[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
that's my ugly design :) I take full credit for that. remember, first, and having no clue are important adjectives to apply to it.

He needs some trance music tho to go along with the controller. Or a seizure warning.

I meant specifically the textures not your implementation haha.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask, does anyone know how the vanilla tools were nerfed? Im doing some tweaks to another pack and have set the default damage value of a crafted vanilla tool to a few uses using minetweaker but players can still combine multiple to "repair" them in the crafting grid, Iskandar seems to have gotten around that but I cannot find the config/mod thats allowing this. Any ideas?

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
So I started up a new world and decided to rush to the city. I had considered trying for day 1, but I felt like I'd have a better chance (and likely a bit more fun) making it there on day two. That way I could have a pick for disabling the spawners/etc.

I know the better MC players likely did this months ago, using just a single stick and a block of dust, but it was a fun challenge for me at my level. :)

I did the typical day 1 start, except that I didn't bother with trenching -- I just gathered 1 stack of dust and dug a few 1x1x3 pits near the door. I chopped a few trees and got a silkworm to drop (finally, on the 4th tree!).

At night, I built the ticon benches and tools, then sifted dust. Just before morning I packed up the two strongboxes and dismantled some of the ship (need those lights!). I also set a waypoint so I could find my way back for the pyro. I grabbed everything once most of the critters had died in the sun and went outside swinging the mattock.

Chopped the last tree and gathered some drops and then set out north/north east toward the city that's usually up there. In hindsight, I think the city that's always at the south end of the road to the east was probably closer...

I ran right into the bottom floor of the typical 3 story office building and used the pick to clear the spawner. I went up the elevator and managed to clear all three floors. I dropped a road light in the center of floor 2 and floor 3 (turns out that's not really enough coverage!) and then went down to the ground level and started blocking up the windows.

That night, two spiders came in through the holes I didn't close way up at the top of the walls and I nearly died.

I struggled with food for a bit, but I got lucky and found some beef jerky in one of the chests. Also found a hidden chest I didn't know about.

- Some resources are plentiful in the city, allowing for a more varied play style:
- String (via cobwebs if you have/find/make a sword)
- Wool (can also be a later source of string and dyes, albeit rare/expensive)
- Books
- Cold Water
- Chests (hey, that's two logs each!)
- Black cobble (used to make slab furnace, furnace, and many other vanilla cobble recipes)
- Smeltery/oven blocks
- PC parts/machines
- Elevator blocks
- Odd blocks/furniture/stained glass/file cabinets/trashcans/flowerpots/planks/wood slabs
- Probably other stuff I've overlooked

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask, does anyone know how the vanilla tools were nerfed? Im doing some tweaks to another pack and have set the default damage value of a crafted vanilla tool to a few uses using minetweaker but players can still combine multiple to "repair" them in the crafting grid, Iskandar seems to have gotten around that but I cannot find the config/mod thats allowing this. Any ideas?

Iskandar just set durability to 1 as far as I know, so if you already know how to change durability, (as you've already stated) you already have your answer. Unless I'm missing something...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar just set durability to 1 as far as I know, so if you already know how to change durability, (as you've already stated) you already have your answer. Unless I'm missing something...

Yes and the one durability makes it so that it can't ever be repaired becuase repairing gives a percentage and when it has zero durability to get to 1 would be hard if not impossible..... Needs more testing

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019

I'm going with the TiCon option in the config - B:"Remove Vanilla Tool Effectiveness"=true

I think this is meant to make the original tools basically rubbish by setting wood/stone to like 1 durability, iron to 2 durability

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
哦,作者大人你的模组包是那边下载的?我刚来连FTB的教程都没找到。。。
Oh, the adult your module package download is over there? I just can't findthe FTB tutorial...
機械翻訳は楽しいです。これらによってはあなたのために有用でないことがあります。
http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki
http://bit.ly/1u6Owdr
http://bit.ly/1tyPhgw

machine translation is fun. these may or may not be useful for you:
http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki
http://bit.ly/1u6Owdr
http://bit.ly/1tyPhgw

Last edited:

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
So I started up a new world and decided to rush to the city. I had considered trying for day 1, but I felt like I'd have a better chance (and likely a bit more fun) making it there on day two. That way I could have a pick for disabling the spawners/etc.

I know the better MC players likely did this months ago, using just a single stick and a block of dust, but it was a fun challenge for me at my level. :)
[/spoiler]
You know... I think this sounds like a fun Idea... Gonna do it now...

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
City Rush Game -
Day 1: Interupted by Puppy waking up and wanting to play at 2am... T_T Try again when she sleep...

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm waiting for peoples reaction to the terrain smashers....... in BnB it was always fun to have a troll find your first night hovel....... COurse most people have griefing off and I bet the lycanthrope terrain smashers would not recognize dust as breakable.
I had forgot about those. yeah, griefing personified. My first experience with lycanties was early on had a base, all was good, then I got this clipping error that scared the crap out of me. an invisible outline of a VERY TALL creature (best way to explain it) clipped through my 8 high wall at night but it was so quick I couldn't really tell wth I was looking at. Next thing this thing was making noises, I couldn't sleep cause bnb :) and I had to hide in my house all night with TRENT trying to break in. I thought it was a named monster, maybe one of eyamaz's cousins. Didn't realize till next day when I saw a smaller trent roaming around that I realized. knock knock, who's there, TRENT DEATH.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
City Rush Game -
Day 1: Started Hard, planted Spruce, Luck Bonemeal in 2 leaving 9 meal leftover. Tree came with 9 logs, made enough in one tree to make Bone Pickaxe and Mattock. Able to get a single sapling due to no crooking. Grabbed all possible items to grab that could be of use, strongboxed them, crescent hammered the boxes and moved to the road nearby and traveled to city, forgot to waypoint ship, but will go looking for it later, hopefully.
Night 1: Staying in top floor of an Office building, looks like it used to be an office due to chair present here, sealed the windows with spare glass from ship as night fell. Found some extra food inside on the chests on the second floor, don't know how long it will last me though. Shifted some dust on me but now waiting for day to come for me to be able to explore the city. I will make this Officeplace my homebase...
Morning of Day 2: The sun is up, but I hear sounds down below, they got in. I will try to escape... I hear hissing...

Reactions: ScottieC

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
do the city ruins have furnaces or stone? otherwise i'm not seeing that much of an advantage to making your base in the city ruins as opposed to the ship. you'd pretty much be forcing yourself into the longer path of sifting dust for stones, not to mention the amount of water and hunger you're losing due to lack of glider travel. on the flip side, the proximity to the city ruin means that once you get water/food stability, you don't have to make the long trips that take most of the day, allowing more time to explore each day.

Last edited:

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
do the city ruins have furnaces or stone? otherwise i'm not seeing that much of an advantage to making your base in the city ruins as opposed to the ship. you'd pretty much be forcing yourself into the longer path of sifting dust for stones, not to mention the amount of water and hunger you're losing due to lack of glider travel. on the flip side, the proximity to the city ruin means that once you get water/food stability, you don't have to make the long trips that take most of the day, allowing more time to explore each day.
1: Its a challenge.
2: Road is Cobblestone.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
City Rush Game -
Morning of Day 2: The sun is up, but I hear sounds down below, they got in. I will try to escape... I hear hissing...

Sweet!

I debated trying the top floor, but in the end I stayed low...

Got a really decent pile of drops after the sunrise, just at the base of the office walls. Tonight I hope to get the cobblegen/food situation sorted out...

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
1: Its a challenge.
obviously.

2: Road is Cobblestone.
well then my original line of thought applies: there's literally no reason not to do the city ruin start. everything you can get at your ship, you can get at the city ruins just as easily, and a lot of things are even easier there. plus, as i already said, the proximity allows better exploration per day compared to ship start. you guys are onto something here, time to join the fun myself!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
speaking of exploring the city ruins... is the mod that generates them capable of just generating one massive city ruin, rather than infinite numbers of small ones? would honestly be more fun imo, since it couldn't be entirely explored in a single day.

also, iskandar mentioned in the purplementat interview that he's planning to bury the city ruins under the dust. once that's in, wouldn't it render the city ruin start plan non-viable? you couldn't just turn a random building into your base anymore, since the night's mobs would all be at your base exit...

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Don't the chests and loot from them make up for most of what you'd need though?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Don't the chests and loot from them make up for most of what you'd need though?
there's three things you must obtain from city ruins (that i personally am aware of):
- smeltery and high oven blocks from the pre-generated smelteries and high ovens
- random pneumaticraft machines laying around
- pressure chamber blocks from those special spawners

the loot chests are just random junk from what i remember seeing in playthroughs.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
So last night I was doing some digging as would be expected when expanding a subterranean lair. I miscounted and breached my own defenses. Luckily it was day, unfortunately there were creepers waiting for precisely this folly. The fight that followed would surely have earned me a nod of respect from John Rambo and a T1 unit had they been present to bear witness. Stick and move, stick and move...dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee...the best offense is a good defense...U need a beer...they all ran thru my head. Then disaster, I got stuck in a corner, I heard that telltale hiss, and BOOM!! (facepalm)

Two min ir so later I finally look up expecting the red tinted screen with the game over message with the inevitable restart only to see a clear screen and health regenerating! I don't know how nor do I know why, but apparently the gods of dust and creepers decided to kill me another day. No armor, and my chosen tool of destruction is an alumite mattock.

As I still stand, day 188. Hard way, no bed. No sync chamber. Still have yet to start PC quests. Since I just had the bejeezus scared outta me again, I'm sure I can make it 12 more days to reach that magic 200 day milestone. I'm going to have a party and make pie. All my friends will be there too, that toenail clipping I call Tom, the creeper head twins Richard and Rita, Skelly Head Shelly, the bit of bellybutton lint named Lucy, that underarm hair named Arnold, and even the leader of the substance abuse group (aka zombies) Lindsay Lohan will be invited. Oh and we can't forget my invisible imaginary friend Bob.

I think maybe I've spent too much time in the sun...or maybe the fever is coming back..... :)

Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
the loot chests are just random junk from what i remember seeing in playthroughs.

Random yes, and quite often junk, but I've gotten a few diamonds, water/food when I really needed them, and a lot of redstone ore... Oh, and heart canisters. :)

I'm hoping to completely dismantle one of the two nearest towers next time I play so that I have plenty of raw materials (besides cobble). I really like @FunshineX's city build. I'll go for something much less ambitious though.

And with the city raiding, I'll have all the trashcans and flowerpots I can use! :)