[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Huh got a dragonfruit tree for the first time. Sounds AND looks cool! :p And I'm scared. I don't want to go in the city without a Sync shell xD.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I never played mo' creatures, but several mobs from lycanites grief the heck out of dirt.... like 3 wide swathes.
I once fought a fire ogre in a tight cave passage.

It turned into a giant hollowed out sphere about 20 blocks across.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen a lycanite do that kind of griefing
I really wish I'd saved a screenshot. It pales in comparison to what happens if you don't seal the pyrotheum up on the first night, though.

Well, sounds like I should take a look at these mobs. Gotta wait for that time off...

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, keeping in that theme, if mekanism was in pack, it would be interesting to find a robit (I think that's the name). roaming around ship or whatever.
Argh, one more reason I really want Mekanism! Why'd you have to remind me of the cute lil robit? :<

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys so this is where I don't know what to do. I found a TiCon building. I put a glowstone block in it, then immediately got set upon by 8 pigmen (2 with bows)...I was able to run and get back to my base and needled the last 2 following me. How do I successfully get in and get the smeltery without being slaughtered? Any help is appreciated! :D (actually I should probably have this on the other thread...)

Another really effective way to get rid of the spawners without having to bury things is my best friend Tiny TNT. Get up on the roof of the building, bust a hole right above the spawner and pop a tiny tnt in the hole, light it, and let it land on the spawner. No more spawner! And no need to unburry the spawner to break it later. A "tactical" retreat may still be needed depending on what has spawned.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Another really effective way to get rid of the spawners without having to bury things is my best friend Tiny TNT. Get up on the roof of the building, bust a hole right above the spawner and pop a tiny tnt in the hole, light it, and let it land on the spawner. No more spawner! And no need to unburry the spawner to break it later. A "tactical" retreat may still be needed depending on what has spawned.
A much more elegant solution.... Kudos

*whips his inner fire bug for not using more tnt.*

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
That strategy is not as ideal for the spawner hidden in the pressure chambers and such, at least not in the mid game where every component block tends to be precious

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
That strategy is not as ideal for the spawner hidden in the pressure chambers and such, at least not in the mid game where every component block tends to be precious

I will give you that point, for that one i usually open up a hole over it and jump in, break it, and derp pole back out. Use the chamber as armor, don't let the monsters use it.

Reactions: cannajan

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I got to say, looking at that ship I fully expect to find sectoids and mutons inside. Really reminds me of the supply ships from XCOM.

Lycanites mobs are pretty neat. I ended up having to update it in my monster world because of a persistent crash bug, but ended up disabling it because those exploding skull things in the nether are ridiculous. Was flying around a nether fortress and they were just endlessly spawning, ended up blowing me up, all my gear fell into lava, and I rage quit. As soon as I killed/got exploded on by 4 or 5 of them, another group had spawned and was attacking me.

Really like the added mob diversity, though, which is why I'm enjoying Special Mobs (though I admit, if I had to go outside at night and actually fight more of them, I'd probably hate them. Plague zombies with bows suck.)

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
Dug under and around my CL ship and installed an elevator in the middle under it.
Feels like Samus.. me gusta metroid...:rolleyes:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while and decided to chime in since i'd like some opinions :eek:

Crash landing so far has been my first experience with SFM (steve's factory manager), and while I'm loving the mod since its incredibly useful and versatile, every time I use it I almost feel like I'm cheating. It's just so cheap and simple compared to other automation methods, I almost wonder why it's in the pack.

My specific question is what do you guys think about the sieving setup going around for SFM. Since it uses redstone to trick sfm into a 1-clock/ish it feels exploit-y to me (currently trying to decide whether to use sfm or just auto-activators). That and having a 1/ish clock running sfm kinda screams "oh noes, it'll lag" at me - I feel like it's going to break any second, or chug down my system, even if it doesn't (tested it so far with 1/2 a stack, no issues - except a nag in the back of my head).

So what do you guys think, should I ignore that nag in the back of my head, or switch to something else. Even though I realise either way will have no 'real' impact on anything whatsoever, realistically...

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while and decided to chime in since i'd like some opinions :eek:

Crash landing so far has been my first experience with SFM (steve's factory manager), and while I'm loving the mod since its incredibly useful and versatile, every time I use it I almost feel like I'm cheating. It's just so cheap and simple compared to other automation methods, I almost wonder why it's in the pack.

My specific question is what do you guys think about the sieving setup going around for SFM. Since it uses redstone to trick sfm into a 1-clock/ish it feels exploit-y to me (currently trying to decide whether to use sfm or just auto-activators). That and having a 1/ish clock running sfm kinda screams "oh noes, it'll lag" at me - I feel like it's going to break any second, or chug down my system, even if it doesn't (tested it so far with 1/2 a stack, no issues - except a nag in the back of my head).

So what do you guys think, should I ignore that nag in the back of my head, or switch to something else. Even though I realise either way will have no 'real' impact on anything whatsoever, realistically...
a bit of smoothstone redstone and some sticks and you can make a very fast comparator clock

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
It really doesn't cause lag. I've got 3 (sometimes 4 when I've got some soul sand...been making it 1 drum of water at a time) running pretty much constantly, and during the day my ticks take about 2.5...is it milliseconds? I can't recall at the moment. It more than doubles at night because of all the mobs. If you object to the ease of use, than you can of course use AA's, but I think you'd find them laggier.

Honestly, I hadn't used SFM prior to this pack, but I'm honestly in love with it...it's so nice to be able to program it to do things that just aren't workable with ducts. In this pack in particular it's nice because AE is so heavily gated behind pneumaticraft (and honestly annoying crafting recipes, as far as I'm concerned.

I was about to pull my hear out earlier trying to get SFM to regulate my kinetic compressor, but I finally managed to get it to work (though I'm honestly not quite sure why...it basically started working like I thought it should when I hit the invert box for the receiver.)[DOUBLEPOST=1409916616][/DOUBLEPOST]
a bit of smoothstone redstone and some sticks and you can make a very fast comparator clock
It's super easy to set up a 1-clock with just a couple repeaters, 4 redstone, and using a redstone torch plus a redstone block to start it up...it's how I was charging coils and keeping my AC engine running like butter when I was playing around wit hrotarycraft.

FluttershyQAQ

Jul 29, 2019
哦,作者大人你的模组包是那边下载的?我刚来连FTB的教程都没找到。。。
Oh, the adult your module package download is over there? I just can't findthe FTB tutorial...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen any thaumium in the city loot tables? Be kind of a nice metal to be able to find a few ingots for writable tools.[DOUBLEPOST=1409920115][/DOUBLEPOST]
哦,作者大人你的模组包是那边下载的?我刚来连FTB的教程都没找到。。。
Oh, the adult your module package download is over there? I just can't findthe FTB tutorial...
I'm not sure what you're trying to say......

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
It really doesn't cause lag. I've got 3 (sometimes 4 when I've got some soul sand...been making it 1 drum of water at a time) running pretty much constantly, and during the day my ticks take about 2.5...is it milliseconds? I can't recall at the moment. It more than doubles at night because of all the mobs. If you object to the ease of use, than you can of course use AA's, but I think you'd find them laggier.
I guess it was more that it's not really the intended use to setup timers that fast in SFM, if it was, the timer trigger would probably go below 1 sec. I think that's what bugs me a bit more.

Honestly, I hadn't used SFM prior to this pack, but I'm honestly in love with it...it's so nice to be able to program it to do things that just aren't workable with ducts. In this pack in particular it's nice because AE is so heavily gated behind pneumaticraft (and honestly annoying crafting recipes, as far as I'm concerned.
I'll probably keep it for now, since all it's really doing is making setups that aren't all that much more expensive at this point, since copper/lead/tin are fairly common as far in as I am, simpler and more compact. All it really takes is ducts + a few other mods and some ingenuity and I could probably replicate my sfm setups with the other mods in the pack.
I've only an auto-furnace setup (childs play), a pneumaticraft pcb/acid/uvbox setup (there was a design a few pages back that used flowing acid + ducts/dispenser/hopper effectively), and the seive, (AA).
So I save 2 hrs on a build, and really it doesn't cut costs a whole lot at this point

It's super easy to set up a 1-clock with just a couple repeaters, 4 redstone, and using a redstone torch plus a redstone block to start it up...it's how I was charging coils and keeping my AC engine running like butter when I was playing around wit hrotarycraft.
forgot about vanilla 1-clock timers... lolz

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen any thaumium in the city loot tables? Be kind of a nice metal to be able to find a few ingots for writable tools.

No Thaumcraft = No Thaumium. Paper will give you that extra modifier but I believe that has been blocked in the config. I tried a paper binding and no dice.

Speaking of modifiers on my first world I put mossy on everything, then when I got to the power age I wanted flux instead. This time I around I'm not putting mossy on anything and am just repairing with the practically infinite supply of bone meal Zombie Awareness provides me. I won't upgrade to alumite/steel until I can also put a nice flux capacitor on each tool as well.
Dug under and around my CL ship and installed an elevator in the middle under it.
I do the same thing, basement, ship's cabin, guard tower in a stack with 3 openblocks elevator blocks. Less time running between areas and a safe way into and out of the guard tower if I have pissed-off Endermen inside the perimeter. Guard tower gets me easy kills for the two quests and usually my first glistening melon, while be a good place to shoot down baby ghasts. The 3x3 around each elevator block is kept 2-high on each level so I can safely give the pan to any endermen who come inside, regardless of which level they get stuck on.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
No Thaumcraft = No Thaumium. Paper will give you that extra modifier but I believe that has been blocked in the config. I tried a paper binding and no dice.
YEah, you can't make thaumium, but it's still in

The parts are still in NEI leading me to wonder if we might get a few rare drops of ingots....... It never dawned on me that the parts would be there without the metal itself. Obviously they are added by separate mods, and just because the one isn't added, the others extraneous parts are not removed.