[1.6.4] Cataclysm ModPack [HardCore, Post-Apocalyptic Survival]

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
I may have tried the latest cauldron already but I'll give it another shot. I actually use a windows server instead of Linux cause I dont understand Linux lol. O can find the windows installer tho thank you!

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
Tried latest cauldron to run the server, renamed cauldron Forge, left the minecraft_server.jar in the folder, and still getting same results http://pastebin.com/4mmuqKyF

This is so frustrating. I can run the exact same server files on my PC, and I can run other modded servers on my Dedicated server just fine, but this one seems to cause problems, and so does Infinix. Maybe its the Cauldron? Thats the only thing thats different, the forge log keeps saying failed to launch. Grr :p

Last edited:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Almost positive I've figured it out! Add "-nojline" without quotes after the "-jar Forge.jar" also make sure you have Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed.

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
Xile I love you so much! I just figured it out reading that forum post. Obviously (x64) Microsoft Visual helps run 64-bit programs like my Java 64-bit! The first time I installed MS Visual I used (x86)!! It totally works now and I am forever grateful! Anything at all I can do for you just let me know!

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Great! Just glad you got it working! Sorry I'm not much help on windows stuff. I've only ever run servers on Debian. Well and my local PC. Let me know if you need help with anything in the future. ;)

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
Well I really appreciate it! You were a big help. My friend set up this server for me and I told him I would be calling him every 5 seconds unless he set it up as a windows server lol. Also, my friend and I like the Galacticraft idea for an "endgame." And also, have you considered Borderlands Mod? Not really for the guns but for the Psychos and Bandits that would roam the wasteland and be hostile to you. Just a thought!

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
I have used borderlands mod in my other Modpack since that mod came out xD I love it! In fact the "you will die mod" is by the same developer. I've been contemplating adding in the borderlands gun mod but I just might do it :p

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
You could make the gun spawns be super rare in loot chest, that would give some lucky players access to early game guns til their ammo runs out :p but I'm interested in the mod for the Hostile mobs, spice it up a bit versus zombies all day every day ha. Also, did I read somewhere that ICBM was in this pack? Or did it get taken out?

TheRealKrutonius

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to modify the spawning of Farms (more importantly cactus) in this modpack? My friends and I are finding it extremely difficult to find cactus, unless this is the way its intended. Thanks!

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Its unfortunately not possible to my knowledge :( what I had to do was go around and plant some cactus etc with creative mode for the players. I'm looking for a way to do this through another mod though.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
For those interested. Here Is a nicely done roleplay series on the pack. They just use the technic version which has shaders and mutant creatures which is the only difference. I leave those in the technic version just for them Lol.

The Cataclysts - S2 - Ep 1 - Stranded:

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I plan on expanding it a lot. I couldn't work on it much past few months because of college and I was overhauling my main Modpack to 1.7.10 which took a few months. Now this is next on my to do list :). I may even make a mod for it

Last edited: