[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
It should only take 8 saplings or leaves to make dirt water and that'll get you more water. Using the transposer with saplings or crucible with leaves is easier to automate. The crucible is slower the boiling dirty water too.

Easiest automatic dirt is with a ring of conveyors around your base to an automatic kill point with a vacuum hopper to sort the flesh to barrels.

There's also a secret way (with an AA) to turn a stack of bones into about 8-12 dirt. :D

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Plus I will be moving leaves to the transposer as soon as it is feasible. Possibly for the next version. The capability is there, but the documentation is, sadly, lacking.

Working on the new version, finally. I've been both sick and stressed out a bit so I haven't done as much work as I'd have like the past week or so. I am starting to feel better, so hopefully this update will have more content. I am working on quests this week, adding some more end game content and quests.

Edit: Woo! I can now freely modify transposer recipes. That makes my life much, much better.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
did you take bone meal out of the recipes for making tools? Just wondering.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
did you take bone meal out of the recipes for making tools? Just wondering.

Nope. You can use bonemeal for repairing tools, you can use bonemeal to make tools that require .5 bone, but you cannot use bone meal for any past that require 1 or more bones, any more than you could use, say, 2 sticks to make a part that required 1 plank.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Nope. You can use bonemeal for repairing tools, you can use bonemeal to make tools that require .5 bone, but you cannot use bone meal for any past that require 1 or more bones, any more than you could use, say, 2 sticks to make a part that required 1 plank.

it lets me do that and has always. it is part of TiCo. I can even use 2 sticks to make a pick head if IT wasn't in the pack. I can make pickaxe, hachet, shovel, and Mattock all out of bone meal.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes using bone meal doesn't work nicely. Sometimes I've had to use 3 bone meal, 2 won't work. But if I use 3 I'll get 1 back.

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot add the shards one at a time and have the tool part show up, you need to drop both bonemeal into the part builder at the same time.

If you have the bonemeal in there and the part isn't showing, just pickup the bonemeal real quick and drop it back in.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
that is what i said to the person in question but it seem on his copy it isn't working on making tools only fixing them. i said i would post and see if he changed it but if you guys can do it to he is most likely doing it wrong or it is sticking. i know i have had to move to the bottom and then back up for it to work.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Sorry folks, I was struck down by a migraine. My health is a bit unstable atm, so I am skipping this weeks update.

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Since you're going to be a bit busy being sick, mind if I try my hand at writing a few quests to implement when you're feeling better?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hope you feel better Iskandar!

Side question: Is there a way to get seeds? They are needed for the wheat for the speed upgrades :(

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can use a hoe on grass blocks (when they're not near a water source) to turn them back into dirt in order to get some seeds. It may take a bit to get wheat seeds since HarvestCraft seeds are included, but use an Extra Utils watering can to grow grass back from a neighboring grass block.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can use a hoe on grass blocks (when they're not near a water source) to turn them back into dirt in order to get some seeds. It may take a bit to get wheat seeds since HarvestCraft seeds are included, but use an Extra Utils watering can to grow grass back from a neighboring grass block.
Awesome! thanks!

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Got anything in particular you'd like me to focus on? I was thinking about Steelworks and Big Reactors since they go hand in hand.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey fine got part 3. It took 5 trys with 3 death and 2 power outtages. rofl. I had to start over each time and the finally outtage i decide to spawn in a few machines to show what machine set ups might look like. This is a tips and tricks one and i hope some of the stuff i show you will help in the mod pack. This map will be deleted as i am starting my LP of this mod pack this week. it took 30 hours to download and then another 3 to process and i have no clue why. rofl Enjoy!

Magzie's How to Start, an Easy Guide to Crash Landing Mod Pack. Part 3: Some Tips and Tricks.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Got anything in particular you'd like me to focus on? I was thinking about Steelworks and Big Reactors since they go hand in hand.

Actually, and this applies to anyone else who really wants to help, mind figuring out reward bags? Those things are just giving me a headache.

Beyond that, Steelworks and Big Reactors would be nice, yes.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
never used big reactors before, hehe
is it a good mod. I know some LPers swear by it. I go with less is more most times.