[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
A word of advice to everyone if you want to get as many ores as you can with as little sifting as posible sift gravel turn that to gravel ore dust x nilo Hamer that to crushed ore with turns to sand ore then x nilo hammer it agin and it turns to the dust you know from sifting dust but each time it gives more than the last so it can multiply your ore production by any ware from 1.5 to 12 times as much ore (1.5 to 4 if you don't have smeltery or high furnace)

Edit: I just looked at it agin and apparently you need fortune or something on the hammer to get the 1 gravel ore to 2 sand ore to 4 dust ore thing but without a luck hammer it's from 1.5 to 3.0625

Last edited:

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched ep6 of dw20+pahi. otherwise known as the ep where he gets back at pahimar for killing him.... :)

Yeah, the more I watch them, the more I think it would be so awesome to play this with someone cause it does take alot of stress off that must do everything at once mode you get stuck in for first week or so.

I've played it solo and with other people. It's always more fun with other people. But with the gun, it can get a little "hectic" if you don't turn PvP off...LOL

Reactions: moded guy 123

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
A word of advice to everyone if you want to get as many ores as you can with as little sifting as posible sift gravel turn that to gravel ore dust x nilo Hamer that to crushed ore with turns to sand ore then x nilo hammer it agin and it turns to the dust you know from sifting dust but each time it gives more than the last so it can multiply your ore production by any ware from 1.5 to 12 times as much ore (1.5 to 4 if you don't have smeltery or high furnace)
ore use the pulverizer. Iskandar setup recipes so it gives you extras as well, so later one when you have power, you don't have to use the activator for automation (with hammer).

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's really unfair to have your life ended by one of those baby skels, but I do agree with you. I don't think the vampire pig zombies should be taken out. The wooden swords (and I guess wooden tico dagger) will deal with them, then that seems fair.

But those skels. those baby skels that have been mainlining pixie stix really are too much. They appear out of nowhere, take your weapon, and then bail and either they hit you like the flash, or run off with said weapon never to be seen again. Too much death by RNG. If you could only slow them down by half, I'd be fine with keeping them, but they are just such death in a tiny package, it does seem too unfair. to me. They are, to me, the only mob that should be altered somehow. I'm fine with everything else, as I said above re: vampire pig zombies.

If they had a counter, then yeah. that would be fine too. if you hit em with your pan, do they slow down? I know, they steal pan first, but does a splash potion of slow or whatever exist, and if so, maybe that's worth testing, but then you never know when to expect them.

I flew home one night after a haul from city and on the way home, I saw 4 of those buggers racing around the desert like the road runner.

Where is Wile E Coyote when you need him!
I tend to carry a secondary melee weapon in my hotbar that I can switch to in a hurry, and always keep some materials handy to pillar up out of reach. They are far more of an issue in open terrain......, but then again I avoid open terrain. They've gotten me, and I cursed them till I was blue in the face, but learned from it and simply play with more care.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh Hexerin taking a stab at Special Mobs? You are going to have so much fun.
i started with them enabled, then disabled because of issues. i'm giving it another shot and lowering my standards to use workarounds, because vanilla mobs are still as boring as ever.

Those mini skellies and zombies are like Quicksilver. Walls and pits are the only thing that can save you lol. Trap them in the pits and let the sun deal with them hehehe. They are hilarious to watch run around though. Sometimes I get worried they are going to do a running jump and clear my wall.
there's a limit to what i'm willing to deal with, and what basically amounts to speedhacks is past that limit. if i can disable the trait, i'll disable the trait, otherwise i'm disabling the entire mob line (or failing that, the entire mod... again).

Vampire Pigmen ... You need a wood knife to fight them. Any other weapon does next to 0 damage. Also they will 2 hit you in full invar.
bm5i1.jpg

Just watched ep6 of dw20+pahi. otherwise known as the ep where he gets back at pahimar for killing him.... Yeah, the more I watch them, the more I think it would be so awesome to play this with someone cause it does take alot of stress off that must do everything at once mode you get stuck in for first week or so.
maps in minecraft are always more fun with friends, even if the map isn't designed for it.

I tend to carry a secondary melee weapon in my hotbar that I can switch to in a hurry, and always keep some materials handy to pillar up out of reach. They are far more of an issue in open terrain......, but then again I avoid open terrain. They've gotten me, and I cursed them till I was blue in the face, but learned from it and simply play with more care.
you switch to secondary weapon, and then get that taken as well. it's an endless vicious cycle, that mixed with stunlocking, ends up with you as a pile of items on the ground.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
ore use the pulverizer. Iskandar setup recipes so it gives you extras as well, so later one when you have power, you don't have to use the activator for automation (with hammer).
Well yes but due to the fact that the recipys for all the thermal expantion was nerfed it's now kind of late game to get that setup but the actual x nilo Hamer is a very early game way to increase ore amounts

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, I do agree. Let's put it this way. I would agree 100% that without some sort of big bad or something horrible this way comes that can end your existence in a flash (see what I did there?) then going out has no real risk. I guess having one mob that has zero counters probably should be left in since there has to be something RNG wise that skools you and doesn't take prisoners.

I was playing bnb once, got all my crap with me, heading out one day to mine or something, long way from house, ran into a pack of about 20-30 of those invaders that I've been laughing at, dying under my house. I swear one of them said "Well Well Well, who do we have here? Someone not in their safe little house eh?" I ran so fast to get away but they mobbed me, killed me and left me speechless. Those guys were the only ones I was always worried about.

Upon further thought, I agree 100%. I hope iskandar doesn't altar the Special mobs configs.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or does it seem like the heat inside your ship should be more than the outside because it's made of metal with is a lot better heat conductor than dust and it's an enclosed space with a small exit meaning it's harder for heat to escape it so it would produce a miniature greenhouse effect making it even hotter

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
you switch to secondary weapon, and then get that taken as well. it's an endless vicious cycle, that mixed with stunlocking, ends up with you as a pile of items on the ground.

And my general strategy for a creature as full of "nope" as baby thieves is to get myself out of their reach as quickly as possible. They don't tend to ground and pound you like the brutes....... you should generally be able to pillar away from them and cope with them at your leisure....... the secondary weapons are more to let you take pot shots as they run past once you are out of their reach.

obviously if I have one available and am looking for trouble a jet pack can be real handy..........

Boy, can they be hard to hit with ranged weapons.[DOUBLEPOST=1409887613][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it just me or does it seem like the heat inside your ship should be more than the outside because it's made of metal with is a lot better heat conductor than dust and it's an enclosed space with a small exit meaning it's harder for heat to escape it so it would produce a miniature greenhouse effect making it even hotter
Except that any ship designed for re-entry is going to have insanely effective insulation. obviously allot depends on what kind of super science this particular space shuttle is built upon, but it's reasonable to believe it would be able to insulate effectively against survivable temperature ranges.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
i think i found the source of @Genshou's troubles with specialmobs.

bm7hh.png

also, no, this isn't fake. that's actually in the file. i have no idea what it actually does, but found it a rather interesting coincidence.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
]
Except that any ship designed for re-entry is going to have insanely effective insulation. obviously allot depends on what kind of super science this particular space shuttle is built upon, but it's reasonable to believe it would be able to insulate effectively against survivable temperature ranges.
And yes it can be argued that that same level of insulation could lead to a build up of un-vented heat. This would be a lot harder to explain ntil you look at today's answers to space ship insulation. it is quit possible that the insulation was stripped fro the shuttles lower surfaces during the landing. conductive heat would then help cool the interior. while sureley damaged the insulation on the upper surfaces could have remained intact enough to provide considerable shelter.

There are many variables that could be used to explain it either way. I could see Iskandar following your opinion, but I think it's completley logical for it to remain as is.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
And my general strategy for a creature as full of "nope" as baby thieves is to get myself out of their reach as quickly as possible. They don't tend to ground and pound you like the brutes....... you should generally be able to pillar away from them and cope with them at your leisure....... the secondary weapons are more to let you take pot shots as they run past once you are out of their reach.

obviously if I have one available and am looking for trouble a jet pack can be real handy..........

Boy, can they be hard to hit with ranged weapons.[DOUBLEPOST=1409887613][/DOUBLEPOST]
So the ship builders where smart enough to put in a super cooling insulation system but not smart enough to put an escape pod or an ejector seat?

# logic fail

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
So the ship builders where smart enough to put in a super cooling insulation system but not smart enough to put an escape pod or an ejector seat?

# logic fail
last I hear our current space vehicles have "super" efficient insulation yet generally lack true escape pods let alone ejector seats. If you read the fluff the shuttle itself could be called an escape pod. Our toon escaped his mothership in the thing.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
last I hear our current space vehicles have "super" efficient insulation yet generally lack true escape pods let alone ejector seats. If you read the fluff the shuttle itself could be called an escape pod. Our toon escaped his mothership in the thing.
Oh I thought this was the mother ship but like all of it broke of in the crash/reentry

# self logic fail
Derp :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I should also point out that even while I've suggested some escape pods for terrain objects...... escape pods, let alone ejector seats become rather problematic when you consider the huge distances involved in space travel. Without some serious super science tech you'd likely just be putting yourself in a smaller tin can in which to expire....... There are reasons seamen will tell you that you don't get in a life raft until you're stepping UP into it.

edit: spelling and stuff

Last edited:

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
I can't help but think I should make a joke about combing the desert and space balls. :) looking for escape pods. hehe

YES! Shane you should add in Yogurt's place! (buried ofc)[DOUBLEPOST=1409889765][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, what are some good texture packs? Most people I know use Faithful (I don't have one right now)...are there any shaders? (<--my computer will hate me for asking that :p)

Reactions: moded guy 123

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
She's coming along, kudos
yea i got it done now im just waiting on the new blocks to decorate with[DOUBLEPOST=1409890260][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, what are some good texture packs? Most people I know use Faithful (I don't have one right now)...are there any shaders? (<--my computer will hate me for asking that :p)
sortex (realistic) and sphax bdcraft (cartoonish) both have really good mod support