[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just sent my first tweet and it was advice on how to circumvent the FDA.... I hope you're happy
bnwJA.jpg

sidenote: i really need to go watch death note again.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
lol, why would you shift that much sand??
Because I can? Also, I dislike the certus quartz dust->certus quartz recipe (it feels like cheating to me), so I'd rather get the certus quartz directly. Also also, it would bother me to sift gravel and dust but not sand. It's bad enough that I have no way to prodcue soul sand quickly enough to keep the fourth sieve always running.

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Am I doing something wrong?

I needed an emerald to progress the pneumaticraft quest line, so I had to sieve over 450 gravel. I kept pumping it through my Activator/water/hopper setup and took forever to get it. Okay, maybe I'm unlucky. There's a 1% chance of not having an emerald at 1% per sieve after 450 sieve attempts, and I guess that's me.

But now I need rain plant seeds. IE: Lapis. I obviously got one at some point, because I made the deep tank controller. But there's none in my sieve chest, and after putting 200 more through, still nothing. Assuming I did 600 gravel, at 5% odds, That's a 0.00000000000004% chance of happening.

Do I need to buy a lottery ticket, or am I doing it wrong? NEI says sieve gravel.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Am I doing something wrong?

I needed an emerald to progress the pneumaticraft quest line, so I had to sieve over 450 gravel. I kept pumping it through my Activator/water/hopper setup and took forever to get it. Okay, maybe I'm unlucky. There's a 1% chance of not having an emerald at 1% per sieve after 450 sieve attempts, and I guess that's me.

But now I need rain plant seeds. IE: Lapis. I obviously got one at some point, because I made the deep tank controller. But there's none in my sieve chest, and after putting 200 more through, still nothing. Assuming I did 600 gravel, at 5% odds, That's a 0.00000000000004% chance of happening.

Do I need to buy a lottery ticket, or am I doing it wrong? NEI says sieve gravel.
You are indeed correct about sifting gravel to get Emerald and Lapis.
Honestly I would be checking my outputs, even though each sieve is statistically independent you would still expect to have that 5% show up after 600 tries lol. 327 tries would give you a 99.99*% chance that at least one of those attempts was a Lapis. Of course you could always be that person that it never ever happens for seeing as how they are all statistically independent lol.

Check your outputs. The hoppers could have one in it because your connected chest didn't have a free slot for them or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomSquirter

ospis12

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I've got problem with my save. I spend some time on code in steve's factory manager, world crash, after that it crashes every time I try to open it.

Attachments

• crash-2014-09-06_16.04.10-server.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 59

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I've got problem with my save. I spend some time on code in steve's factory manager, world crash, after that it crashes every time I try to open it.
usually the easiest way to fix these kinds of problems is to go in with MCEdit and remove the crash-causing block.

Ofcourse you'll lose your manager, but you can cheat that back in, as for the program... well, it's probably a lost cause now, unfortunately these things happen.

protip: try adding aromabackup to your modlist, that way you can revert when stuff like this happens, it's a no-brainer to setup, default configs are usually fine.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It must be nice to be post-redstone scarcity. Given that it takes 6 stacks of redstone to make 1 stack of PCB's, I can't imagine getting to that point (though I do have 87 of them currently, but if I set up AE, those will get eaten pretty fast).

I didn't see any point in a large AE system since you can't get it until very late game, after most of the functionality I want from AE isn't that useful. By the time I can do it with AE in Crash Landing I've already done it with something else that is much cheaper. In my main world all I had for AE was crafting terminal, drive with a mix of fluid and item cells, and an interface. I just used it for my junk that there wasn't enough of to be worth a barrel.

Mid-game/late-game most of my redstone comes from ore, either from city chests, laser drill, or deep dark.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see any point in a large AE system since you can't get it until very late game, after most of the functionality I want from AE isn't that useful. By the time I can do it with AE in Crash Landing I've already done it with something else that is much cheaper. In my main world all I had for AE was crafting terminal, drive with a mix of fluid and item cells, and an interface. I just used it for my junk that there wasn't enough of to be worth a barrel.

Mid-game/late-game most of my redstone comes from ore, either from city chests, laser drill, or deep dark.
What exactly is the laser drill? I've played with MFR my fair share of time (fully automated farm - cow poop included), but I don't get to endgame very much in anything I play, so I don't know what the laser drill does.
Basic summary?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this a few days ago. So many restarts. Finally ported over Aroma Backups so I don't lose progression...but still. Anyway, found something strange with the mini-smeltry. ItemDuct underneath casting table [with ingot cast] set to extract into chest. Fluiduct pulling molten out of Crucible and pouring into casting table. Fluiduct is leaving 1mb of any metal mini-smeltry. Havent's figured out a way to get that 1mb out without breaking the crucible each time.