[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
hehe Ok starbuck. I am so in love with those soartex baby creepers, I'm thinking of actually getting an avatar that I didn't find using google in 2 minutes for the sake of having one. Like me hugging a creeper squirting out doom or something. Those things are so cuddly the way they walk up to you and pew pew pew you.... :) TBH, have you played with ars magica 2? I think that's the mod that brings those cute fireworks creepers. scared the crap outta me, one ran into my house, left door open, saw creeper, was against wall, nowhere to go, and he explodes into these little fireworks and I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, like a nuke or something. Laughed so damn hard at those guys. They're just misunderstood. They want to hug you but can't, cause they gots no arms. *big sads*

and OT OT I guess, yesterday, I played with terrafirmacraft. yeah. do -- not -- want. at all. jeez. I felt like I was being punished for something I did. yeah, you go over there and pick up rocks for the next hour... let's stack wood in piles since they are too big to fit in a chest. let's sit in water to 'drink' the water. nope. CL is just fine for me.

You keep talking about the adorable Soartex mini-creepers. I too use Soartex, but all I see is little miniature minions of the Big Death. They scare the bejesus out of me.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You keep talking about the adorable Soartex mini-creepers. I too use Soartex, but all I see is little miniature minions of the Big Death. They scare the bejesus out of me.
I hate creepers. They are, to me, the epitome of evil in MC. but those cute little guys.... damn if I don't wanna take them home with me. yup. somethings wrong with me for sure.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
beware. If it's as buggy as the galacticraft invisible oxygen things you need on moon, etc... they interfere with just about everything. I had doors that wouldn't open/close cause of those suckers. Invisible objects with forge not validing the isair() function or whatever will be bad overall. think railcraft invisible blocks, etc...[DOUBLEPOST=1409726958][/DOUBLEPOST]
*rofl* sorry, that's my bad. I got on your world and put a Take a Number thing and it's constantly saying 00 above it. I think they're getting pissed.
Yeah I'm not exactly sure how I would get it to detect if the room was enclosed or not most of the methods I can think of off the top of my head would be extremely calculation heavy or super un-reliable. I think the best bet would be to go with something that works off the mod.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm not exactly sure how I would get it to detect if the room was enclosed or not most of the methods I can think of off the top of my head would be extremely calculation heavy or super un-reliable. I think the best bet would be to go with something that works off the mod.
you could always do it the way industrialcraft did it with the wind generators, that seemed to have no problems working correctly (even if the power generation was buggy at times). alternatively, you could just do a simple 'can see sky?' check.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
you could always do it the way industrialcraft did it with the wind generators, that seemed to have no problems working correctly (even if the power generation was buggy at times). alternatively, you could just do a simple 'can see sky?' check.

Neither of those really work in this situation as It'd be looking to see if an entire structure was enclosed and/or losing air cooling based on holes etc. Can see sky would make them ridiculously overpowered because you could just place a block above them and have cooled air for maximum range rather than having to build an entire structure. The IC method was just "Is there any block within x y z of me"

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is all about options and alternatives in the early game, though. Have I told you about my zero-smelting city raid prep plan?

So Genshou, as far as running no cobble gen, I'm planning on setting up automated dust sieving with a better barrel for stones -> autopackager to make it cobble -> Pulverizer? for gravel -> second automated sieve. I just gotta make a city run and I'm SO scared to do so. xD

Reactions: ScottieC

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
No worries. Cities are a cake walk....Unless you meet a Vampire Pigman...or a Zombie with 427 HP...or a Brutish Pigman...or a brutish Zombie...or a hoard of archers (Skeleton, Zombie, or Pigman)...or a blaze that saw you first...aside from that...cake.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Neither of those really work in this situation as It'd be looking to see if an entire structure was enclosed and/or losing air cooling based on holes etc. Can see sky would make them ridiculously overpowered because you could just place a block above them and have cooled air for maximum range rather than having to build an entire structure. The IC method was just "Is there any block within x y z of me"
while it would be cool if you could get it to work that way, i have to say, that's really complicated. unless heat blocks would function similarly (is this block outside? is there a wall between this block and the player? etc) i would say don't worry about all that. just make it simple like the current heat blocks, provide a flat reduction to temperature in a radius around the block that lessens effect with distance. they'd still be extremely useful for cooling off areas with lots of heat blocks, and thus welcomed with open arms.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So what adds that hud info? I have never worked out which one it is...
ingameinfoxl I think. Don't quote me on it. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1409759686][/DOUBLEPOST]
while it would be cool if you could get it to work that way, i have to say, that's really complicated. unless heat blocks would function similarly (is this block outside? is there a wall between this block and the player? etc) i would say don't worry about all that. just make it simple like the current heat blocks, provide a flat reduction to temperature in a radius around the block that lessens effect with distance. they'd still be extremely useful for cooling off areas with lots of heat blocks, and thus welcomed with open arms.
As a starter I might do that but I'd want to make it as realistic as I possibly could and the cooling would certainly only fan out in one direction. The mod author might do something simple like that but personally I'd take it quite a bit farther.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
So what adds that hud info? I have never worked out which one it is...
enjoy this link to useful information, relevant to your inquiry. here's a download of my alteration to his config, which removes the biome and FPS displays. the whole map is a single biome, and i use FRAPS so FPS shows already.

As a starter I might do that but I'd want to make it as realistic as I possibly could and the cooling would certainly only fan out in one direction. The mod author might do something simple like that but personally I'd take it quite a bit farther.
if i had any ability to mod, i would do the same. however, that would also mandate that i write a plugin for whatever the mod is that does the heat blocks, and make them function similarly for the sake of thematic design. come to think of it, if i knew how to mod, there's a whole ton of things i would fix about all these mods...

Last edited:

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, magnum torches seem to have a much higher radius than the tooltip says it does. It says 64 block radius, but It's definitely higher than that. I setup my magnum torch about 90 blocks away from my dark room grinder, and my dark room grinder stops spawning mobs. I guess it's a 128 block radius. Further testing required.

Edit: Further testing has me to believe it is definitely a 128 block radius. Tried it 128 blocks away, mobs spawned. Tried it 110 blocks away, mobs stopped spawning. There you go.

Last edited:

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
enjoy this link to useful information, relevant to your inquiry. here's a download of my alteration to his config, which removes the biome and FPS displays. the whole map is a single biome, and i use FRAPS so FPS shows already.
Cheers for this...
ingameinfoxl I think. Don't quote me on it. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1409759686][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cheers
Wait, does the 1.7.x versions work with 1.6.4 which CL uses???

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Heh sorry, forgot to edit... When i went to the site I found only the 1.7.x version, after a bit of digger I found the 1.6.4 one...
just a word of advice, make sure you make backups of the two config files before updating the crash landing pack. apparently when the pack updates, it breaks any config changes.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, magnum torches seem to have a much higher radius than the tooltip says it does. It says 64 block radius, but It's definitely higher than that. I setup my magnum torch about 90 blocks away from my dark room grinder, and my dark room grinder stops spawning mobs. I guess it's a 128 block radius. Further testing required.

Edit: Further testing has me to believe it is definitely a 128 block radius. Tried it 128 blocks away, mobs spawned. Tried it 110 blocks away, mobs stopped spawning. There you go.

Magnum Torches do indeed have a 128 block radius, but will only work for 32 blocks up and down if I remember correctly.

This pack is all about options and alternatives in the early game, though. Have I told you about my zero-smelting city raid prep plan?

Please tell me more of this prep plan! I am all about city raiding :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
just a word of advice, make sure you make backups of the two config files before updating the crash landing pack. apparently when the pack updates, it breaks any config changes.

IIRC if you set the files you want left alone to read only the launcher leaves them alone when a pack updates.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC if you set the files you want left alone to read only the launcher leaves them alone when a pack updates.
interesting, will have to test that out when 1.1.2a gets released here in a day or two. still, having backups is never a bad idea.