[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that all three colors of heart canisters can be found in city loot chests.

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
So the building I'm looking for (for next life) has 2 chimneys right? The one with 1 only had pressure walls and assemblers or something like that.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like fun.....

2014-09-03_20.27.50.png

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Sugarcane seed from (I believe) sieving dirt/tilling grass. No clue about punji...maybe be creative with them? and no they just take awhile to 'dry'.

On a side note I'm going to go for the city for the first time and I'm so scared! Wish me luck!

Edit: AHH the light of day! It's been so long!

Edit Edit: my heart it pounding so hard...at 1 heart from zombie pigman...do they not show up on the map? dslfkdsjkf;lglkfgjf;lgajdf XD

Edit Edit Edit: so...those brutish giant zombie pigmen can take a beating, huh. and they deal quite a bit of damage. on to the next world I guess.

They should show up on the map - you need to enable them maybe?

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
Is this just something that should be avoided in this mod pack? I was really hoping that it could be done and I could use drones, but if this is an issue I would be afraid to use drones for anything while playing survival.

I think I just ran into a bug, I am assuming it is with Pneumatic Craft. Anyway, I was in creative trying to understand how drones work so I decided to demolish a city building with drones.

Really simple program one drone "digs" the building and another picks up the drops. Make sure to put multiple dispenser upgrades (a full stack seems to work well enough) in the pick up drone, it sees the chisel blocks as the same item, but cannot put them all in the same inventory space, otherwise it just sits there after picking up one of those blocks.

This works well for a little while, then I'm not able to open any inventory screens or interact with any blocks and the drones and mobs stop moving. I can still move, everything is still animating and I can still place blocks. After waiting for a few minutes, things catch up really fast, then everything stops again.

So I put the pneumatic helmet on to see if it is something specific the drones are trying to do that is causing the issue. I noticed that while the pickup drone was targeting a spot that didn't have any items near by. I use the pneumatic wrench to pick up the drone (have to wait a bit after right clicking it, may take a few minutes) and the issue stops. I can also place a block on the spot the drone is targeting and it will pick another item to pick up. The new item may or may not be one of these phantom items, which may result in everything freezing again.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have not used pneumatic craft much, so I am not sure if this is a common problem with the mod or if there is some sort of conflict specific with the crash landing mod pack?

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had any trouble with drones before, but I haven't tried to use them to take down a whole building. How long were the drops on the ground before it picked them all up? It might be that something despawned while the pick up drone was working and it glitched. Or the sheer number of block drops lagged something out and the drone glitched.

I would say try it again on a smaller building, or part of a building and see what happens. Maybe backup your save file first though.[DOUBLEPOST=1409802035][/DOUBLEPOST]

:eek: That's a lot of nope right there...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
All the ore bushes and essence bush should be attainable. Their drop rates were not changed in minetweaker.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
All the ore bushes and essence bush should be attainable. Their drop rates were not changed in minetweaker.
so then it's just minecraft being derpy and rounding a decimal. wonder what the actual percentage is? it can only be between 0.1% and 0.9% after all...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
you guys keep talking about frying pans as weapons, but it begs the question... do they gain levels for killing mobs? cause the mattock is made from a shovel (and is supposed to be part shovel), but not only does it not shovel any faster than your bare hands, it also doesn't gain exp for shoveling. also along this train of thought, what about the battlesign?

on a sidenote, still looking for an answer to this:
The battlesign is writable and has a block with damage reduction....... I don't see much of a purpose for it.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
so then it's just minecraft being derpy and rounding a decimal. wonder what the actual percentage is? it can only be between 0.1% and 0.9% after all...
According to the ex nihilo wiki

Essence Berry Bush (1%)
Gold Oreberry Bush (0.5%)
Copper Oreberry Bush (0.5%)
Tin Oreberry Bush (0.3%)
Aluminum Oreberry Bush (0.3%)
Iron Oreberry Bush (0.3%)[DOUBLEPOST=1409803196][/DOUBLEPOST]
The battlesign is writable and has a block with damage reduction....... I don't see much of a purpose for it.
Make that damage reflection...... brain fart.....

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if MDiyo has ever considered adding a modifier to increase the damage reduction provided by a weapons blocking ability? Without a doubt you'd never want to let it get to 100%, but I could see adding to the percentage considerably.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Is this just something that should be avoided in this mod pack? I was really hoping that it could be done and I could use drones, but if this is an issue I would be afraid to use drones for anything while playing survival.
About your drone problem? Landstryder made a brief mention his recent video about breakers breaking too much too fast for the collectors to pick up. Maybe you can go ask him?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
From past experience; essence bush 1/200, ore bushes 1/500 or so.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I was disappointed that my flux-infused shovel on charged mode doesn't work properly on dust, and it mines dust pretty slowly too. There is always the tico excavator, but the flux-infused shovel can be extremely fast with efficiency V.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
From past experience; essence bush 1/200, ore bushes 1/500 or so.
Essence Berry Bush (1%)
Gold Oreberry Bush (0.5%)
Copper Oreberry Bush (0.5%)
Tin Oreberry Bush (0.3%)
Aluminum Oreberry Bush (0.3%)
Iron Oreberry Bush (0.3%)

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
okay i've finally got my first high oven > deep tank > smeltery setup, but i'm having problems with it. no matter what i try, i can't get it to transfer single ingots at a time from the deep tank to the smeltery. this makes this build useless when it comes to exact measurements for alloys. any ideas on what i can do?

this is my setup as it currently stands. i've tried using fluiducts with buttons and levers. i've tried using faucet/ casting channel with buttons and levers.

bkFtj.png

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
Tip if you want to keep your high golem don't have your ecting pool outside in the open. My golem thought it was a good idea to be a PCB and exploded. :(

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly random idea. Take advantage of the ability of the smeltery to melt things back down, thus output from the deep tank into a casting table with an ingot on it, use a spout instead of the fluiduct so that you don't get any liquid trapped. A button press gets an ingot, then it can be extraced via itemduct and dropped right into the smeltery.
interesting... i'll try it out.

edit: so it works, but it looks terrible.

Last edited:

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Tip if you want to keep your high golem don't have your ecting pool outside in the open. My golem thought it was a good idea to be a PCB and exploded. :(
Ah so the golem is friendly. I tried looking it up but only found people talking about wanting to make a super golem that was hostile (even the mob creator). I thought Iskandar had given us a hostile golem spawn so we could defeat it and get an item that we needed to progress. Much like the Wither spawn.
I can dig him out of my chest and make a friend on this planet. Yay! I won't really need him for combat as my base is secured but he will be useful for those sneaky ghasts that air drop mobs in. Plus I can have an cardboard (iron) programmer for when I get into SFM. Now if only I had a rubber duck (or in my case a bobble head) in MC too. Hmmm...

Last edited: