[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
After the top room you can still angle a Tiny TNT onto two of the spawners without hitting the smeltery parts. Very small blast range on that vs normal tnt. I will admit there is still a chance of loosing a block or two, but there is no chance of having to go into the room with mobs, so that's the trade-off. For the spawner in the highoven or PC chamber open a hole in the ceiling right over the middle of the chamber, then shoot the mob inside if any and drop in on top of the spawner. Break it. At this point you are safe from anything else in the room and can derp pole yourself back up out of the hole. No need to yolo at all.
Ok thank you for the advice! I'll try it out!

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Well, free slabs are better than nothing.

Sure, slab furnace, and then the regular furnace for the survivalists' generator. You can cook up two of them and make a pressure plate (too bad, it appears you can't make regular smooth stone slabs though) for the juicer.

After that you probably have a good cobblegen happening so...

Anyway, it's a fun diversion, I'll take it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'd never stop sifting.

I don't stop sifting. I stop sifting dust. After early game I have no reason to sift dust instead of gravel. Diamonds, emeralds, higher iron yield and coal, all of which I do need whereas I already have plenty of redstone and yellorium from the dust days and more redstone/cinnabar from pulverizing redstone ore pulled out of the cities.

I do wish it had a cobblestone fence recipe, it'd be handy for early spider proof fences.

The problem with that plan is how long it will take you to dig it up with bone tools. Probably better off just spending that time on a cobble gen and making vanilla cobble walls for your anti-spider overhang.

Man, the cities are a pushover once you have experience. I just ran in, raided 3 pneumatic craft workshops, one ticon workshop and marked the location of a reactor building on minimap. Only fighting I did was with some Blazes because I wanted a few rods so I could make potions and didn't want to go the ex nihilo doll route. There and back on 2 camel packs and 2-3 burgers. This was on a new world I started a couple days ago when I got bored with the old one.

Last edited:

Pile O Taters

Jul 29, 2019
Exuse me I think there is a bug, you see I got into creative and made some ME systems in my massive work in progress hotel/Tower, but I am not able to put any items into the ME terminals (Crafting and the normal one). I tried going in survival to put the items in, but it still didn't work, I tried to put in an apple and some food from pams food mod. Can you try to fix it?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to whoever mentioned the connected textures as a source of lag. I went and found a config option in chisel disabling them and my system is handling urban "wet work" far better than it was previously.

I'd mention you by name but my "google-fu" has failed me and I monitor too many CL related threads to go looking manually

*puts out a tray of cookies* "The person who claims these Kudos better not find the tray empty *glares sternly*

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I don't stop sifting. I stop sifting dust. After early game I have no reason to sift dust instead of gravel. Diamonds, emeralds, higher iron yield and coal, all of which I do need whereas I already have plenty of redstone and yellorium from the dust days and more redstone/cinnabar from pulverizing redstone ore pulled out of the cities.

Oic. I never stop doing any of them just expand continuously :3

Also. Fuck. Molten. Silver. And fuck ducts for needing an open hand.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Alas... Time for a new game. I ran into my city base just as dark settled and began tinkering when I realized too late that I forgot to block the door!

Whoops!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone heard from Iskandar? I just found myself wondering how his health was doing. I know he wasn't planning to be very active for awhile, but he doesn't appear to have so much as logged on since Tuesday morning.....

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
It must be nice to be post-redstone scarcity. Given that it takes 6 stacks of redstone to make 1 stack of PCB's, I can't imagine getting to that point (though I do have 87 of them currently, but if I set up AE, those will get eaten pretty fast). Meanwhile, I have 8 or 9 stacks of iron blocks and 30 or so stacks of coal I have virtually no use for (I guess I could turn them into diamonds...), while only having 4 or 5 stacks of redstone. Admittedly, more diamonds and emeralds are always nice.

But I'm admittedly weird...I even sift sand (though it's not as useful in CL as it was in AS...10k vinegar made from cactus fruit...)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
in defense of sifting sand...... its pretty dang vital, right up until you get ancient spores..... after that not so much.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
in defense of sifting sand...... its pretty dang vital, right up until you get ancient spores..... after that not so much.
I have over a stack of spores...someday I will go around and turn all the (non-existent) cows into mooshrooms.

....I think the sun's startimg to get to me.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
he updates his twitter pretty much every day.
one of these days I'm going to have to break down and do the twitter thing....... thanks, glad to see he's still kicking.[DOUBLEPOST=1409978823][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have over a stack of spores...someday I will go around and turn all the (non-existent) cows into mooshrooms.

....I think the sun's startimg to get to me.
lol, why would you shift that much sand??

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I swear when I watched that I wanted to smack him in the head for wasting all those bricks(ingot) crafting them 2x2 into brick.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I thought everyone was okay with the seared brick nerf when Iskandar said you can just melt cobble in the high oven for seared brick. You can also throw in compressed cobble.