything not Cobble (like Obsidian!), for the Activator it is the input chest for hammers (fed in by itemducts).
The activator has all inventory fields except the first one blocked out with sticks, so it only hold one hammer at a time. Lead and copper hammers have the same speed and durability as Invar hammers. Makes lead hammers perfect for using it in the activator, since copper has a number of other uses.
Edit: Here the 5x3 version, that's as compact as I can make it. :)
pvpUpkB.png

3hI2zB2.png
To start out manually, build only one half of the generator. Leave the place for the chest and smasher open and actually dig one deeper there. Place a water block, where normally the smasher is. Place a wooden plank behind the block, where the cobble stone gets generated.
The water has the same effect as in your video. A bone pickaxe will mine the cobble just fast enough, that the next piece gets generated immediately. And the wood behind the cobble block acts as buffer, in case there is a small delay at some point before the next cobble is generated. Wood takes a lot longer to break with a pickaxe/hammer than dust.

14:35 Igneous Extruder
Unfortunately not an early game item. Unless something changed, then a Terrain Smasher is still cheap to make. So it does make sense to automate the cobble gen with it. :)

The smasher can also be used to make Obsidian. Wait until it just mined the cobble and then drop lava into the empty spot. Water and source block of lava will generate obsidian, the terrain smasher picks it up and puts it into the chest in front of it.
Another (cheesy?) way is to use redstone. Instead of lava place redstone into the empty space. Don't drop it, it needs to be actually placed with a right click. The timing takes a bit of practice or the smasher will pick up the redstone again before the lava flows into that place, but it's possible to make obsidian without spending additional lava.

18:30 Reactant dynamo
By the time you need the power, you are also able to make an MFR Grinder. Mob Essence is by far the best fluid for the reactant dynamo in this pack. In the beginning just place the grinder somewhere, where you get lots of mobs during the night.
PQy97x6.png
20:30 TCon Smeltery
Instead of a Faucet/Redstone clock for the output it easier to use a liquiduct and lever. And it is possible to break the tanks and refill them. So far I only lost liquids when breaking the controller.

28:10 Heat sources
A crucible on top of a Prometheum source block is 0.7. The crucibles to the left and right of it are still 0.5, better than Netherrack. So instead of dabbling with torches or lava, just pick up the existing Prometheum (a good way to get rid of the clay bucket that you had to make for a quest :)) and use it for the initial lava and water production.

30:10 Mycelium
Why not let the mycelium spread over a larger area? Generating witch water lets mushrooms grow in a 2 block radius from each barrel. Makes for some additional food options like Bacon Mushroom Burgers (which is the 4th best food available).

30:40 Sifting Dust and Gravel
You can have both, Dust and Gravel in the activator at the same time. Set it to Round Robin mode. Fill it up in the ratio you want (for example 4 slots dust, 5 slots gravel) and then feed both into the activator.

Flowers and Roses
It is possible to get them from gras, just no vanilla wheat seeds. But they are really, really rare. (Got one each with a full stack of bone meal.) The best option is probably to color a pair of sheep in yellow and one in red and then pulverize their wool for the dyes.

I really hope all this didn't come across as bickering. (At least not too much. :)) Really liked this episode and looking forward to your Let's Play.

Last edited:

Ripler

Jul 29, 2019
Great Tips.
For hoppers and crucible try right clicking on the hopper with your wrench to extend the tip of it. For some reason i've notices with hoppers they aren't fully extended when combined with crucibles.