[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
I will say that they are both about equally cheap. Torches require tree farming and or cobble gathering and gravel sifting, then several crafting steps to get torches out of those materials. All used items are completely renewable in this pack. Glowstone nooks require 8 glowstone, which requires sifting dust, and a saw, which requires sifting gravel or smelting iron. These also require several crafting steps to get the end product. The real difference between them is the heat, and torches don't put off that much heat.

I agree with you; however, you can make a stone saw. Takes 3 stone tool rods, 2 sticks, and 1 flint. Just as a heads-up. ^^

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
anyways, like all these types of conversations I doubt we'll comes to a conclusion...... I'll leave off here. I fully accept that as usual I'm likely in the minority.

We're all the minority :p

We all have individual tastes which is what makes to good to add yours to the mix.

The reason I replied though was that it seems as though Iskandar had already made his decision on them because he understood the common use of them yet did nothing to make them bad to use. That's why I suggested personal config changes because that's the best and quickest way to make the pack more suit your tastes :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
We're all the minority :p

We all have individual tastes which is what makes to good to add yours to the mix.

The reason I replied though was that it seems as though Iskandar had already made his decision on them because he understood the common use of them yet did nothing to make them bad to use. That's why I suggested personal config changes because that's the best and quickest way to make the pack more suit your tastes :p
oh, I realize that, but sometimes my conversations can dominate the thread for quit some time..... Sometimes it's better to make the point, see what everyone has to say and move along... lol

The Dev team will have the opportunity to see the debate and either make or reassess the decision as things stand without me/us rehashing it over and over again for days.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, but you still have to get the flint, or find it as a drop from a monster.
Have you seen the sheer amount of tough spiders every morning? If you can't get one flint on your first few mornings without walls, your combat abilities are deplorable.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
oh, I realize that, but sometimes my conversations can dominate the thread for quit some time..... Sometimes it's better to make the point, see what everyone has to say and move along... lol

The Dev team will have the opportunity to see the debate and either make or reassess the decision as things stand without me/us rehashing it over and over again for days.
My concern regarding difficulty solely based on individual config changes is that it's nice to have all of us coming from similar places when we discuss the pack. Mega builds at max difficulty deserve a bit of respect..... the same build in peaceful mode, well not so much.

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
I think I just ran into a bug, I am assuming it is with Pneumatic Craft. Anyway, I was in creative trying to understand how drones work so I decided to demolish a city building with drones.

Really simple program one drone "digs" the building and another picks up the drops. Make sure to put multiple dispenser upgrades (a full stack seems to work well enough) in the pick up drone, it sees the chisel blocks as the same item, but cannot put them all in the same inventory space, otherwise it just sits there after picking up one of those blocks.

This works well for a little while, then I'm not able to open any inventory screens or interact with any blocks and the drones and mobs stop moving. I can still move, everything is still animating and I can still place blocks. After waiting for a few minutes, things catch up really fast, then everything stops again.

So I put the pneumatic helmet on to see if it is something specific the drones are trying to do that is causing the issue. I noticed that while the pickup drone was targeting a spot that didn't have any items near by. I use the pneumatic wrench to pick up the drone (have to wait a bit after right clicking it, may take a few minutes) and the issue stops. I can also place a block on the spot the drone is targeting and it will pick another item to pick up. The new item may or may not be one of these phantom items, which may result in everything freezing again.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have not used pneumatic craft much, so I am not sure if this is a common problem with the mod or if there is some sort of conflict specific with the crash landing mod pack?

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen the sheer amount of tough spiders every morning? If you can't get one flint on your first few mornings without walls, your combat abilities are deplorable.

It was more of a generalization on the different ways to get flint. Not everyone does want to go out and fight spiders. It can be much safer in the beginning to simply run away and let everything despawn. In this pack I personally try to avoid fighting whenever possible.

Also, no, I don't always see a lot of tough spiders. My luck usually sticks me with nothing but creepers in the morning. ;)

Reactions: LostBMe

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It was more of a generalization on the different ways to get flint. Not everyone does want to go out and fight spiders. It can be much safer in the beginning to simply run away and let everything despawn. In this pack I personally try to avoid fighting whenever possible.

Also, no, I don't always see a lot of tough spiders. My luck usually sticks me with nothing but creepers in the morning. ;)
Meh. Some cobble to hammer and then sift isn't THAT expensive. I generally have stones (the items) coming out of my EARS (or should I say sieves?) by the time I actually have a cobble gen. :p

EDIT: Plus, if you just open a door-shaped hole, you can kill the spiders, and a single block removed can be used to kill creepers. You can also make a bunch of weapons, such as:
Mattocks - a bone mattock deals SIX damage in one hit. No kidding. I used wooden handle and bone other stuff. Note: That's a half heart less than a diamond sword. OP or what?
Frying pans - the knockback is fantastic, it keeps most stuff too far away to attack, even the tough spiders.
Daggers - these can be thrown. Kind of a pain, but you know... I gotta list everything.
Bows - admittedly, you DO need some string first, but once you've got that, you can kind of destroy everything through your window. No matter how good your sword is, even a vanilla bow will rival or be better than it - and that's just in terms of damage, not counting range.

Last edited:

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Meh. Some cobble to hammer and then sift isn't THAT expensive. I generally have stones (the items) coming out of my EARS (or should I say sieves?) by the time I actually have a cobble gen. :p

EDIT: Plus, if you just open a door-shaped hole, you can kill the spiders, and a single block removed can be used to kill creepers. You can also make a bunch of weapons, such as:
Mattocks - a bone mattock deals SIX damage in one hit. No kidding. I used wooden handle and bone other stuff. Note: That's a half heart less than a diamond sword. OP or what?
Frying pans - the knockback is fantastic, it keeps most stuff too far away to attack, even the tough spiders.
Daggers - these can be thrown. Kind of a pain, but you know... I gotta list everything.
Bows - admittedly, you DO need some string first, but once you've got that, you can kind of destroy everything through your window. No matter how good your sword is, even a vanilla bow will rival or be better than it - and that's just in terms of damage, not counting range.

Umm, the original point was that it isn't any easier or harder to get glowstone vs torches. I think we've agreed on that point by now and can let that topic go.

I'm also very glad you enjoy playing the game the way you play it. I too enjoy playing the way I play. I hope we can agree on that and move on from that topic too.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I set up an MFR planter/harvester combo to do some food farming, and it's got some issues. Pam's Harvestcraft plants that get broken by the harvester don't seem to be dropping seeds (they did in AS, btw.) I've tested this with soybeans, peanuts, rice, onions and Pam's mushrooms. I managed to deal with it via SFM (it's crafting the harvested items into seeds and placing them in the planter if there's room) but I'm not sure if it's configured to work this way, or if there's some kind of bug.

Reactions: ScottieC

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the Creeper Pit...on the bright side no other mobs spawn now. There are too many creepers in the hole so nothing else seems to be spawning near me xD.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, the original point was that it isn't any easier or harder to get glowstone vs torches. I think we've agreed on that point by now and can let that topic go.

I'm also very glad you enjoy playing the game the way you play it. I too enjoy playing the way I play. I hope we can agree on that and move on from that topic too.
Hmm. True. But now my point is the OP-ness (not to be said out loud, similar to 1080p - ness) of tinker's mattocks! They chop wood, till earth, and bash zombie heads in for as much damage as a diamond sword! (technically a half heart less, but that's unimportant)

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
so just want to clarify something. is this actually zero percent chance, or is it just minecraft being derpy and rounding a decimal?

bkeIG.jpg

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, I set up an MFR planter/harvester combo to do some food farming, and it's got some issues. Pam's Harvestcraft plants that get broken by the harvester don't seem to be dropping seeds (they did in AS, btw.) I've tested this with soybeans, peanuts, rice, onions and Pam's mushrooms. I managed to deal with it via SFM (it's crafting the harvested items into seeds and placing them in the planter if there's room) but I'm not sure if it's configured to work this way, or if there's some kind of bug.
It's intended. you'll need to setup some automation to create seeds. AE, SFM, etc....

as far as glowstone nooks go, afaict, iskandar concentrated on things that were obvious exploits. I'm sure these are somewhere on his hit list. there's also glowstone glass and glowstone bricks (2 types), that I use that don't emit heat but do light. Yes, these are alot easier to make (nooks) but it's not such a huge exploit. I'm sure it's on his bucket list. If you could turn those nooks into water buckets, yeah, that would have gotten his attention. :)
As far as the Creeper Pit...on the bright side no other mobs spawn now. There are too many creepers in the hole so nothing else seems to be spawning near me xD.
and they make absolutely no noise. aren't they awesome little critters? :}

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It's intended. you'll need to setup some automation to create seeds. AE, SFM, etc....

as far as glowstone nooks go, afaict, iskandar concentrated on things that were obvious exploits. I'm sure these are somewhere on his hit list. there's also glowstone glass and glowstone bricks (2 types), that I use that don't emit heat but do light. Yes, these are alot easier to make (nooks) but it's not such a huge exploit. I'm sure it's on his bucket list. If you could turn those nooks into water buckets, yeah, that would have gotten his attention. :)

and they make absolutely no noise. aren't they awesome little critters? :}
Hey! You missed my mattock exploit! :eek: