[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
Is it true that adding wool would act as insulation, would adding a jacket to my smeltery stop it from becoming a furnace heater of doom?
Do snow work as insulation in this modpack after I heard igloos are made of snow blocks that naturally insulate heat?

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Are you really unperturbed by my actual point? I mean, a diamond sword - in hard mode - after you chop down 1 or 2 trees. o_O

LOL you know any weapon in TiCon is extremely strong. Most of us use Frying Pans :p (I just made my Iron/Copper one for prep for the city!) By all means if you think the mattock is too strong, you can go to your configs and change it ^^. I do think it's very powerful however.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Are you really unperturbed by my actual point? I mean, a diamond sword - in hard mode - after you chop down 1 or 2 trees. o_O

I've actually written a guide for city survival on the other Crash Landing Thread (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/crash-landing-help-venting-and-discussion.50255/)(yes that was a shameless plug) and in the last part go over just about every option in the game as far as weapons go. The mattock is a very good early weapon, but so is the Frying Pan. It still gets outclassed by anything you can craft later in the game. This is not vanilla. The diamond sword is worthless in this game. And really lets be honest, if you can survive the first couple of days it stops mattering how strong any weapon is since you can have methods in place to make sure you never see a monster if you don't want to.

Strong doesn't mean OP. And can someone please pass me a Mattock Slurpee? That really does sound good :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually written a guide for city survival on the other Crash Landing Thread (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/crash-landing-help-venting-and-discussion.50255/)(yes that was a shameless plug) and in the last part go over just about every option in the game as far as weapons go. The mattock is a very good early weapon, but so is the Frying Pan. It still gets outclassed by anything you can craft later in the game. This is not vanilla. The diamond sword is worthless in this game. And really lets be honest, if you can survive the first couple of days it stops mattering how strong any weapon is since you can have methods in place to make sure you never see a monster if you don't want to.

Strong doesn't mean OP. And can someone please pass me a Mattock Slurpee? That really does sound good :D
I could see a mattock being handy for something like a turmeric chai, but I for one will pass on the zombie brain slurpee.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
you guys keep talking about frying pans as weapons, but it begs the question... do they gain levels for killing mobs? cause the mattock is made from a shovel (and is supposed to be part shovel), but not only does it not shovel any faster than your bare hands, it also doesn't gain exp for shoveling. also along this train of thought, what about the battlesign?

on a sidenote, still looking for an answer to this:

so just want to clarify something. is this actually zero percent chance, or is it just minecraft being derpy and rounding a decimal?

bkeIG.jpg

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, there's nothing to loot in the city except the tico building, pneu building, and reactor building. All the other buildings have junk in them, junk that you can just craft yourself if you really need it.

They do have 2 really nice items that you're not going to easily craft for yourself, yellow and green heart canisters. Have to kill a Wither and use a red canister to make each yellow canister and there doesn't appear to even be a recipe for the green ones.

Frying pans do gain exp. Mine has beheading, lifesteal, luck, and even more knockback. :)

I don't know about the sifting but you can get 4? exp berry bushes as a quest reward.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
you guys keep talking about frying pans as weapons, but it begs the question... do they gain levels for killing mobs? cause the mattock is made from a shovel (and is supposed to be part shovel), but not only does it not shovel any faster than your bare hands, it also doesn't gain exp for shoveling. also along this train of thought, what about the battlesign?

on a sidenote, still looking for an answer to this:

A Mattock is useful as a shovel, its just doesn't shovel dust. Works like a champ on dirt gravel and sand if I remember correctly. It gains xp for shoveling the items it is good at and chopping trees, but not for killing mobs.

I also do not have an answer about the oreberry bushes. I'll test it when I get home if no one has an answer by then!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
They do have 2 really nice items that you're not going to easily craft for yourself, yellow and green heart canisters. Have to kill a Wither and use a red canister to make each yellow canister and there doesn't appear to even be a recipe for the green ones.

Frying pans do gain exp. Mine has beheading, lifesteal, luck, and even more knockback. :)

I don't know about the sifting but you can get 4? exp berry bushes as a quest reward.
the green ones I think are creative only from every pack I've seen em in. and yes, I stocked up in those, so those regular office buildings are actually work ransacking (everywhere, there are alot of hidey holes).

My frying pan of doom had more knockback, smite and beheading.

I think the 0 is 0. not 0.000001. I don't think you can specify decimal #'s in configs. just ints.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the infos guys. i might have to start using a frying pan, depending on further research (needlegun really is just too overpowered on this map). i now have more questions: where can i acquire my first sugarcane from? is it just a random loot in city ruins, or is there some secret method of obtaining it earlier? are punji sticks even worth using, and is there a way to disable player damage for them? did iskandar remove monster jerky (rotten flesh + drying racks)?

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the infos guys. i might have to start using a frying pan, depending on further research (needlegun really is just too overpowered on this map). i now have more questions: where can i acquire my first sugarcane from? is it just a random loot in city ruins, or is there some secret method of obtaining it earlier? are punji sticks even worth using, and is there a way to disable player damage for them? did iskandar remove monster jerky (rotten flesh + drying racks)?

Sugarcane seed from (I believe) sieving dirt/tilling grass. No clue about punji...maybe be creative with them? and no they just take awhile to 'dry'.

On a side note I'm going to go for the city for the first time and I'm so scared! Wish me luck!

Edit: AHH the light of day! It's been so long!

Edit Edit: my heart it pounding so hard...at 1 heart from zombie pigman...do they not show up on the map? dslfkdsjkf;lglkfgjf;lgajdf XD

Edit Edit Edit: so...those brutish giant zombie pigmen can take a beating, huh. and they deal quite a bit of damage. on to the next world I guess.

Last edited:

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Sugarcane seed from (I believe) sieving dirt/tilling grass. No clue about punji...maybe be creative with them? and no they just take awhile to 'dry'.
oh right, ex nihilo is a thing. murderholes suddenly useful again? good to know, salted flesh is too troublesome (and partly why i do the 2 minute cobble gen start).

oh also, @DoomSquirter and @twisto51: the green heart canisters aren't fully implemented yet. the intention is that they will function exactly like the red and yellow canisters, adding an additional 10 hearts (20 health points) to the player. this will bring the grand total up to 40 hearts (80 health points).

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian Skies added a recipe to make the green heart canisters. In this pack you can find red, yellow, and green heart canisters in the loot chests in the cities.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Agrarian Skies added a recipe to make the green heart canisters. In this pack you can find red, yellow, and green heart canisters in the loot chests in the cities.
iirc, the green heart canisters were given as rewards, but not creatable. Not sure tho.. cause there is no recipe by default. They are finished, they do work, I've used em in agskies, but I haven't seem em in cities in CL as of yet. One way to find out would be to look at loot / chest drops using NEI.