[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Do this. Log in once. Even tho it says offline. Then wait about 45 seconds to a minute and log in again. The server goes to sleep. And wakes when someone tries to log in. Imma disable that but I'm not home ATM :/

audiomoddified

Jul 29, 2019
So, on first look, I'd say you need a water progression, similar to what Crash Landing has. Other than that, a SSP version would be awesome.

audiomoddified

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback and great stream! But what do you mean a SSP version?

Thanks man. I mean like a single player version, like a starting map or something, to mimic the server start. Maybe just a save file of the original server seed?

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
It worked for me last night :/ just checked. It started up fine. Give it a shot now. Imma disable the sleep mode thing

havick1988

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame no one plays on the server anymore. Or at least rarely I'll see like one or two people on the server at a time. This mod pack needs to be popular again.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame no one plays on the server anymore. Or at least rarely I'll see like one or two people on the server at a time. This mod pack needs to be popular again.

I like the modpack, but dislike how raiding and factions work together. On other servers, a faction area was a fairly safe spot. You could make a base, and it was only a problem when people died and your factions power level was less than the number of chunks you owned and you got raided. But with some of the items in the pack, once your base is known, it gets totally destroyed, and all items stolen, and people can kill you in your base. Hiding your base isn't a great option, since people can see where faction land is. So your options are:

-Build a base that isn't a faction and hide it well, using a faction area to TP to go out looking for stuff.
-Build an ugly base that's an obsidian cube with water pouring over it. (And i'm not sure if that is even immune to a lot of the items that bypass faction protections, it's just what we used in hexxit.)

I enjoy the look and feel of the Mortuus Terra ruined cities. And part of the fun on the servers I that used to be up for it was reclaiming a section of the city from the zombies and fixing it up, and trying to keep them out. That's just not possible the way the server is configured now.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I'm trying to find a way to balance the raiding and protections for the next map. The issue is with mods like ICBM. Now ICBM can blow up any base. However it does have counters. Such as AA turrets to shoot down missiles and an emp and radar to destroy missiles as well. The main offend or is probably flans rocket launchers. Nothing ATM can stop those. So basically the choices are to remove all the methods of raiding. Or add better methods of protecting oneself. For instance forcefield to keep your base safe. Idk ATM. Maybe a little of both?

redforest

Jul 29, 2019
the lack of endgame is annoying.
I tried to build a proto-titan, but it ate my materials & didn't provide the end object [IGN: Redforest ]

Also, Metalurgy is not implemented fully enough as you cannot make ingots out of all the metals you can make in the tinker's smeltry

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on expanding the endgame a bit in the upcoming release. Galacticraft maybe?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Part of the endgame for a modpack like this isn't just the machines in your base or spiffy armor. For some people it's building that oasis in the ruins of an old city. Some of the stuff i saw on other servers were modeled after fortresses, or glass domed enclaves. Others were madmax style rambling structures with bridges connecting various levels of buildings and zombies roaming below.

'Endgame' is an odd term for minecraft. It can mean "i've done all the quests, like in Agrarian Skies, or killing the enderdragon, or just "built the best item i can get, bored, moving on". Oddly enough, the longest running servers seem to be vanilla. Something about having a progression in modded MC means people think they have to leave when done and start over. But servers with a good community can beat that. To build community people need to stick around. That's the bad side of raiding. One guy has a great time destroying stuff someone took weeks to build. He had fun. Builder leaves. If it's just PVP in the ruins, not so bad. You might lose some stuff, no big deal. You still have your machines, town, crops, progress. It takes a lot longer to build than to destroy. So it a lot easier to get people who raid to stay around than the people that built.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm so maybe a raiding but not griefing rule? Meaning no exploding ppls bases but if u leave a door open or something they can steal ur chests? It is the apocalypse after all xD

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
People will just explode the wall, steal your shit, rebuild wall, claim you left a door open. If the items that can grief through protections are left in, you are trusting people not to grief. That trust is of course misplaced, as all of us have seen on multiple servers. There are some better protection programs, factions is a bit old. Grief prevention and Mytown are decent. And then remove a mods that grief through those. Flans is sort of notorious for that.