[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I went looking to see what this config option for trolling was, no dice. Read through alot of the fluff about the mod tho and they do talk about the reinforcement mechanic changes briefly which might explain some of the wierdness there.

but the baby spider. okay, that explains something. One night, on perch, was looking at all the mobs on other side of wall and I saw this giant skeleton, in sitting position, racing around like he was driving a go kart but nothing underneath. Now I know. He was riding a baby spider. rofl, that would have been funny to see up close. vroom vroom....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Probably a better idea than the quip I figured I'd get out of you....... seamen...... my inner 12 year old giggles......
Oh, I was so tempted.. trust me. I was tempted.... heh... he said seamen. hehe hehe cool.... hehe coool.... my best text version of beavis and butthead. I am cornholio, are you threatening me? I have teepeee........ teeeepeeee......

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Shane does a LOT of the work building buildings and such for the map..... I fully expect to see the wanderlust one day
I fully expect to hide in the thing while some new mob they unleash on us is added. yup. hide. Head crabs, sand worms, crocodiles with a brazillian wax. who knows what they'll unleash on us.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
OT again, but this is what drives me nuts now. AE2 is so damn different. this is a small representation of what an AE2 + mac setup looks like (and yes, in purple, don't ask). It's really really REALLY different.
dorkish.purple.ae.png
left is the controllers buried under cable and energy cells with the interfaces as facades setup. cables to some storage busses (not used), on right is the mac top part, which is totally different now, and those 2 setups are the actual things you use to create stuff using the mac as a cpu to govern them. One is a single crafting unit with multiple interfaces (i.e. one set of 9 pattens on each side, all sharing one crafting unit), the other is an interface surrounded by crafting units (opposite, one set of 9 patterns that can be used in any of those crafting units attached).

All in all, it makes you completely redefine how you do things. this is my very first stab at making one and yeah, it's freaking purple. heh
edit: derp spoiler tag

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 12791 View attachment 12792 :)

edit: read the data tablet and you will understand the first pic
Oh yes, I've seen the gaping hole...... I'm also wondering if the final version may have taken considerable damage re-entering without a pilot of any kind....... but then perhaps the auto pilot is better than the engineers broom pusher...... Our toon was hardly sold as a skilled pilot.[DOUBLEPOST=1409891729][/DOUBLEPOST]
jeez, that thing is gigantic. Can we expect iskandar to be the boss guarding the site, likely undead giant brutish vampire thief skeleton/zombie hybrid?
I'd expect something more along the lines of you have 30 minutes from the moment the chunk is loaded to get a reactor stabilized..... if you fail a LARGE pile of goodies becomes a LARGE crater...... with plenty of spawners thrown in to keep things interesting.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
@Shane2482: that ship looks great, except for the pancake shape of it. needs some more meat on the top, so it doesn't look so flat and dull. it's a mothership right? so maybe some kind of lounge with a viewing dome? hydroponics garden?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I think this was fallout new vegas, but it may have been FO3. There was a crashed car you find along the way and there's some skels in the car, etc.. but it's stuck in the side of a mountain, but you follow back a bit and you can see they tried to do a dukes of hazard jump that caused the incident. I wish there was a way to plop some skeletons a far distance from the thing and show them wedged into a dune or something about a mile away :) ballistic reentry for sure. Ya know, keeping in that theme, if mekanism was in pack, it would be interesting to find a robit (I think that's the name). roaming around ship or whatever.

Reactions: Badgerpendous

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
@Shane2482: that ship looks great, except for the pancake shape of it. needs some more meat on the top, so it doesn't look so flat and dull. it's a mothership right? so maybe some kind of lounge with a viewing dome? hydroponics garden?
yea like i said earlyer Iskandar is wanting to add some custom decorative blocks that im waiting on before fleshing it out so this is the best i can do for now.
And thanks to all for the likes

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ehh, I've always been of the opinion that if we ever achieve ftl travel it's more likely to be in a hollowed out asteroid (probably Ice) than a thin skinned vessel. Big windows would especially be dangerous. I'd argue, keep the hull thick and durable and let the crew see whats around them via video feed. portholes should be small, infrequent, and in areas with low population densities that are easily isolated.

Obviously most space operas introduce some form of mysterious force field that protects against strikes yet has an awful bad habit of going down rather frequently.

but then that's me, and I've more than once been described as a "party pooper"

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I could see a large flat surface also being handy for a grappling system for recovering smaller craft. Docking can be quit problematic, nerve racking and extremely fuel inefficient. allowing the smaller craft to progress at port speed along a featureless hull dragging a hook, picking up a grappling line. The mother ship then feeds out line with gradual resistance, eventually using that line to recover the vessel.

That said, that really isn't the way Shane's lain out the upper hull of the wanderlust and without a doubt I'm over thinking the concept.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Landing got crabs 2014-09-05_01.17.29.png what not big enuf 2014-09-05_01.16.49.png there better. No! you want giant worms well here you go 2014-09-05_01.16.31.png

OOOOO man Iskandar could have so much fun with this mod it alows you to chouse what mobs you want, how often they spawn, there HP, there drops, how much damage they do and much more. O and did i mention theres Giant Crabs and Worms[DOUBLEPOST=1409894835][/DOUBLEPOST]
hmm, I could see a large flat surface also being handy for a grappling system for recovering smaller craft. Docking can be quit problematic, nerve racking and extremely fuel inefficient. allowing the smaller craft to progress at port speed along a featureless hull dragging a hook, picking up a grappling line. The mother ship then feeds out line with gradual resistance, eventually using that line to recover the vessel.

That said, that really isn't the way Shane's lain out the upper hull of the wanderlust and without a doubt I'm over thinking the concept.
look close at the back of the ship yes thats 2 shuttles in the shuttle bay

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Landing got crabs View attachment 12793 what not big enuf View attachment 12794 there better. No! you want giant worms well here you go View attachment 12795

OOOOO man Iskandar could have so much fun with this mod it alows you to chouse what mobs you want, how often they spawn, there HP, there drops, how much damage they do and much more. O and did i mention theres Giant Crabs and Worms[DOUBLEPOST=1409894835][/DOUBLEPOST]
look close at the back of the ship yes thats 2 shuttles in the shuttle bay
Those mobs also don't tend to despawn and many will spawn regardless of light level........ perfect, though I'm not sure how much lag they cause.......