[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
<snip> cause the snowball machine is included in the global nerfing of all the TE3 machines, right?
<snip>
those broken spawn rates are exactly the reason i have special mobs disabled, among many other extremely severe issues associated with that mod.
what global nerfing of all the te3 machines?
special mobs disabled? Wow. doesn't sound like you're playing very hard core. more like cuddly-core.

I've said this a dozen times, and I really wonder if my setup is somehow different than anyone elses, but PODonnell said the same thing I did. I have NOT had ANY issues with heat stroke ever as long as I stay the hell away from pyro and lava. Even going outside during the day doesn't cause any issues. Again, having that camel pack topped off and never letting it get low (as in, having spares made so you can swap out anytime) is all I do to keep cool. NEVER have any issues except in early game when I am low on water. EVER. I don't know what everyone's doing that's so different but yeah. it's definately wierd. I had a genny hooked directly to battery and sync chamber next to pilot's chair, had my stuff that I 'camp' near at opposite end. I don't hang out and talk to my dead co-pilot (RP there, yeah?)
I wear wood armor till I get invar then that is what I wear. period. I get as fast as humanly possible, some enchants on the invar to protect from fire cause of blazes. maybe that helps me somehow? It doesn't allow you to catch fire as much, but that's it as far as I can tell. maybe that's it actually now that I think of it. hmmmmm[DOUBLEPOST=1409727496][/DOUBLEPOST]
creepers despawn each day around noon, unless named with a nametag. thus, i find your story highly unlikely.
negative. I had the same followers for 4-8 days straight. Just today. while testing. they do not despawn unless you move away a certain distance. thus, I find your theory implausible.

Reactions: ScottieC

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've been watching Landstryder's play through of Crash Landing and just got to the episode where he first went to the city and got lambasted by a vampire pigman. I am wondering what everybody else's opinion is about them. Keep them or config them out? I have them in. They have killed me many times.
don't rem who but someone said yesterday they made a wood tico sword or something and that it will kill vampire pigmen (they can only be killed by wooden weapons). I've been carrying around 2 wooden swords in my knapsack for just an occassion, but that tico version sounds like a much better deal. will have to try it. and yes, I run away from them post haste till I realize that I now carry those above mentioned wooden swords and then I cuss at myself, cause now the dude's got friends. sigh. continue running away.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I've said this a dozen times, and I really wonder if my setup is somehow different than anyone elses, but PODonnell said the same thing I did. I have NOT had ANY issues with heat stroke ever as long as I stay the hell away from pyro and lava. Even going outside during the day doesn't cause any issues. Again, having that camel pack topped off and never letting it get low (as in, having spares made so you can swap out anytime) is all I do to keep cool. NEVER have any issues except in early game when I am low on water. EVER. I don't know what everyone's doing that's so different but yeah. it's definately wierd. I had a genny hooked directly to battery and sync chamber next to pilot's chair, had my stuff that I 'camp' near at opposite end. I wear wood armor till I get invar then that is what I wear. period. I get as fast as humanly possible, some enchants on the invar to protect from fire cause of blazes. maybe that helps me somehow? It doesn't allow you to catch fire as much, but that's it as far as I can tell. maybe that's it actually now that I think of it. hmmmmm

Yeah, my exact experiences. If I don't hang out next to super hot stuff or spend all day burning thru 5 pairs of sheers and 2 stacks of bonemeal, I never ever have problems with heatstroke (unless I catch on fire or something, of course). And even if I do, the camel pack takes care of it, all by itself, quite quickly. Not instantly, but 10 seconds or so, tops, if I stop doing whatever I'm doing to cause the heatstroke right away.

As for the fire protection armor, I don't have any enchants on mine. Never had. So yeah, that can't be it either, although I would be surprised if it helped. But it's certainly not mandatory to keep your heat down.

EDIT: To clarify, things that have given me heatstroke:

- mining 2 stacks of cobble from a vanilla cobble gen by hand with a bone TiCo pickaxe outside in the middle of the day

-creating a stack of Nethrack by hand underground while standing next to 6 crucibles making lava and a stone barrel I was using to create the Nethrack. All lava was bucketed into the barrel by hand.

-laying down 16 more survivalist generators and connecting them all to energy and item piping while standing on a row of survivalist generators and being beneath a row of survivalist generators (I was goofing off with massive quantities of generators), while outside in the middle of the day.

-burning thru 5 sets of iron shears (and the necessary bone meal) in a single day, outside. during the day.

-being on fire, many different times and situations

=letting my thirst get down to 25%ish cause I wasn't paying attn to the fact I was out of water...<<sheepishly>> also many different times and situations

that's a pretty comprehensive list I think

Last edited:

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
What's not legit about it?
It is legit (at least I think so). But it is so easy that maybe it was never intended to be used.

I have the same feeling about the item transfer node being so darn cheap. And of course SFM is way too cheap and power free (but thats my personal preference).

There are more things like that, the slab furnace does not heat you up while a regular one does.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
what global nerfing of all the te3 machines?
have you even checked the recipes for TE3 machines? they require a ton more resources to make now, with some of them being pretty much pointless to consider as you'd already have beaten the map multiple times over by the time you can craft them.

special mobs disabled? Wow. doesn't sound like you're playing very hard core. more like cuddly-core.
more like i don't feel like dealing with the gamebreaking issues that the mod introduces. if it wasn't for all that, i'd be using it without hesitation.

I've said this a dozen times, and I really wonder if my setup is somehow different than anyone elses, but PODonnell said the same thing I did. I have NOT had ANY issues with heat stroke ever as long as I stay the hell away from pyro and lava.
i spend much of my time around such heat sources when constructing automation. again, i'll be posting a video once i get my next playthrough to a relevant completion level, so that you guys can see how things are with my builds. it may or may not enlighten you on this subject, only time will tell.

negative. I had the same followers for 4-8 days straight. Just today. while testing. they do not despawn unless you move away a certain distance. thus, I find your theory implausible.
you've been ninja'd several time over already lol

It is legit (at least I think so). But it is so easy that maybe it was never intended to be used. I have the same feeling about the item transfer node being so darn cheap. And of course SFM is way too cheap and power free (but thats my personal preference). There are more things like that, the slab furnace does not heat you up while a regular one does.
this can be summed up very nicely: #Beta. these things will be worked out in time.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
It is legit (at least I think so). But it is so easy that maybe it was never intended to be used.

I have the same feeling about the item transfer node being so darn cheap. And of course SFM is way too cheap and power free (but thats my personal preference).

There are more things like that, the slab furnace does not heat you up while a regular one does.

While Iskandar hasn't commented on SFM or the Slab Furnaces (to my knowledge), he has said that Xfer nodes are totally legit, he likes the recipe the way it is, and expects people to use it a lot. That being said, it's still totally okay to not use it cause you personally feel it's cheaty, but yeah, he's totally cool with it. :)

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding heat stroke, I have a lava source block within close proximity to my farms, and spend a fair amount of time at the mob grinder output below it. Even with the ambient temperature so high it's off the scale, my temperature merely hovers at around 38 C. Are you people wearing iron armour in the skun, or something?

Edit: Now with 100% more mDiyo

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I am new to hosting a server but I downloaded the server pack for Crash landing through the ftb launcher. I loaded it in the location where I wanted it, Went to test it out and as soon as I got on a creeper blew me up. I started outside the ship on the east side of it near but not in the ship.

For a multiplayer server, I don't think you can force a player to spawn inside the ship. This works differently compared to a single player game.

I just recently setup a server and here's what I did with the 1.1.2 server files:
Extract everything to a new folder.
Set server.properties to my liking.
Open ./CrashLanding112/level.dat with NBTExplorer and under data/GameRules change mobGriefing to false. Save and close NBTExplorer.
Make a copy of CrashLanding112 (I called it CrashLanding112-orig)
Load the server up. Once loaded WITHOUT LOGGING IN, run /hqm quest on the console to enable quest mode. Stop the server.
Copy /CrashLanding112/HardcoreQuesting to /CrashLanding112-orig/HardcoreQuesting.
Delete /CrashLanding112, and recreate it from /CrashLanding112-orig.

This is also a really good time to add any mods to this modpack (This really should come with a better chunk loader, due to itemduct FMP bug and the forced mechanic of exploring cities) and something like Aroma Backup (can be ripped right out of the Agrarian Skies modpack if you are lazy).

At this point, you have configured mobGriefing to false and turned on HQM Questing mode for everyone. You also have a backup of the world in case you want/need to start it over. Now, just make sure you log on immediately after starting up the server so it's still day and you have plenty of time to start building defenses.

Reactions: ScottieC

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
In his/her defense, I should point out that even in 3.0, Special Mobs is *incredibly* laggy. Combine this with how bug-ridden it is and how f---ed up the spawn rates are with it, and I'm sure you can understand why I also have it disabled on my playthroughs. It makes the cities remarkably boring, but anything's better than getting ganked by 150 mph mobs while at 0.2 frames per second.

Reactions: savageistheman

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ummm that's not just TE3 machines buddy. Look at AE processor recipe. Hell, just look up the prc and see what recipes they are used IN. That's why I didn't understand since I thought (wrongly) that you had said upcoming. Apologies.

as for being ninja'd, I like having the last word. I'd refrain if I were you, from taking such a contradictory point of view when you haven't looked at all the circumstances, especially if you are playing with less mods than other people are. People will start giggling seeing _ME_ type this, but... think before you type. The life you save might be a baby creeper and they are awfully cute using soartex.

oh, speaking of baby creepers, that was rofl side splitting funny as hell in generikb's last vid when he got that splitting creeper and out came all those mini creepers and he's like AH AH AH AH CRAP... That was a truly rofl moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1409730631][/DOUBLEPOST]
In his/her defense, I should point out that even in 3.0, Special Mobs is *incredibly* laggy. Combine this with how bug-ridden it is and how f---ed up the spawn rates are with it, and I'm sure you can understand why I also have it disabled on my playthroughs. It makes the cities remarkably boring, but anything's better than getting ganked by 150 mph mobs while at 0.2 frames per second.
It's ok. I don't think any less of you for it... (Oh god, I so do. so much less, I'd think less than zero but the last time I did that I divided by zero and yeah... not good..., just ignore this text. nothing to see here.... don't be sifting dust in my wheaties again, puhleez.....)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
What's not legit about it?
just as i said this is just my opinion but to me in this type of map working to get lava and water to make a cobble gen is the leget way and the reason i say this is that in nearly every start from nothing pack iv played this is how it is done. Not saying that there arnt other ways obviously but unless it is intended to be done differently(Running Red) then i say lava and water is the leget way.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
just as i said this is just my opinion but to me in this type of map working to get lava and water to make a cobble gen is the leget way and the reason i say this is that in nearly every start from nothing pack iv played this is how it is done. Not saying that there arnt other ways obviously but unless it is intended to be done differently(Running Red) then i say lava and water is the leget way.
I think brain is a fifo with a very limited (what was I saying)... ohh... what other way is there other than the pyrotheum? I can't think of any other way and if it's been mentioned here that has nothing to do with the pyro, I'm very curious. afaik, pyro is supposed to be hottest liquid around, thus it's very reasonable to use that for cobblegen if you're into self incineration, etc... thus, legit. (legit btw, not leget, leget is legola's cousin in lotr).

What other reason, other than pure malice, would iskandar put that pyro there in the first place? right? Inquiring minds wanna know....

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
It's ok. I don't think any less of you for it... (Oh god, I so do. so much less, I'd think less than zero but the last time I did that I divided by zero and yeah... not good..., just ignore this text. nothing to see here.... don't be sifting dust in my wheaties again, puhleez.....)
Just never forget... only one of us is manly enough to be a space cowboy.
Hp2gMMB.png

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just never forget... only one of us is manly enough to be a space cowboy.
Hp2gMMB.png
ROFL ROFL... ok, what the hell am I looking at? do you have a pet creeper? I am so damn jealous. :) where the hell did you get the cowboy hat? oh man, you've been holding out on us.....

I thought my cross dressing brutish zombie pigman that likes to be called marge was bad......

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
It took a lot of digging for me to find that cowboy hat mod. I don't think you can find it anywhere online now.

This was just a quick jaunt in a Creative world, though. I would never keep a pet creeper, far too useful as a source of gunpowder. Plus it's just principle to shoot all creepers on sight. Every space cowboy knows that. Also, that hat is crafted using wheat, not practical for a space cowboy on a dust planet budget. In such circumstances, I prefer a hat made from the waxed and cooked flesh of mutant alien zombies (that I shot with my rifle, or else it doesn't count).

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I think brain is a fifo with a very limited (what was I saying)... ohh... what other way is there other than the pyrotheum? I can't think of any other way and if it's been mentioned here that has nothing to do with the pyro, I'm very curious. afaik, pyro is supposed to be hottest liquid around, thus it's very reasonable to use that for cobblegen if you're into self incineration, etc... thus, legit. (legit btw, not leget, leget is legola's cousin in lotr).

What other reason, other than pure malice, would iskandar put that pyro there in the first place? right? Inquiring minds wanna know....

key sentence.
"but unless it is intended to be done differently (Running Red) then i say lava and water is the leget way."

Key words.
(Running Red). the pack maker made it so that you get cobble by using the Blood alter from Blood Magic
and im pretty sure Iskandar didnt add the pyro to be used as a cobble gen therefore not intended=not LEGIT

You say legit well i say leget :) , dont you hate it when you misspell something and dont notice it

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is all about options and alternatives in the early game, though. Have I told you about my zero-smelting city raid prep plan?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
key sentence.
"but unless it is intended to be done differently (Running Red) then i say lava and water is the leget way."

Key words.
(Running Red). the pack maker made it so that you get cobble by using the Blood alter from Blood Magic
and im pretty sure Iskandar didnt add the pyro to be used as a cobble gen therefore not intended=not LEGIT

You say legit well i say leget :) , dont you hate it when you misspell something and dont notice it
But you see, that's where we disagree. If lava and pyro have same qualities to create cobble, how is that not legolas, eh? I mean, if lava and water is the only legolas way to do that, then that is like saying the only legolas way to make sticks is by using oak wood, that no other wood should be used... It's all legolas, ya know? :)

Pyro is supposed to be hotter than lava, obviously, it makes cobble, thus, legoland. *rofl* sorry.

seriously, why else do you think iskandar put that pyro there anyways? Yeah, it's useful to put under a crucible cause it's a low lag burning entity that's only beaten by netherrack on fire which does cause lag (for me at least, by the 100's). It's a beast to work with since it catches everything on fire, so it's got a down side. I don't tend to use it for that tho. I wait a little longer, and build a transfer node and some glass or glowstone glass covers to go over the lava so I don't accidentally fall in... :) I don't even bother with upgrades since by itself, that thing churns out all the cobble you can ever need. would I use pyro there? absolutely not. I in fact, use the pyro under crucible and probably will continue doing that. totally legolaslegolandleget.

:)

btw, OT. I just played the Phoenix team 1.7.10 pack for the last couple of hours. Boy would I recommend that pack, but boy would I not recommend playing 1.7.10 packs till some bugs are worked out. NEI is crashing the crap out of all the packs now. I've hung (not crashed) about 3 times now, and I can't make up my mind whether or not to try updating NEI to see if it fixes it, but yeah, not such great state right now. :(

The worldgen in that is freaking awesome. They're using skylands (whatever that is :) ) and it creates a sorta skyblock but not skyblock with lots of mini islands everywhere. it's a really cool idea. I was having fun till I hung, over and over and over again.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
It took a lot of digging for me to find that cowboy hat mod. I don't think you can find it anywhere online now.

This was just a quick jaunt in a Creative world, though. I would never keep a pet creeper, far too useful as a source of gunpowder. Plus it's just principle to shoot all creepers on sight. Every space cowboy knows that. Also, that hat is crafted using wheat, not practical for a space cowboy on a dust planet budget. In such circumstances, I prefer a hat made from the waxed and cooked flesh of mutant alien zombies (that I shot with my rifle, or else it doesn't count).
hehe Ok starbuck. I am so in love with those soartex baby creepers, I'm thinking of actually getting an avatar that I didn't find using google in 2 minutes for the sake of having one. Like me hugging a creeper squirting out doom or something. Those things are so cuddly the way they walk up to you and pew pew pew you.... :) TBH, have you played with ars magica 2? I think that's the mod that brings those cute fireworks creepers. scared the crap outta me, one ran into my house, left door open, saw creeper, was against wall, nowhere to go, and he explodes into these little fireworks and I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, like a nuke or something. Laughed so damn hard at those guys. They're just misunderstood. They want to hug you but can't, cause they gots no arms. *big sads*

and OT OT I guess, yesterday, I played with terrafirmacraft. yeah. do -- not -- want. at all. jeez. I felt like I was being punished for something I did. yeah, you go over there and pick up rocks for the next hour... let's stack wood in piles since they are too big to fit in a chest. let's sit in water to 'drink' the water. nope. CL is just fine for me.