[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I must be doing something wrong I have a 5'5 grass paltform and I have used up 2 stacks bonemeal but still no roses :(

I had the same thing, but I got lucky with a bag and got all the pneumatic seeds.
Do more quests and you might get lucky with a greater bag.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar Simply jetpacks has been fixed for the dupe bug with tinkers if you want to check it out

Also I here tell of minetweaker3 that might solve your transposer problems that you were having

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
sp5kJyc.png

After 6 stacks. My precious :)

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
Pack Update! 1.0.8 is now live!

Updated Harvestcraft Waila Fixes to 1.0.4
Added Steve's Drought (coded specifically for this modpack. Thanks Vswe!)
Increased the amount of water leaves give in the crucible, 10 leaves to 1000 mB of water
Decreased the amount of water saplings give in the liquid transposer slightly, 10 saplings to 1000 mb of water
In both cases, composting to dirt and making water is slightly more efficient, but requires more time/extra steps
Spice of Life should be slightly more forgiving. The more complex a food recipe, the more it counts for your food history.
Wooden Barrel are craftable again
Stone Barrel recipe reverted to normal
Crafting recipes for rotten flesh and saplings to dirt have been removed, and the quest associated with that has also been removed
Nerfed Liquid Transfer Nodes
Added a repeatable quest for the PCB pattern
Added a recipe for the Kinetic Compressor so you can now generate greater than 5 bars of pressure via RF
Added a machine frame to the Autonomous Activator recipe, added a guaranteed Activator as a quest reward
Buffed iron drops from dust and gravel sieving slightly
Good thing I already have 12 autonomous activators :p

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I think that leaves may give a bit too much water now. With a Harvester/Planter combo, it's completely self sustainable with a couple furnace generators (or a few racks of Survivalist's Generators) and outputs so many leaves I may as well have a couple aqueous accumulators without having to spend the resources making those 64k liquid storage drives. With a smaller farm not shearing and feeding the excess saplings over to the larger one, you don't even need to occasionally switch shearing off. Composting may give more per leaf, but it's so much slower. The Blazing Pyrotheum makes melting them down a breeze too. I think cutting the amount of water in half would still give enough to make using leaves worth it while making dirt a clearly better alternative if you can automate it.

I agree completely. I did some balance testing for the early game by changing the config settings during the last couple of days and here my (very subjective) suggestions for @Iskandar.

- Crucible: 20 or 25 Leaves into one bucket of water. With only 10 leaves it would be by far the most practical way to make water. And also very easy early game: Pipe it in from a chest, pipe it out into a couple Open Block tanks. And if you need water somewhere else, just pick up a full tank and put and empty one back to get it refilled. No need to get even close to the Pyrotheum.
- Liquid Transposer: 8 Saplings into one bucket. You get a lot less saplings than leaves when shearing trees, no need to nerf that recipe.
- Liquid Transposer: 10 Dirt into one bucket, a stone pebble as byproduct. Using dirt to make Dirty Water and boiling it is really only useful to refill the camel pack. Even later on it would be (for me) by far the least used option. Bottles don't get returned in a transposer, you either have to keep crafting them or you need to use something else. Activator clicking on a tank would work I guess, but it's clumsy. So you need to automate making dirt, then automate crafting it into a Dirty Water bottle, then boil it, then automate a way to get it into a tank. Squeezing dirt directly in the transposer would be a viable alternative and the byproduct makes automating it later on not completely trivial.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
sp5kJyc.png

After 6 stacks. My precious :)
how long did it take you.[DOUBLEPOST=1404136396][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree completely. I did some balance testing for the early game by changing the config settings during the last couple of days and here my (very subjective) suggestions for @Iskandar.

- Crucible: 20 or 25 Leaves into one bucket of water. With only 10 leaves it would be by far the most practical way to make water. And also very easy early game: Pipe it in from a chest, pipe it out into a couple Open Block tanks. And if you need water somewhere else, just pick up a full tank and put and empty one back to get it refilled. No need to get even close to the Pyrotheum.
- Liquid Transposer: 8 Saplings into one bucket. You get a lot less saplings than leaves when shearing trees, no need to nerf that recipe.
- Liquid Transposer: 10 Dirt into one bucket, a stone pebble as byproduct. Using dirt to make Dirty Water and boiling it is really only useful to refill the camel pack. Even later on it would be (for me) by far the least used option. Bottles don't get returned in a transposer, you either have to keep crafting them or you need to use something else. Activator clicking on a tank would work I guess, but it's clumsy. So you need to automate making dirt, then automate crafting it into a Dirty Water bottle, then boil it, then automate a way to get it into a tank. Squeezing dirt directly in the transposer would be a viable alternative and the byproduct makes automating it later on not completely trivial.
with a automated system it doesn't really matter how many make a bucket. ur harvester will be feeding it a steady supply of leave no matter how much leaves = water. he moved it to 10 because you can take 10 leaves and turn it into dirt and make water that way anyway. you still making the same ammount you can just use the crucible to make it now instead of having to go throught 4 other steps.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
with a automated system it doesn't really matter how many make a bucket. ur harvester will be feeding it a steady supply of leave no matter how much leaves = water. he moved it to 10 because you can take 10 leaves and turn it into dirt and make water that way anyway. you still making the same ammount you can just use the crucible to make it now instead of having to go throught 4 other steps.

And why on earth would you go through these 4 additional steps, when you can just click on a tank with a bottle/bucket and get the water directly?

With 10 leaves/bucket I didn't even bother to run saplings through a transposer, it was that easy. 20 leaves/bucket and I was using both - the saplings/transposer when I just needed a sip for cooking or something and the leaves/crucible/tank when I needed larger amounts for clay or soulsand.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
And why on earth would you go through these 4 additional steps, when you can just click on a tank with a bottle/bucket and get the water directly?

With 10 leaves/bucket I didn't even bother to run saplings through a transposer, it was that easy. 20 leaves/bucket and I was using both - the saplings/transposer when I just needed a sip for cooking or something and the leaves/crucible/tank when I needed larger amounts for clay or soulsand.
i am confused as to what you are talking about. it used to take 50 leaves for a bucket. But you could take them and turn them into dirt and make dirt water and cook that to make reg water bottle. if takes 10 leaves to make dirt which can be turned into water why should it take more then 10 to make water from leaves with out changing it to dirt first.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Since it was a blast to play through the 1.0.7 quests during the last days, here the current base. This is really only early game, haven't gotten to machines or automation yet. :)

Layout of the surface area.
iCUMrX5.png

The ship wreck was useful for the quite a long time, but eventually I rearranged it into a somewhat decent shelter. View from the back with a simple setup to make the dirt.

Lots of storage inside. And your basic furnace and crafting setup.

The farm area. Trees, plenty of sugar canes, some chicken and a mushroom farm. And almost no normal farmland, all veggies are grown with bonemeal. Quiz question: How many blocks of farmland can a single water block support? And how many blocks can be directly at the water to grow sugar? :)

A cheap mob spawner, mostly to kill Endermen for their pearls.

The mob spawns during the night provide already enough drops and now also essence. The tank is around 200 buckets and filled up within 5 or 6 nights. (Might have something to do with a couple of Fans pushing the mobs towards the grinder. :))

In the background the crucibles to generate lava and water. Just keep the chests supplied with a few stacks stone and leaves and there is always lava and water in the tanks. To the right the cobble/obsidian generator and an activator to make gravel. Feeding it Lead Hammers works really nice for it in this pack.

The early ore processing. Your normal TiCon smeltery, which is now only used to make alloys. Ore generation, processing Gravel from the left chest and Dust from the barrel to the right. Only two activators so far, but so far that is already plenty. Then High Oven in the back to do all the smelting.

All the power generation, machinery and automation will be underground.

... but really just starting here. All the way in the back will be then the "real" mob spawner.

But at least the Pressure Chamber for the quests exists already. And it's eating iron like crazy.

Next steps, get Thermal Expansion and MFR machines going. And then for the weekend a complete restart with 1.0.8. :)

Last edited:

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Each level of Reinforced decreases the chance of durability loss by 10%.

At Reinforced X (10) you have 100% chance to not lose durability, it becomes Unbreakable.

o_O and durability is gained through obsidian plates right?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
o_O and durability is gained through obsidian plates right?
Yes, using an obsidian tool part will start you with Reinforced 3, each mod slot filled with a heavy obsidian plate gives another reinforced, which is usually 4, and you need to hope for the rest from Iguana Tweaks leveling I think.