[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I meant. I would remove ICBM etc. And it would be impossible to rebuild because they cannot build in claimed territory. But Yea I'll look into other plugins as welll

redforest

Jul 29, 2019
Faction bypassing mods:
ICBM, Flans, Turtles...

also it would be nice if you blocked the creation of things you don't want built better, titans & things that you don't want built should be listed somewhere so I don't waste materials trying.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
There are no banned items if I remember correctly...titans are just bugged for some reason and dont always build. :/

redforest

Jul 29, 2019
Crafting Conflict!
tf2's turret base is not craft-able as it is the same pattern as the propeller from flans' plains

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that one I do know. I'll be correcting that with either minetweaker or by making a trade in machine of some sort.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey i love the pack it is addictive but the zombie sounds are a bit loud? I mean i had it on 10% and i still had to leave my head phones on my neck which i could still clear hear the screaming zombies. don't know if that is something you can fix or not?

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm.... I dont think so. Do u mean individual zombies? Or the mass amounts at one r loud?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
both really i mean at 10% they shuld be quite just above a whisper. Minecraft has the same problem most times i have to set it down to like 2% just soo i don't hear them. I would say it is my settings but the other sounds are fine and at the right levels. It just does seem to make a difference for the zombies. No one else hes aid anything about it? Not a big thing.

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Xile I LOVE this modpack and I really really wanna setup a server to play with a few friends. I have posted a thread on the infinix forums and I've talked to you a bit about that modpack (which I can't seem to run either)

Is there something I need to have or do before I run these servers? I work for another 2 hours then I'll be home to do some more testing. It seems like I can run the servers on my own PC but when I copy them over to my server it doesn't seem to run.

Pastebin forge log: www.pastebin.com/DTghJBVR

now running it on my own PC i get a little farther but it still stops short: http://pastebin.com/is5WkUKi

Also getting stuff like this: http://pastebin.com/ESCWU2qH

You can ignore that first pastebin for now. the 2nd and 3rd ones are from running the server on my own PC and thats what I want to get running first just so my friend and I can play together. Then if you have time look at the 1st pastebin to see whats happening to my server one :)

Last edited:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
That mod looks neat Mikhail's! Krutonius that error is extremely weird. To start is it a dedicated server that you are running it on? It seems to be related to the launch script from what I can tell. That's related to the first one. The second one is weird. Does it freeze there or crash? Cuz city world tosses out some errors since its an outdated plugin but it still should work. However those errors look unfamiliar. The third one, did it freeze there? It looks like it was still loading to me. There wasn't any errors.

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
yes the first is on a dedicated server that I own. The other 2 are run on my own PC. The server worked 1 time on my own PC. As far as the 3rd pastebin it sat there saying "tf2 sentry has an update" or something along those lines for about 15+ minutes so I just closed it. Should I just let it run for longer? I feel like it shouldn't take that long

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
No but did you try to connect to it? Its possible it finished and was just sitting there. As for the server. Please try opening the startup script that you are using and remove everything but the xmx, xms and the -jar and if it has -server keep that as well.

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
I did try connecting each time. Server never showed up. Unfortunately I work for another 5 hours so ill give that a shot when I get home tonight. Should I edit your .bat or make my own?

Update: Got server to run on my own PC, turns out it was a combo of: 1. Not knowing it was running cause I was used to a java server window popping open (just the cmd window was open this time) and 2. I didn't have ports forwarded on my own PC cause I had only planned to run a server on my VMs.

So now I just want to get it to run on my dedicated server which is the pastebin log errors that you thought were really weird. For my sake I deleted the logs and ran it again on the dedicated server: http://pastebin.com/2AaDxCtJ

Last edited:

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds Like a good idea. Also we are getting a more powerful server in the next few days. I'll also be doing optimizations wherever possible. Do you think zombies count is good as is?

What are you running the server on? Just curious ☺

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Ssd,32 GB of ram and a Xeon 1245 v2. Also u can just edit my startup script. I believe that will fix the issue. Let me know though! As a note I run these with java 8 as well because back to back profiling showed a performance improvement. That could be why the script doesn't work for you but no idea

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I edited my post above, got the server running on my PC which runs on Java 7. When I try to run the server on Java 8 it tells me MCPC+8.11 does not support Java 8, run it in Java 7.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
o_O OK well we can try something. The included Forge.jar is outdated. Please download this installer. http://adf.ly/901609/http://files.m...185/cauldron-1.6.4-1.965.21.185-installer.jar run that in the main server folder where the other server.jar is and make sure if it asks for a directory to install u tell in the server folder. Then it will install a libraries folder, 1.6.4 server jar and a cauldron.jar. DO NOT RENAME the 1.6.4server.jar!!!! Cauldron Now needs that in the same folder to run. Next just rename cauldron.jar to Forge.jar. after that u may wanna ftp those files back to ur local PC and update your local PC as well. Its a pretty significant improvement in performance!

Edit:
This is for your dedicated server. Which is why I linked the Linux installer.