[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So last night I was doing some digging as would be expected when expanding a subterranean lair. I miscounted and breached my own defenses. Luckily it was day, unfortunately there were creepers waiting for precisely this folly. The fight that followed would surely have earned me a nod of respect from John Rambo and a T1 unit had they been present to bear witness. Stick and move, stick and move...dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee...the best offense is a good defense...U need a beer...they all ran thru my head. Then disaster, I got stuck in a corner, I heard that telltale hiss, and BOOM!! (facepalm)

Two min ir so later I finally look up expecting the red tinted screen with the game over message with the inevitable restart only to see a clear screen and health regenerating! I don't know how nor do I know why, but apparently the gods of dust and creepers decided to kill me another day. No armor, and my chosen tool of destruction is an alumite mattock.

As I still stand, day 188. Hard way, no bed. No sync chamber. Still have yet to start PC quests. Since I just had the bejeezus scared outta me again, I'm sure I can make it 12 more days to reach that magic 200 day milestone. I'm going to have a party and make pie. All my friends will be there too, that toenail clipping I call Tom, the creeper head twins Richard and Rita, Skelly Head Shelly, the bit of bellybutton lint named Lucy, that underarm hair named Arnold, and even the leader of the substance abuse group (aka zombies) Lindsay Lohan will be invited. Oh and we can't forget my invisible imaginary friend Bob.

I think maybe I've spent too much time in the sun...or maybe the fever is coming back..... :)

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk
Say hi to tom will ya? Tell him I miss him. he's a good listener.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Random yes, and quite often junk, but I've gotten a few diamonds, water/food when I really needed them, and a lot of redstone ore... Oh, and heart canisters. :)

I'm hoping to completely dismantle one of the two nearest towers next time I play so that I have plenty of raw materials (besides cobble). I really like @FunshineX's city build. I'll go for something much less ambitious though.

And with the city raiding, I'll have all the trashcans and flowerpots I can use! :)
there's one area at bottom floor of most of buildings. you need to pick all the white things (don't recall what they are) that are in a U shape (thus receptionist from what I can tell). under one of those, yeah, constant redstone iirc.

iirc, Iskandar's nerfing the loot drops from city which bums me out since the risk/reward for going at those things make it worth the while (now). Later on tho, the office buildings will more or less be clutter and yes, avoided since they contain crap loot. I think the drops are good as is. Getting a couple ingots of invar and gold on your first trip has the potential to make your subsequent ones even more fruitful. It did for me.

Also, I also don't see the advantage of going to cities first day or two. maybe it's me. I setup a second base at some point so I can sleep and collect stuff there instead of having to go home. Golden bags of holding help alot there. but still.

I'm sure it's buggy as hell, but there is a mod out there that allows you to move your base around. not sure the mechanics of it. Would be interesting if that was a good fit for this pack or not. maybe too OP, but still, would be nice.

Also, I'm really enjoying playing with Ender IO in other pack and really really hope it gets added to pack officially here in CL. TE who? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1409945125][/DOUBLEPOST]
So you don't want me to save you a parking spot? Lol
nahh, last time I was in a room with lucy, it got nasty. don't want a repeat. tequila does strange things to a brain.

Reactions: ScottieC

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
There are a number of reasons why I don't go to the city to make a base. The first being the danger. Spawners everywhere. It's unpleasant. Next is the amount of travel to the city. Then after city #1 is finished... where do you go? Back to the ship? try to find the next city? and then once you find the next city do you move your base?

I am currently working on making minecarts and powered rails to take me around the various farm plots I have. I will also make ones that go to the various cities to cut down on travel time. Honestly though I don't see the appeal once you've cleaned out all the loot. If that works for you great. For me, trying to clear everything out would make it too difficult to focus on water/food production in the early days.

On top of that I get OWNED continually by daytime spawning. Seems like even torches don't discourage things from randomly spawning in the cities. And let's not even talk about the red temple mounds of doom. Is power armor in this modpack? LOL

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
those aren't even supposed to be in yet, so it's not surprising that they'd cause problems.

I'm using the recommended version on the launcher... if you fly past the city in any direction and keep going you run into random stuff... The giant red mounds of DOOM!!!!! Do spawn. They don't cause problems with the game... that I can see other than it's a huge dark group of path ways filled with spawners and small pockets of enemies to mess up your day.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the recommended version on the launcher... if you fly past the city in any direction and keep going you run into random stuff... The giant red mounds of DOOM!!!!! Do spawn. They don't cause problems with the game... that I can see other than it's a huge dark group of path ways filled with spawners and small pockets of enemies to mess up your day.
they're spawning in because of a bug with the mod. they aren't finished yet, there's going to be a lot more to them than what you currently see. specifically, there's going to be a worthwhile reason to actually take them down and loot them.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Just built my first ender quarry. Thinking about setting it up over a city to see what the city is made of...

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
I just decided to get some cursed earth, and found a problem. The divining sigil comes from killing wither, and collecting wither skulls seem to be impossible since the nether is void I am unable to find nether fortress chunks for a wither farm. Am I missing something? What was the point of changing recipe for nether star generator if there are no nether stars either.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I just decided to get some cursed earth, and found a problem. The divining sigil comes from killing wither, and collecting wither skulls seem to be impossible since the nether is void I am unable to find nether fortress chunks for a wither farm. Am I missing something? What was the point of changing recipe for nether star generator if there are no nether stars either.
http://ftbwiki.org/Barrel_(Ex_Nihilo)
next time, consider using the wiki, or even just considering the mechanics you're playing with. you should easily have been able to deduce that the barrels you use to get your dirt can also be used for other things, especially considering that's the entire point of the ex nihilo mod.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
skeleton in witchwater get you wither skels.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently you've neither read up on ex nihilo or searched the forum..... please do so, there are perfectly reasonable answers to your questions readily available.....

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
So why did he make an Ender Quarry? (Yay! No longer a new member! :D)
To dismantle cities and I suppose someone may want to continue sieving dust after they have access to cobble gen and pulverizrs.......[DOUBLEPOST=1409949802][/DOUBLEPOST]
Apparently you've neither read up on ex nihilo or searched the forum..... please do so, there are perfectly reasonable answers to your questions readily available.....
Lol, I got ninja'd.....

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
hi... i start working with SFM but i saw something that i cant make... just a aesthetic purpose but wanna do it to keep the programs clean...

when you connect one input with one output, it create a straight line... but i saw a image where those line make corners so you don't have a line between commands, but i dont find how to to that.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
... Why would you need an ender quarry on CL?

What does need have to do with modded minecraft?

Crash Landing has enderquarries so we can start terraforming the planet. I've got an entire city of dirt in my main game, a bunch of dirt obelisks, a bunch of dirt in the Deep Dark, etc. At the very least we can consider it a very inefficient flower farm. :)